• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Virginia teen was detained and prosecuted for saying 'OINK OINK' to cop

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Orthodoxjay1

Orthodoxjay1 Well-Known Member

+753
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    If you don't break the laws or provoke the police, then what are you scared of? You have nothing to be scared of.

2. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,953
    Presbyterian
    Single
  3. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,115
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    But they don’t endanger their lives everyday. That’s propaganda. Landscapers have a higher death on the job rate. Don’t get me wrong - I think their job is very stressful. I think they should all have master degrees and get paid about twice as much. They should be selected for their ability to keep their cool under extreme pressure and deescalate. What we have now is a lot of bullies with badges that the so called “good” cops protect and cover for.

4. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,953
    Presbyterian
    Single
    It's important to have police, and many of them do a great job. That doesn't mean we shouldn't deal with the ones that don't.

5. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's a very interesting concept. But my father and nephew are both police officers. I assure you that any domestic call is endangering their lives. And otherwise. I think what we need is to go above the officers and seek out better judges. judges have power to change those problems.

6. Orthodoxjay1

+753
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    You really hate police it seems, to all the cop haters, let's just remove them for 1 month from society and see how it works, does man want to go back to the survival of the fittest jungle, where lawlessness rules?

7. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Speaking as a veteran activist, I don't trust the police either. I have my reasons because of what I've seen. The following articles have circulated among NDN activist/minority activist circles I frequent.

Driving while black, brown, or Indian

Driving While Indian: A Refresher Course

8. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I have many friends that are indian, and the tribal authority like the police, it usually means less dead indians from drunk drivers.

9. Orthodoxjay1

+753
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Exactly alcoholism is a huge problem for the Native American communities, cops are protecting them from drunk drivers, they also appreciate the border patrol stopping coyetes from using their reservations as trafficking and smuggling routes.

10. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    The drunk drivers aren't always indian. In fact there are many indians killed by white drunks.

11. Shiloh Raven

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
  13. Shiloh Raven

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That doesn't address the ongoing problem of racial profiling of black people, Mexicans, and NDNs.

14. Orthodoxjay1

+753
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Look if It a certain segment of the community that fit the profile that are selling drugs, committing robberies, or as they call it "licks" then profiling is needed, if certain groups fit a profile of a terrorist or a drug trafficker, profiling is OK, it saves lives. Just like if certain young white male on opiods, and play violent video games online or just are loners in trench coats who shoot up schools, profiling is OK.

15. Orthodoxjay1

+753
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Drunk driving knows no race, the laws need to be stiff on that, too many drunk driving incidents have destroyed lives.

16. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    We shouldn't profile minorities is correct. Thanks.

17. Shiloh Raven

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    At least we can agree on this point. That's a positive step forward.

18. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yes that is correct. If you go to my Indian tribe territory, you will find many sings warning of drinking and driving. Because many Indians have been killed that way.

19. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,569
    Catholic
    This statement right here is racism. Skin color is not a "profile." Drug dealers have a particular behavior, it has nothing to do with race.

20. devin553344

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sure, but saying Oinc, Oinc to cops is still a violation of authority. Isn't it?