United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How?

Lets address why people want to kill themselves. The tool they choose to do the deed is rather irrelevant.
bingo that is certainly a mental issue. People can kill themselves ( or others) for that matter with a wide number of tools.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're just wrong. This sort of law may not exist in many places, but it does exist in some places. You can read the law for yourself:

https://www.baltimorepolice.org/sites/default/files/General Website PDFs/Article19PoliceOrdinances-Subtitile40-DirtBikes.pdf

Cop drives by. Cop sees a dirt bike parked in plain view without registration and without being immobilized. Cop writes ticket.

No, it doesn't. It just puts fences around some of the ways in which you can exercise those rights. Free speech is still a right even though I have to get a permit to stage a rally.
To address the second part there is a little thing called probable cause. That only works if the cop sees it they cannot drive up in people's yards and FIND it. If they do so the ticket will be thrown out.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
For the same reason that automobile registration makes it harder to traffic in undocumented cars.

Lets address why people want to kill themselves. The tool they choose to do the deed is rather irrelevant.
Exactly.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Registration turns an inalienable right into a "privilege."
Everything is a privilege. There is next to nothing called a "right" in scripture.
The only exception I can think of is sex being called a wife's right.

Exodus 21:10
If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights.

• Useful
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For the same reason that automobile registration makes it harder to traffic in undocumented cars.

Exactly.
Which guns are merely the tool many people use to commit suicide that does not address the reason behind it.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it doesn't. It just puts fences around some of the ways in which you can exercise those rights. Free speech is still a right even though I have to get a permit to stage a rally.

Do rally permits cost money?

Does failure to register a rally permit result in a felony?

This one bill, if you will look back at the OP, is one of many and with combination of red flag laws, magazine bans, and further limiting on where you can and cannot carry a firearm is not only infringement, but destroys the right to due process and the ability to adequately defend yourself, your family, and innocent people from criminals. If these bills pass, the only people with adequate protections will be cops and criminals. Normal citizens will be stripped of their rights and those who would otherwise be simply heading to work, home, and in the service to their families and communities will instead be headed to prison. These laws are utterly unconstitutional.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everything is a privilege. There is next to nothing called a "right" in scripture.
The only exception I can think of is sex being called a wife's right.

Exodus 21:10
If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights.
Except that this country is not based on scripture, and you would not want it to be.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Who said it was the main thing?
common sense. It seems to come up every time there is a mass shooting yet that stops very few because most gun deaths are actually committed with handguns. ( which usually have limited clips.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Do rally permits cost money?

Does failure to register a rally permit result in a felony?

This one bill, if you will look back at the OP, is one of many and with combination of red flag laws, magazine bans, and further limiting on where you can and cannot carry a firearm is not only infringement, but destroys the right to due process and the ability to adequately defend yourself, your family, and innocent people from criminals. If these bills pass, the only people with adequate protections will be cops and criminals. Normal citizens will be stripped of their rights and those who would otherwise be simply heading to work, home, and in the service to their families and communities will instead be headed to prison. These laws are utterly unconstitutional.
A registration requirement would allow you to own any gun you wanted for any legal purpose. Personally, I think banning guns by class(like "assault weapons") is stupid, but there would be no need for it if there was a well thought out registration requirement.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A registration requirement would allow you to own any gun you wanted for any legal purpose. Personally, I think banning guns by class(like "assault weapons") is stupid, but there would be no need for it if there was a well thought out registration requirement.
Only if people actually followed the requirement which people that meant harm to others would not.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Only if people actually followed the requirement which people that meant harm to others would not.
And they would pay the price for it as well. Possession of an unregistered firearm would certainly send them to jail--whatever else they were up to--along with the last legitimately registered owner who gave it to them.

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I would be fine with the following "deal:" Registration of a citizen to own a firearm by obtaining a firearm license, which will require the demonstration of firearm proficiency and agreement to safe storage on their own, private property if the following conditions were met: Fully repeal the NFA and GCA, institute constitutional carry in all 50 states, and reaffirm that the right to own, operate, carry, and possess any and all firearms, without restriction and that all governing bodies shall protect this right for all citizens.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And they would pay the price for it as well. Possession of an unregistered firearm would certainly send them to jail--whatever else they were up to--along with the last legitimately registered owner who gave it to them.
Why would the last owner face charges? They would have no control over whether the next purcher registered it. Also, how would they enforce that unless they caught them with a gun?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm a gun enthusiast, and own several.....and my opinion is...........so what?

What do you lose by registering your assault firearm? You're not losing your constitutional right to posses one.
Possible scenario?

There's a mass shooting and the shooter escapes with the gun. The state then goes to every registered gun owner and interrogates them and confiscates their guns until law enforcement verifies a strong alibi as to where they were when the shooting took place and checks the ballistics on their gun.

But the shooter got his gun out of state or bought it from a private owner where no background needed to be done. Only the people who are obeying the law are then scrutinized, accused, and lose access to their gun.

Could that happen? If so, how invasive is that?

• Agree
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would be fine with the following "deal:" Registration of a citizen to own a firearm by obtaining a firearm license, which will require the demonstration of firearm proficiency and agreement to safe storage on their own, private property if the following conditions were met: Fully repeal the NFA and GCA, institute constitutional carry in all 50 states, and reaffirm that the right to own, operate, carry, and possess any and all firearms, without restriction and that all governing bodies shall protect this right for all citizens.
I do not mind a requirement of gun safety course, but not locking up guns.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Possible scenario?

There's a mass shooting and the shooter escapes with the gun. The state then goes to every registered gun owner and interrogates them and confiscates their guns until law enforcement verifies a strong alibi as to where they were when the shooting took place and checks the ballistics on their gun.

But the shooter got his gun out of state or bought it from a private owner where no background needed to be done. Only the people who are obeying the law are then scrutinized, accused, and lose access to their gun.

Could that happen? If so, how invasive is that?
and if they take them into custody they must be read their rights which means they would not have to answer questions. Otherwise they could simply leave and still not answer any questions.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not mind a requirement of gun safety course, but not locking up guns.

As most guns used in crimes by felons are stolen from people's homes, and as most accidental discharges resulting in the injury or death of a child are both from firearms that are unsecured, I think it's reasonable to at least to have you agree to safely store your firearm. I really didn't have much of an opinion on this until I had children. That said, if my 15 year old is home alone and someone tries to break in, I think they need a way of protecting themselves too.

Upvote 0