Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know where to find the passages that say to kill unbelievers (of Islam)? One I remember is about making deals with polytheists then killing them once they have fulfilled their end and ask for yours. Also is there really a part that tells them to lie to non-Muslims about Islam being hostile?

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May be those verses existed in the time of war thousand years ago when the muslims were in wars with RCC, it should not be applicable now, as it was just history.

But some people can use religion for their purpose, money, power, fame, the same happen with Rabbis who killed Jesus.

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is the reason for taking a body of work coming from an era when literature was incredibly rich in idioms and interpreting it literally ?

Is there some reasoning for interpreting " kill " as a literal instruction ?

I'm not following how people can use idioms in their speech, daily, but not accept them in ancient literature

" Kill that noise "
" You killed it today "
" Hey there, killer "
" I slay my opponents in debate "

etc

• Agree
Reactions: Muslim-UK
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule and these verses of violence are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text~~~> The Quran's Verses of Violence

Upvote 0

Nak Uun

May 9, 2017
Bandung
✟8,211.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know where to find the passages that say to kill unbelievers (of Islam)? One I remember is about making deals with polytheists then killing them once they have fulfilled their end and ask for yours. Also is there really a part that tells them to lie to non-Muslims about Islam being hostile?

What do you think about this :

Which Mazhab That You Want To Learn ? - Sunniforum - Islamic forum based on Sunni Beliefs & Fiqh

Isn't that the hardest ?

and this one :

Which One Do You Think Is Mazhab Salafiyyah ? - Sunniforum - Islamic forum based on Sunni Beliefs & Fiqh

Thank Thee Very Much .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.