Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
With the Vigil of All Saints (Halloween) coming up, it is time to say: Parents ignoring the dangers of the Halloween imagery and activities and the possible demonic attachments that could, in some cases, happen, are not doing their job to protect their kids.

I will quote St. Paul, but I do so with the stipulation that his quote is not about being Christian. His advice is born out in psychology and mental health.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

The haunted house thing, which is imagery of the occult, does not qualify as those things we should be thinking about spiritually or psychologically. The culture of death is not healthy.

This Halloween, instead of dressing up as monsters, demons, ax murderers, ghosts, and other such images of death and occult, think creative. Dress up as something positive like princes and princesses, or anything with a positive or neutral image. Same goes for Halloween decorations.

See the essay, Should Christians Participate in Halloween? This essay also applies to non-Christians.

Last edited:

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you. I have no fixed Halloween plans yet apart from invite some friends round for some nice hot pumpkin soup, bob for sponges (my version of apple bobbing for the little guests), eat Halloween party sweets and participate in small talk too. We are not decorating at all. Instead we will help the children do sand art and tell each other scary and creepy stories with the lights off. I also have a mini Halloween quiz sheet. We may also do some spooky dances too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I must say I love Halloween and all the things that go with it like Ghosts and Haunted Houses. I hand out candy and watch Abbott and Costello monster movies with y wife. I put a mirror mask on or go as a vampire at work

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I must say I love Halloween and all the things that go with it like Ghosts and Haunted Houses. I hand out candy and watch Abbott and Costello monster movies with y wife. I put a mirror mask on or go as a vampire at work

Me too!

Last year we made tasty hot pumpkin soup. We also put out some sweets and watched a scary movie. The kids “helped” me cook. We are going to do a escape room or haunted house next year when the kids are older. This year we are having a party.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0