Sep 22, 2003
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
✟8,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here is the link for the Virgin Mary appearing on a garage door in Pennsylvania, its a real small article and it has a pic. I found it when i was surfin the net today thought i would share it with ya'll. What do you think??:scratch:

http://dothanfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=7244

:pink: :holy:

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is probably a reasonable scientific explanation, such as a splash of soap when mixed with the door paint, it gives luminescent properties. Just a theory.

If you look at enough grill-cheese sandwiches, or water stains on cement, or frost on glass, or pita breads, you can probably find Elvis too. Such manifestations of "Mary" are inconsistent with her appearances as recorded in every century of the Church.

However, if a persons faith is strengthened by seeing Mary in the clouds, or in the spagetti, I say good for them.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I saw it, I can make out a "blurry" image of Mary holding the child Jesus in her right arm. The darker spot on top would be her face, tilted slightly downwards looking at the Christ child. Would I have seen this if I did not have Mary in my mind when I clicked the link? Well I guess I'll never know. :)

But here is the most interesting thing, in my opinion....
The image appears on a garage door. The image shows up every night around 6:00 and has done so since August 15, the feast of the Assumption ....
Hmmm.........

Upvote 0

Caritas3

God is Love
Aug 23, 2007
✟44,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is in Minersville, PA about 30 miles from me.
Here is the local info.
http://www.wnep.com/global/story.asp?s=7000840
http://local.wnep.com/wn/photos.php?id=55473

55473bg.jpg

Upvote 0

GrannieAnnie

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2007
Western Australia
✟18,813.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I find it very curious that whenever "visions" are seen, everyone automatically presumes that they are from God... Is the devil himself not the greatest deciever of all....could not some of these "visions" be from him and not God ??? Of course they could also be specks of paint or a rub or greese mark or whatever, I'm not saying I believe any of them, but I'm just wondering why they are always presumed to he holy............

Upvote 0

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I find it very curious that whenever "visions" are seen, everyone automatically presumes that they are from God... Is the devil himself not the greatest deciever of all....could not some of these "visions" be from him and not God ??? Of course they could also be specks of paint or a rub or greese mark or whatever, I'm not saying I believe any of them, but I'm just wondering why they are always presumed to he holy............
Why would the Devil do something that brings people closer to God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrannieAnnie

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2007
Western Australia
✟18,813.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Isn't there something in the Bible that says the devil will decieve people and many will say....look there is the Lord...or follow that person, he is Christ....but we are advised not to believe these things, because they are not of God, but deceptions of the devil.

Upvote 0

ps139

Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Isn't there something in the Bible that says the devil will decieve people and many will say....look there is the Lord...or follow that person, he is Christ....but we are advised not to believe these things, because they are not of God, but deceptions of the devil.
Yes, that is in the Bible. Of course, the Bible does not say that every possible supernatural event is of the devil.

If this brings people closer to God, then it is good. If it were of the devil, it would not bring people closer to God.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

That sounds right, but don't all tragedies sort of have that effect? To be consistent, wouldn't we have to conclude that all tragedies then, are not from the devil?

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

True, we should be careful not to be misled. There are many deceptions around us, and we should bear in mind that things such as this supposed apparition are not part of the Christian faith. We can't say for sure if things like this are real or not, so we should always approach them with caution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrannieAnnie

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2007
Western Australia
✟18,813.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
True, we should be careful not to be misled. There are many deceptions around us, and we should bear in mind that things such as this supposed apparition are not part of the Christian faith. We can't say for sure if things like this are real or not, so we should always approach them with caution.
Yes, this is all I'm meaning....be very, very careful.....

Some people believe all of these things, others don't....

Upvote 0

ps139

Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you cannot say for sure if this is real or not, how can you conclude that it is not part of the Christian faith?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.