• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Virginia teen was detained and prosecuted for saying 'OINK OINK' to cop

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Jun 7, 2019.

1. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sure some cops may not be up to the Job, but at least they tried? Which is more than I can say for myself? I tried to defend in war and failed.

2. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Ya know sometimes I wonder about that. But we need judges here on earth. Let them be great people of the earth. Elected officials?

3. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,354
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    All of this is true so it seems to me they would be doing their best to have friends in the communities they serve rather than making enemies.
    Maybe they should try to be the bigger man rather than the strongman.

4. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,115
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Absolutely they harm! Do you want people arrested for harmful words? We’d All be in jail!

5. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Absolutely not. But words can harm. So we need judges there too, don't you think?

6. Sparagmos

+6,115
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So every time you need to make a judgement call regarding another person’s character, or before you can discipline an employee or disagree with someone online...you call a judge? LOL.

7. Sparagmos

+6,115
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I honestly don’t follow.

8. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    LOL!

9. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    The scriptures say that words can burn down a forest.

10. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
    Wonder where they rank as "Most Dangerous People"?

11. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,569
    Catholic
    The US constitution gives you the right to say hurtful words to a police officer. Hurtful words are not a crime. That’s why many in the GOP were free to say racist and hurtful things about President Obama without any of them being arrested.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Interesting that you used the word hurtful. Is that how we reward our public servants? That doesn't sound christian really.

13. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,569
    Catholic
    I meant to say harmful based on the language used by others in previous posts, but I think hurtful is actually a better term than harmful; harmful could mean physical harm, which should not be protected under the law. However, saying something that hurts the feeling of agents or members of government is completely fine. It may speak less of your character, but low moral character is not a crime. I mean, look at the current president; he is lacking in many moral areas, but that is not criminal, else a lying adulterer would be in prison right now.

14. variant

variant Happy Cat

+5,709
    Agnostic
    Single
    It's not though. Defamation requires you be spreading false information that harms someones reputation. Sharing your opinion of someone will never be defamation.

15. variant

variant Happy Cat

+5,709
    Agnostic
    Single
    Is it Christian to abuse ones power because your feelings are hurt?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I see your point. Thanks for clarifying. Disrespect of elders and authority is irresponsible in my opinion.

17. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    No, of course not. So then neither is being christian in your opinion?

18. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,045
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Your argument poses a false dichotomy that is, frankly, lazy and asinine. In your world, there is either anarchy or police given carte blanche - there is no responsibility or accountability. There is no holding to a higher standard government officials entrusted with a vast amount of power and discretion. There is only complaining about how hard their job is and excusing their bad behavior. Your kind of attitude hurts both cops and civilians.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. variant

variant Happy Cat

+5,709
    Agnostic
    Single
    It doesn't seem so.

20. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Is there another video? Perhaps one longer than 9 secs and shows the entire incident beginning to end?