Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I know alot of people recommend Vigar and Water for cleaning. However we were told to clean our tiles with vingar and water-However our brooms have plastic handles, and had caused one of the brooms to decompose! Additional our external house pipes and inside the drains are plastic.

We since stopped using it, and using pineoclean and water.

serenedi

Jan 24, 2012
Texas
✟11,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. I would think that if you dilute it enough and then spray/wipe quick enough, it wouldn't get to that point. I don't know though.
I use about 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water plus a drop of natural dish soap. Spray and wipe works so far. I'll keep in mind about plastic though. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
vinegar doesn't de-compose plastic - it comes in plastic !

and it is 10,000,000,000 times better than bleach or chlorozx at kiling bacteria and mildew and fungus etc etc etc

it is very good cleaner. (but corporations lose a lot of money when people find out, including the pharmacy(a lot fewer people get sick when vinegar or colloidal cleaners are used) -- so the politically correct stance is to not use vinegar (even though many hospitals , ers, and ors, now use steamed vinegar to disinfect their hospital areas! )

Upvote 0

Maka

Dec 4, 2012
✟21,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
vinegar doesn't de-compose plastic - it comes in plastic !

and it is 10,000,000,000 times better than bleach or chlorozx at kiling bacteria and mildew and fungus etc etc etc

it is very good cleaner. (but corporations lose a lot of money when people find out, including the pharmacy(a lot fewer people get sick when vinegar or colloidal cleaners are used) -- so the politically correct stance is to not use vinegar (even though many hospitals , ers, and ors, now use steamed vinegar to disinfect their hospital areas! )

^ like! I agree!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use vinegar in a cleaning solution that I make with ammonia, dishwashing liquid and water. It is non-streak for windows!! Awesome stuff.

Be extremely careful not to mix ammonia with anything that contains bleach (or vice versa). Ammonia mixed with bleach forms an actual poison gas that can most definitely kill you. There have been people found dead in toilet bowls--seriously--because of that.

Upvote 0

2B4gotN

Dec 14, 2014
Hovering around here and there.
✟15,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Be extremely careful not to mix ammonia with anything that contains bleach (or vice versa). Ammonia mixed with bleach forms an actual poison gas that can most definitely kill you. There have been people found dead in toilet bowls--seriously--because of that.

YES!! Good reminder!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know alot of people recommend Vigar and Water for cleaning. However we were told to clean our tiles with vingar and water-However our brooms have plastic handles, and had caused one of the brooms to decompose! Additional our external house pipes and inside the drains are plastic.

We since stopped using it, and using pineoclean and water.

Add it to olive oil instead and then it's great on a salad!

Upvote 0

strwy

JESUS is my rock & the ONLY way
Apr 10, 2015
✟8,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Vinegar is a fantastic NATURAL cleaner ( NO chemicals) .It smells when wet but as soon as it dries the smell disappears. I use scrunched up newspaper to wipe the vinegar off my windows and mirrors .

I use it with baking soda for the sinks , shower stall and toilet.Superb indeed .

I also , use it as a mouth wash which works well for me . It bothers others though I think it may be allergies?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
3 tsps of borax dissolved in 3 cups hot water and 3 Tbs vinegar in a spray bottle makes for a great all purpose cleaner. Far better than 409, believe me.

Thanks!! I'll try this.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Vinegar doesn't erode plastic--at least not the plastic of 40 years ago---I was a respiratory therapist back then--that was in the days of non disposable tubing and we had to sanitize everything with vinegar--soaked everything at end of shift for 30 min. Didn't harm them at all. It was a pain, we hated it. I remember the first time they brought in disposable tubing--we danced for joy! C-Pap equipment today, at home, is cleaned in vinegar.

Upvote 0