✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

I would agree that our country seems to be tearing apart. However, in comparison, the violence at this gathering seems pretty tame to what went on in Charlotte a couple of years ago. So, maybe things are actually getting better as far as the violence.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Some bad actors there.
Our Country seems to be tearing apart?
M-Bob
No violence on that video. Odd that fox had no footage of the allegations it made. Also, burning things and calling cops “pigs” isn’t violence.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No violence on that video. Odd that fox had no footage of the allegations it made. Also, burning things and calling cops “pigs” isn’t violence.

But definitely not very polite

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But definitely not very polite

Hi MM,

So the article title should be that protesters aren't polite? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm trying to recall when I've ever considered an outdoor street protest being filled with particularly 'polite' people.

Is that really the best that Fox news can do in its efforts to try and appease their leader who has taken umbrage whenever they do report the truth? Show us a group of protesters that are against Trump who aren't particularly polite? Again, I would direct your attention back to the protesters 2 years ago in Charlotte.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: elanor
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

To be honest, I can't understand the point in trying to show a group of anti-Trump protesters who seem to be better controlled than what we see of most pro-Trump protesters. I'd copy and paste for you several pro-Trump protesters showing off their 'politeness', but I'm guessing it would be a waste of my time.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi MM,

So the article title should be that protesters aren't polite? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm trying to recall when I've ever considered an outdoor street protest being filled with particularly 'polite' people.

Is that really the best that Fox news can do in its efforts to try and appease their leader who has taken umbrage whenever they do report the truth? Show us a group of protesters that are against Trump who aren't particularly polite? Again, I would direct your attention back to the protesters 2 years ago in Charlotte.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Sure glad they're not my neighbors.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Also, burning things and calling cops “pigs” isn’t violence.
So we are ignoring the part of the description of protest activities which entailed throwing objects at police?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Wiolent indeed, wery, wery wiolent!!!! Vhoa.

I'm glad that the Democratic nominees haven't offered to pay for legal defenses for wiolence like how Trump did. Glad that none who got hurt in the brawl were children. A Trump devotee savagely beat up a child all bc he hadn't taken his hat off during the national anthem & said he thought Trump would approve. Which I mean he probably does.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Varney on Trump rally protests: 'This is the United States, we don't surrender to intimidation'

Fox Business host Stuart Varney warned everyday citizens not to succumb to intimidation on his Fox Nation show "My Take," after a raucous crowd of protesters gathered outside President Trump's Minneapolis rally on Thursday night.

"Intimidation is the name of the Left's game," said Varney. " ... It's what you're going to see right straight through to the election."

There are actually people who listen to Varney and take that seriously. That's what's the bigger lulz.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we are ignoring the part of the description of protest activities which entailed throwing objects at police?

It seems the left supports those things?
Or turns a blind eye?

Blinded by the light.
Which light?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi sasha,

No, I'm choosing not to let a few bottles or empty cans being thrown in a protest, be defined particularly as 'violence'. It's a fairly common occurrence in such demonstrations. That's why the police wear full body protective clothing and helmets. It's expected. So, when a new article comes out and says that a demonstration turned violent, and all they've got to show for it is a few projectiles being thrown at the police, to me, that's borderline violence. In such a circumstance.

My real issue is that I rather imagine that there's more to the purpose of this thread than just repeating a Fox news blurb. Like I say, I don't think you could find any street demonstration where police are lined up in a phalanx with riot gear on and not see a bottle or can thrown. It's just the nature of such demonstrations. If we go back and look at the Charlotte demonstration somebody even threw a car into the crowd. Now that's violence! You look at any videos of race riots and tree hugger demonstrations and there's always a few projectiles thrown.

Sadly, in the General Politics boards, when you see copy and paste articles posted like this, the intention is to make a point about what's being written. Just as the OP states, 'some bad actors here'. Why? Because a lot of people are sick and tired of the circus today that's called an administration? Why are they 'bad actors'? Why are they referred to as 'actors'? Actors, by definition are people who are hired to play a part. Is that the insinuation? Why can't it just be that a lot of people are upset with this lying, cheating, worthless administration and are demonstrating to make their voices heard that they're not happy with it.

Such things happened in Europe over Brexit. Hong Kong has had a number of demonstrations recently. In the last 10 years there have been more than 50 demonstrations around the globe where people who weren't happy with the status quo wanted to make their voices heard when they believed that their voices weren't being heard through normal channels. Sometimes they get pretty violent and people get hurt. One was actually killed in Charlottesville.

(Sorry that I earlier referred to the riot as being in Charlotte and not Charlottesville)

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Varney on Trump rally protests: 'This is the United States, we don't surrender to intimidation'

Fox Business host Stuart Varney warned everyday citizens not to succumb to intimidation on his Fox Nation show "My Take," after a raucous crowd of protesters gathered outside President Trump's Minneapolis rally on Thursday night.

"Intimidation is the name of the Left's game," said Varney. " ... It's what you're going to see right straight through to the election."

Hi MM,

Is that the same report he filed after Charlottesville?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi cimorene,

Hey, your over here in Trumpland. We only knock things that Democrats do over here. Trump supporters get to shoot people in the middle of 5th Ave. and it's ok. But don't let a Democrat sneeze in the wrong direction or there will be heck to pay.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Who you got for 2020?
We see none out there at this time?
M-Bob

Upvote 0