Is this spreading the civilization of death?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Virgen de Guadalupe

Mater Mea, Spes Mea
Dec 5, 2021
Chicago
✟15,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Recently, I came across something like this. Do you not think that this is already blasphemy. Virtual graveyard, for virtual characters? How can we react to something like this?

Opera GX has launched their own special universe as they have created an online cemetery for gamers they are calling Gamer Graveyard. The concept of it all is kind of entertaining as this is a virtual resting place for your gaming pals who had to stop gaming because real life got in the way. It's a pretty interesting concept which you can do right now, all you have to do is go to the link above to create a virtual tombstone in the metaverse as you'll choose a theme, write a short eulogy, and pay respects by pressing the "F" button.

Opera GX Launches The First Metaverse Graveyard For Gamers

Attachments

• GamerGraveyard.JPG
    GamerGraveyard.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 1

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Recently, I came across something like this. Do you not think that this is already blasphemy. Virtual graveyard, for virtual characters? How can we react to something like this?

Opera GX has launched their own special universe as they have created an online cemetery for gamers they are calling Gamer Graveyard. The concept of it all is kind of entertaining as this is a virtual resting place for your gaming pals who had to stop gaming because real life got in the way. It's a pretty interesting concept which you can do right now, all you have to do is go to the link above to create a virtual tombstone in the metaverse as you'll choose a theme, write a short eulogy, and pay respects by pressing the "F" button.

It's just a whimsical way of saying that you miss your e-buddies.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Why on Earth would this be a problem for you? It doesn't involve God or religion or blasphemy.

Its simply a way for someone to remember an old gamer friend who's moved on to Real Life.

OB

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Something as silly as this, a way for gamer to remember their retired gamer buddies in a harmless and fun way shouldn't cause offense. This is one of the least offensive things I can think of.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0