U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive been waiting for many years to get a bf/husband and its been rough! Anyways this morning when i was resting, I saw a stop sign at my apartments in a vision that had the name of the guy i am talking to/like and the stop sign was GREEN. I didnt understand it at first and thought maybe i needed to 'slow down' since it was a stop sign and it was green....but then the revelation came to me later. The green color is 'go' for my direction to [insert guys name] for a relationship and the shape of the sign; a stop sign means my trial of lonliness is coming to an END. Any ways I dont get ever get visions so this is new to me. Hopfully i am acurate with all that is happening right now but I dont want to second guess or doubt what God has been doing. Ive been struggling with doubt for a while, but the vision was true and the revelation seems right, prayers for guidance would be apreciated. Thankyou!

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ive been waiting for many years to get a bf/husband and its been rough! Anyways this morning when i was resting, I saw a stop sign at my apartments in a vision that had the name of the guy i am talking to/like and the stop sign was GREEN. I didnt understand it at first and thought maybe i needed to 'slow down' since it was a stop sign and it was green....but then the revelation came to me later. The green color is 'go' for my direction to [insert guys name] for a relationship and the shape of the sign; a stop sign means my trial of lonliness is coming to an END. Any ways I dont get ever get visions so this is new to me. Hopfully i am acurate with all that is happening right now but I dont want to second guess or doubt what God has been doing. Ive been struggling with doubt for a while, but the vision was true and the revelation seems right, prayers for guidance would be apreciated. Thankyou!
I think you simply saw what you wanted to see, and are interpreting it to bolster your desires.

Have you tried asking God if this vision means anything?

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

welcome to the single train on our next stop you will take a step off and in about 30 minutes there will be a relationship train appearing on the opposite side have your tickets ready and in hand passengers

but no legit I understand the feeling it sucks the truth is it will never be easy to get a guy actually you know what scratch that it will be easy but the best thing is that you have nothing to lose accept be in a awkward position, wish you luck

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

My wife gets a similar form of guidance to this so I am thinking that you probably have been shown something very important. She was somehow shown that I was going to be her husband and that she should fast and pray for me.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you simply saw what you wanted to see, and are interpreting it to bolster your desires.

Have you tried asking God if this vision means anything?
I cant make this stuff up!!! Its too creative for my simple mind. You are doubting. I saw this when my eyes were closed. Name, shape and color. I couldnt possiply come up with something like this myself

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
welcome to the single train on our next stop you will take a step off and in about 30 minutes there will be a relationship train appearing on the opposite side have your tickets ready and in hand passengers

but no legit I understand the feeling it sucks the truth is it will never be easy to get a guy actually you know what scratch that it will be easy but the best thing is that you have nothing to lose accept be in a awkward position, wish you luck
thanks sweethart lol

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My wife gets a similar form of guidance to this so I am thinking that you probably have been shown something very important. She was somehow shown that I was going to be her husband and that she should fast and pray for me.
Thanks Dennis. I do pray and fast as well. The spirit asked me to pray for him and talk about the bible to him. I am going to wait patiently and prayerfully and see what God does. Thankyou

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry for my post guys it was inappropriate when I always become too relaxed or too stressed I forget formalities and become too joyous, I start to have a lack of care how I say things so forgive me for my indecency

I'll be praying for you sister

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,050.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I'm a little sceptical of instant solutions but I'll give my (very personal) experience first, and then hopefully give you a bit of advice.

My wife and I have been married now for 27 years, but in the years before I met my wife, I was single for about nine years, following an earlier marriage breakdown. Like you I was starting to get a bit restive about meeting a suitable companion (female in my case), particularly in view of the rather limited playing ground in our local church, due to its small size. At that stage I didn't have much in the way of outside interests - it was work and church (mind you the church had a very engaging set of young people, and they had even a gym under the church, which meant I was reasonably fit back then - fast forward nearly 30 years and I'd rather watch others work out, but I digress).

I forgot who it was who said it, but he quipped, "I love work! I could watch it for hours!"

So I went running off to the pastor, to seek his wise advice. He gave a couple of options, of which advertising in the local news paper was one, saying he'd seen several good marriages come of that (but you also need to be very careful). Then he added, "But maybe you'll got to a conference or something and meet someone there."

I wasn't keen on advertising, so I started going to all these conferences - you name it, I was there - meetings about cults, creationism, specific ministry needs and all the rest. The reality was that I didn't give two hoots about the conferences - all I was interested in was meeting someone. So I'd sit there just checking out the rest of the participants.

No go! Back to the pastor, tail between my legs. I think he was a bit irritated, but replied "That's not quite what I meant. I was talking about a group like 'Christians without Partners'. That way you know you're in a group where they're looking for the same thing".

But precisely as he said "... Christians without Partners ... ", this sense of bubbling joy hit me - very brief (about five seconds at most), but also very noticeable. I knew then that I'd meet someone if I went there. The group no longer exists, and hasn't for a long time, but it did then.

So I went along, and sure enough on the second occasion I went, I met my future wife, and we were married the better part of a year later.

So my advice to you is to seek the advice of your pastor and others with experience in Christian matters. Secondly to look for places where there are other Christians who might also be looking for suitable partners.

I would not put too much faith in one-off "visions" if I were you, or you could set yourself up for a lot of heartbreak, and disillusionment with God. He knows if there is someone He's got in mind, but you might need to take some steps in a logical direction to cooperate with Him.

It's a bit like the bloke complaining to God that His promise of a lot of money due to a future lottery win never seemed to eventuate. After hearing this bloke whinge for a few years, God finally answered.

"Mate", He said, "meet me half way. Buy a ticket first!"

You might have to buy an allegorical ticket - put yourself in a place where there are likely to be other lonely Christians, looking for partners. And if you do meet someone, don't rush, whatever you do. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, and you need to make sure it's going to last.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The problem with the Charismatic view of the supernatural, dreams and visions is that many believe that everything supernatural has to come from God. This has led too many people into error and wrong doctrine and life direction.

The truth is that demons can replicate anything supernatural, including prophecy, dreams and visions to deceive believers. He does not bother with unbelievers because they are no threat to him, but he will concentrate his efforts on some of the most sincere, passionate believers because they are becoming a threat to him. So, if he can give them a vision that sidetracks them into trying to satisfy a soulish desire, then he has them where he wants them.

As far as getting a life partner, there are no shortcuts to getting out there, meeting people, making friends, and evaluating friendships and carefully considering a prospective life partner to see if he or she has the same vision for Christ and whether once they are yoked together, they are moving in the same direction for Christ.

A wonderful saint of God who had a powerful gospel ministry married a husband who had his own ministry, but didn't believe that she should be preaching. On her wedding day she knew she had made a tragic error in marrying him. for a number of years she had to take a back seat while he did all the preaching. In the end, she left him and went through some very difficult times because of judgmental religious people because of her divorce, but a church accepted her as their pastor and her ministry then took off and ended up being one of the most powerful healing ministries of the 20th Century.

God gave us a brain and the ability to examine things logically. A demon can give a vision and say, "God says you have to marry this man and if you spend time thinking about it seriously and examining whether this man is really right for you, you are in disobedience." Many Pentecostals and Charismatics have been deceived this way, resulting in ruined lives, missed callings and messy divorces.

God told me that I didn't need visions to guide me, because I had His presence in the Person of the Holy Spirit within me and the written Word, and that is all I need. So, in my 50 years since, I have never had a vision, because I have never needed one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Oscarr...lets not LUMP two groups together. Baptist Catholics and MANY others do the same thing at times when it comes to dreams and visions.

There is this FRUIT of the spirits.. you know how GOD moves. The enemy SATAN will not give you a peace will never mimic what GOD does 100% for he cant. He can not create anything.

Now lets speak truth MANY more Pentecostals and Charismatics have been so blessed to have a dream vision about someone they were going to marry! I have the stories by some that GOD did in fact show the person ..this one being a man.. where "you will marry her". The DOUBT will in fact promise you you will get nothing from GOD.

So.. dont let any man rob you. Always pray about it.. ask GOD to confirm it ..if it was of Him. If it is you will get a peace..something again the enemy can not do..ever.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is me waiting for a vision...

Sunday Afternoon blob out.jpg
Sunday Afternoon blob out.jpg

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have you asked him if he believes Jesus is the Christ who came in the flesh, died for sins, was buried, and rose from the dead the 3rd day? Both God and Satan give visions.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i havent asked but would not go forward unless I knew. And thats the thing I dont know if its from God, but since I had an interpretation later on in the day Im pretty sure its from God. I have had visions and dreams from satan..but im good at spotting his tactics consderging the circumstances and his style. I have very good discernment, I can say that confidently

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't see the current experience of visions and dreams as something coming from the Holy Spirit mentioned in the New Testament anywhere. I see that Paul had a vision of a man from Macedonia, but that was direct guidance and didn't need interpretation. Also, Paul talked of someone he knew being transported to the 3rd heaven, but doesn't give any details of it. But these do not match the reports of dreams and visions that people seem to be getting in our modern churches. I know that Joseph had dreams but they were clear and direct, not something vague that needed interpretation.

Psychological books dealing with interpretation of dreams are written by atheists. Freud was the most prominent author and he was an atheist who related every psychological issue to sex, especially the desire to have incest sex. So I have to conclude that dream interpretation belongs more to New Age mysticism than the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see the current experience of visions and dreams as something coming from the Holy Spirit mentioned in the New Testament anywhere. I see that Paul had a vision of a man from Macedonia, but that was direct guidance and didn't need interpretation. Also, Paul talked of someone he knew being transported to the 3rd heaven, but doesn't give any details of it. But these do not match the reports of dreams and visions that people seem to be getting in our modern churches. I know that Joseph had dreams but they were clear and direct, not something vague that needed interpretation.

Psychological books dealing with interpretation of dreams are written by atheists. Freud was the most prominent author and he was an atheist who related every psychological issue to sex, especially the desire to have incest sex. So I have to conclude that dream interpretation belongs more to New Age mysticism than the Holy Spirit.

According to your own testimony, you have stated that you have heard the voice of The Lord.(And this I believe to be true). Instead of concluding a matter(any matter) why not take this matter to The Lord. After all, whatever He would reveal to you, would be the Truth of that matter. Picture a little child constantly asking questions about the things they don't understand to their father. So it is with us. For me personally, I know He loves my questions for that is part of our relationship, to share. Father to son and son to Father. I also have to state that finally someone sees ("I knew a man") means exactly that, and not Paul being transported to the 3rd heaven as many assume. Be Blessed Oscar, and may The Lord increase His revelation of His Word and Himself to you.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
According to your own testimony, you have stated that you have heard the voice of The Lord.(And this I believe to be true). Instead of concluding a matter(any matter) why not take this matter to The Lord. After all, whatever He would reveal to you, would be the Truth of that matter. Picture a little child constantly asking questions about the things they don't understand to their father. So it is with us. For me personally, I know He loves my questions for that is part of our relationship, to share. Father to son and son to Father. I also have to state that finally someone sees ("I knew a man") means exactly that, and not Paul being transported to the 3rd heaven as many assume. Be Blessed Oscar, and may The Lord increase His revelation of His Word and Himself to you.
It is just that I am alerted (not to you, but in general) to the general belief among Charismatics that everything supernatural, including dreams and visions have to come from the Lord and nowhere else. But it has been shown that the devil can counterfeit everything that we do, right down to the last detail. He can be so convincing and so near to the genuine that even good believers can be deceived. This is not the fault of the good believers, but it is the deceitfulness of the devil.

When I did hear the voice of the Lord speaking in my spirit for the first time, one of the questions I asked was about dreams and visions, and He told me I didn't need them because I have His presence with me and if I need to know anything all I have to do is to ask Him and He will answer me; and if He wants to correct me, He will speak to me quite clearly in my spirit and I will know all about it.

I can't remember whether I quoted 1 John 4:1-5 to you, but it is good advice. I am not against dreams and visions in general, but they must make it clear to you that Jesus is Lord, that He is all in all. I get some crazy dreams at time, like last night when I went visiting a friend at his house on a bicycle, and wearing pyjamas! I went up to his door but decided not to knock on it because I didn't want him to see me in my pyjamas. So I got on my bike and rode away. Then my alarm went off. I had another dream where I was in my own bed in my own room and I got up and there was this dark entity coming up the stairs. I rebuked it in the Name of Jesus in a loud voice, then I woke up back in my own bed. I said to my self that was just a dream, but then I thought, "I am still dreaming!" Then I woke up again, this time for real! That was a dream within a dream!

I think I learn things through my dreams, although I don't try to interpret them. I learned that I can pray and rebuke the devil in my dreams, especially if I am having a nightmare. I remember in one dream (I don't remember the details of it) where I was yelling at the devil and woke up groaning.

I have been getting recurring dreams about trying to find a toilet, but either they had no doors or the toilet was non functional. Then I would find one but it was open to the world and everyone could see me sitting there. But I didn't feel embarrassed. Just after I had given up teaching, I used to have dreams about arriving at school and not being able to find my classroom, or I would be teaching and all the children would be absolutely well-behaved (I wish that always happened in real life!).

One of the most memorable dreams I have had, which took away my fear of death was one where I was hurtling toward a cliff and getting right to the edge and flying over, yelling, "Here we go!" Then I woke up. I was not afraid in that dream at all. I think it could be something in my sub-conscious that came from a time in the 1981 when I had a major car accident. I was travelling on the main highway, got to a sharp corner too fast, went into a major skid and rolled my car over a bank. As the car was skidding toward the bank, I remember thinking, "In a minutes time I will know what it is going to be like when I'm dead!" I wasn't afraid. There were young willows and they cushioned the car while it rolled, and we ended up back on the wheels down by a small stream. My passenger and I escaped with bumps and bruises. The car following thought that we would have been killed because it looked like a real Dukes of Hazzard roll! Even to this day, I can't exceed the speed limit on the open road without getting anxious. I believe that the Lord preserved us that day.

It is interesting that I have had dreams where I have been driving a car without brakes and not being able to stop, but somehow, not having an accident. I wonder if those dreams are connected with my historic accident?

Anyway, some interesting thoughts!

• Friendly
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 14:22-33 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Walks on the Water
22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

One day out of my curiosity, I asked The Lord how He walked on the water and He said, "I believed, and so I walked." "And greater things than these will you do" So you see, sometimes, but not always, dreams do contain a message, especially the reoccuring ones.

Upvote 0