Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering OP has a message “it is ok to be white” maybe he didn’t want to write black but it is still implied subtly with those quotation marks.

That would be consistent with the first comment on that article.

Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man? Where is the man?

If we get nitpickish about it....

A man is a male human. The term man is usually reserved for an adult male, with the term boy being the usual term for a male child or adolescent. However, the term man is also sometimes used to identify a male human, regardless of age

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
If we get nitpickish about it....

A man is a male human. The term man is usually reserved for an adult male, with the term boy being the usual term for a male child or adolescent. However, the term man is also sometimes used to identify a male human, regardless of age
That's not my full definition of a "man", which includes "one possessing in high degree the qualities considered distinctive of manhood (such as courage, strength, and vigor)"

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is the word "teens" in quotation marks?

Why are you defending a guy swinging two dogs in the air and then tossing them across a parking lot?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is he defending the guy in any way ?

His question reveals the answer. He isn't reacting to the act of animals being mistreated, he is reacting to the fact someone posted about it. Which means he isn't angry over the fact animals were mistreated, he is angry over the fact someone posted about it.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
His question reveals the answer. He isn't reacting to the act of animals being mistreated, he is reacting to the fact someone posted about it. Which means he isn't angry over the fact animals were mistreated, he is angry over the fact someone posted about it.
Funny, I wondered the same thing...

Do you think I'm okay with mistreating animals too?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why are you defending a guy swinging two dogs in the air and then tossing them across a parking lot?

Why? Because I felt like baiting you into accusing me of things I didn't do. Congratulations.

His question reveals the answer. He isn't reacting to the act of animals being mistreated,

How do you know what I react to? This might surprise you, but I don't post everything that crosses my mind. I frequently choose to abstain from discussions or particular arguments, and for myriad reasons. My not registering a reaction on this one message board should not imply to anyone that I failed to have a reaction at all; and any inference that you or anyone else would make in that regard would likely be in error.

But if you want to know - yes, I reacted to it. But the perpetrator was caught on video, police are searching for him, and according to the reports, the dogs are ok. I don't know anybody involved with the crime; there's nothing I can do about it; and IMO, there's nothing really to talk about. Somebody did something bad and the wheels of justice appear to be turning. If that changes, well, we can reevaluate things then.

he is reacting to the fact someone posted about it.

I reacted to a specific use of grammar which may or may not have been intended to imply something. I didn't accuse the OP of anything; I merely asked a question.

The difference between the heading here and the attack in the video is that while I have no interaction with the people involved in the attack or influence over the investigation, I do interact with the OP and I do have some (if only a little) influence over the way things operate around here. My speaking up here about the attacker is just me bloviating into the ether; nothing changes. My speaking up here about misbehavior from another poster does have some potential effect (albeit a small one).

Which means he isn't angry over the fact animals were mistreated, he is angry over the fact someone posted about it.

You have no idea what I am and am not angry about, and I would advise you to address the content of my posts rather that the fictions you infer from them.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian