Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Given that it mentions a "Well Regulated Militia", regulation is implied. Not be infringed could be interpreted that a class of people shall not be kept from arms. Requiring safety classes and registration of weapons I don't see as infringement of that right.
Well, it says should not be infringed beyond that there is no mention of "class".

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Given that it mentions a "Well Regulated Militia", regulation is implied. Not be infringed could be interpreted that a class of people shall not be kept from arms. Requiring safety classes and registration of weapons I don't see as infringement of that right.

Regulation can be done to an extent to where the item regulated is regulated out of existence. Australia has basically done that. And yet, it didn't stop mass shootings as they recently learned: Deadly Shooting Shocks Australia, Known For Tough Gun Control Laws

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you hear about the church shooting that happened recently in Texas? It was over in 6 seconds thanks to a citizen gun owner. It would have taken far longer to call the police, describe the situation and location, then wait for the police to arrive, then wait for the police to secure the perimeter, and then make entry when they believe it is safe to do so? How long do you think that would have taken, and how many additional lives would it have been worth to have sacrificed by relying on the police?
During which time many more people could have been killed. The guy involved was a felon meaning he was not legally allowed to have guns, yet he did, so this shows that people like that do not follow laws.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
so if you are saying we have too many guns that we do not need, yet we also have an awful lot of cars we do not need that do more harm than guns when in use properly.

Stop pivoting so much, we were talking about guns.

The amount of cars is a different issue, both need solving.

Anyway, it's your country and if you're happy with the way things are and how the current statistics for gun related deaths look then be my guest.

Luckily, I live in a country where I don't need a gun to feel safe when I leave the house. To be frank, If I had access to a gun I would be dead by now considering I'm currently in therapy for depression and suicidal thoughts.

• Prayers
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Anyway, it's your country and if you're happy with the way things are and how the current statistics for gun related deaths look then be my guest.

Luckily, I live in a country where I don't need a gun to feel safe when I leave the house. To be frank, If I had access to a gun I would be dead by now considering I'm currently in therapy for depression and suicidal thoughts.
That is actually another group of people who are not legally permitted to obtain a gun.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Plus actually very few people are killed by guns mass shooting wise, and sense two thirds of all gun deaths are suicides would it not make sense to treat the issue as opposed to regulating a tool.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
and it certainly does not stop other methods of violent crime.

Exactly. Which is why knife crime has been increasing in places where guns are heavily regulated.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Again, they want to know who has guns and if they are still in their possession. A good way to keep track of stolen guns.

If you want your gun you register it and keep track of it. It is just legalizing one part of good gun ownership, in my view.
How does that tract stolen guns people who steal them are not going to say I stole a gun.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Plus actually very few people are killed by guns mass shooting wise, and sense two thirds of all gun deaths are suicides would it not make sense to treat the issue as opposed to regulating a tool.

The tool is an important factor I can speak from experience.

I am alive because I fear the process of dying more than death, and most methods of suicide take some time before death occurs.

Shooting yourself is quick and easy and doesn't require much preparation.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly. Which is why knife crime has been increasing in places where guns are heavily regulated.
Heck you can even kill people purposefully with a car, a metal pipe and for some people their bare hands and/or feet.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The tool is an important factor I can speak from experience.

I am alive because I fear the process of dying more than death, and most methods of suicide take some time before death occurs.

Shooting yourself is quick and easy and doesn't require much preparation.
BUT it is not the only way regulating a tool is not going to stop people because there are some things that can be just as deadly that you can not regulate at least not in that same way.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would argue that it has cut down the number of mass shootings. I would be surprised if it was zero.

How many people there are now able to defend themselves in a mass shooting? I guarantee that the number for those is cut down as well, not to mention people who simply want to live safely in their homes without an armed home invader coming in.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The police can not be everywhere at a time. Also, if something happens because of that the police have to get there. Do you know how long it takes to commit a violent crime as compared to how long it can take police to get places sometimes?
Do you not think all the other free peoples in the world know this? And yet nowhere in any free nation, except the USA, do people want the right to have guns.

The rest of us have figured out how to live more safely than you. And without the guns.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
BUT it is not the only way regulating a tool is not going to stop people because there are some things that can be just as deadly that you can not regulate at least not in that same way.

It did stop me. I know that does not fit your agenda but there it is.

Anyway, I'm done here. You may have the last word.

Peace.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It did stop me. I know that does not fit your agenda but there it is.

Anyway, I'm done here. You may have the last word.

Peace.
I did not say that it will not stop some, but what it will do more commonly is simply have them come up with other methods I, too speak from experenice by the way. I have access to a gun, yet when I considered taking my taking my life ( been a number of years that was NOT my plan. Additionally interestingly a country with one of the highest suicide rates has very strict gun control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So if a 16 year old wants to walk into the woods in the back yard with a shotgun or a .22 and go squirrel hunting, in your opinion, he or she should not be unsupervised?
In general, yes. Should he end up injuring or killing someone while out squirrel hunting alone, questions will be asked of his parents, and they may be found at fault/negligent. The chances of that happening are pretty slim, so some parents may be willing to accept the risk, but just like 16 year olds are required to have an adult in the car when driving, it's my personal opinion that teenagers should not be using guns unsupervised.

However, that's a bit different than leaving a gun with a minor for the express purpose of self-defense and expecting them to use it judiciously.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In general, yes. Should he end up injuring or killing someone while out squirrel hunting alone, questions will be asked of his parents, and they may be found at fault/negligent. The chances of that happening are pretty slim, so some parents may be willing to accept the risk, but just like 16 year olds are required to have an adult in the car when driving, it's my personal opinion that teenagers should not be using guns unsupervised.

However, that's a bit different than leaving a gun with a minor for the express purpose of self-defense and expecting them to use it judiciously.
Actually, in many states 16 year olds may drive without an adult. Many states have the learner's permit at 15.

Upvote 0