Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
I think it may be an issue with your AV software. The AV software on my system just simply blocks it if there is an issue, and the ad doesn't show. If you do have a rootkit, I highly doubt you got it from this site, and I highly doubt your AV software would even recognize it if you do have one(or more) on your system.

I use system restore software, which protects the master boot file and resets everything every time I reboot the computer, so the only thing that could potentially get through are rootkits. To get a rootkit, you pretty much have to be going to sites such as inappropriate content, pirated software/movies, opening any and all email you receive, etc.

Upvote 0

bookofjade

Aug 7, 2016
Old Melbourne
✟7,922.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
I think it may be an issue with your AV software. The AV software on my system just simply blocks it if there is an issue, and the ad doesn't show. If you do have a rootkit, I highly doubt you got it from this site, and I highly doubt your AV software would even recognize it if you do have one(or more) on your system.

I use system restore software, which protects the master boot file and resets everything every time I reboot the computer, so the only thing that could potentially get through are rootkits. To get a rootkit, you pretty much have to be going to sites such as inappropriate content, pirated software/movies, opening any and all email you receive, etc.
Ummm, I'm not using a PC.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have heard that you might detect a rootkit in safe mode, but not always. I have no way of knowing if I have a rootkit, but I know hackers can get in your PC if they really want, and knowing how the internet is full of extremists, I wouldn't doubt that its possible to give a hacker enough motivation to hack you. They hack into social media accounts like Facebook all the time. Does that mean they can also hack your PC? I would assume so. Having said that, I don't watch inappropriate content, but I admit I have visited a couple movie websites that are questionable. Since then however I just got Netflix.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Ummm, I'm not using a PC.

Does it matter? It has an operating system which runs the software you use on it just as a computer likewise uses an OS for the software it runs. With the high use of I-Phones and such by people nowadays for internet browsing and online transactions, they are prime targets for all kinds of malware.

Upvote 0

bookofjade

Aug 7, 2016
Old Melbourne
✟7,922.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Does it matter? It has an operating system which runs the software you use on it just as a computer likewise uses an OS for the software it runs. With the high use of I-Phones and such by people nowadays for internet browsing and online transactions, they are prime targets for all kinds of malware.
Yeah it should be different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Yeah it should be different.

Then explain how it should be different? The only difference I see is in the OS. The software and data on your phone can be compromised in the same manner as on a desktop or laptop computer from surfing the net or opening email.

Upvote 0

bookofjade

Aug 7, 2016
Old Melbourne
✟7,922.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Then explain how it should be different? The only difference I see is in the OS. The software and data on your phone can be compromised in the same manner as on a desktop or laptop computer from surfing the net or opening email.
Well, don't know.

We'll find out.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I believe that Iphones do get hacked. Anything with an internet connection can be hacked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.