✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nice, the left wing is now a hate group and the right is crying "hate crime"

Apparently the conservatives stole the liberals play book :)

No. There is not moral equivalency.

For one thing conservatives are not buying the story. Not yet.

First Things reports:

" . . .there is a chance—only a chance, and not by any means a certainty—that the emails were generated by one of the recipients and the assault was self-inflicted . . ."

How often do you see that on the left? Never that I can recall. Instead we have seen, for instance, 88 professors at Duke thank protesters for not waiting until a trial to pass judgement. Every time I've mentioned that a "hate crime" the left has jumped on may be a hoax, the reaction was intense...no...no...that can't be.....

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
No. There is not moral equivalency.

For one thing conservatives are not buying the story. Not yet.

First Things reports:

" . . .there is a chance—only a chance, and not by any means a certainty—that the emails were generated by one of the recipients and the assault was self-inflicted . . ."

How often do you see that on the left? Never that I can recall. Instead we have seen, for instance, 88 professors at Duke thank protesters for not waiting until a trial to pass judgement. Everytime I've mentioned that an "hate crime" the left has jumped on may be a hoax, the reaction is intense...no...no...that can't be.....
I see. This is really a thread designed to push a dagger deeper into the heart of those who cried out in the Duke case by showcasing how a conservative attack does not warrant the same outcry. So? Those people at Duke were wrong, and perhaps the lessens from the Duke incident is still fresh enough that people are not rushing to judgment.

Nava already has a strike against him for admitting to fabricating a hate crime against an old roommate.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071217/ap_on_re_us/fabricated_attack;_ylt=AnnDASws.K8cjJFCX5iE6ohvzwcF

By GEOFF MULVIHILL,

Associated Press Writer Mon Dec 17, 6:31 PM ET

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. - A Princeton University student who argued that his conservative views were not accepted on the campus confessed to fabricating an assault and sending threatening e-mail messages to himself and some friends who shared his views, authorities said Monday.

Princeton Township police said that Francisco Nava was not immediately charged with any crime, but that the investigation was continuing.
Nava claimed to have been assaulted Friday by two men off campus, police said. But he later confessed that scrapes and scratches on his face were self-inflicted, and that the threats were his work, too, said Detective Sgt. Ernie Silagyi.
Faked

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums