• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Video: Things got really weird at San Bernardino’s synod opening Mass last week. And was that...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+44,709
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    ...the Aztec demon Texcatilpoca beating on the drum?

The Diocese of San Bernardino says its opening Mass for the Synod on Synodality Oct. 17 sought to celebrate the California diocese’s rich cultural diversity and welcome those on the “periphery” of the Church.

But the liturgy’s unusual pageantry, featuring liturgical dancers, a Native American prayer to the “four directions,” and the appearance at the end of Mass of a colorfully costumed figure that resembled traditional representations of an Aztec demon, has raised eyebrows and sparked criticism on social media.

“Paganism in full bloom,” read one comment on YouTube. “This is an absolute disgrace to God and His Holy Church,” stated another.

The Synod on Synodality is a global consultative process that Pope Francis initiated earlier this month to gather input from Catholics and others around the world about important issues confronting the Church. Many U.S. dioceses held Masses last weekend to inaugurate a yearlong period of listening sessions and other means of soliciting feedback.

Continued below.
    Indigenous prayers, dancing in San Bernardino Synod Mass spark backlash

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,378
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    So many from Middle and South America were converted to Catholicism but they kept some of the old traditions.

3. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,117
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    From what I have observed, living in South America, the Catholic 'Saints', complete with images, are by many simply added to the list of idols already worshiped. The mindset of many, and maybe most, in these places is hardly Christianity, but superstition and even a form of Pantheism or Polytheism, with the notion that there is a spirit (or god) behind (or in) rocks and trees. To them Jesus is just another saint/god to be prayed to, though special, always depicted or sculpted on the cross.

4. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,378
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    I wouldn't say that for the Catholic ones who have been baptized and confirmed. But some local traditions do hang around.

5. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,691
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Yikes!

6. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,493
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Yes - in India also the God of the Christians as added to a pantheon of existing Hindu gods.

In Japan during the 250 years when Christianity was driven underground, the locals reverted to amalgamating Christianity with Buddhism and had statues that amalgamated the face of Mary with the body of Buddha.

7. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,906
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I think I am on the periphery now. As in maybe a remnant.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,531
    Christian
    My fears are being realized in that Synodality is nothing but a smoke screen to completely liberalize the church. The attack both from outside and within.

9. Andrei D

Andrei D Well-Known Member

+707
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Praying for you all with all my heart and with no dissimulation.

I can't really express any opinion, otherwise.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,691
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I will still stand by the Catholic church.

Why?

Because Jesus said that the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

Trust in Jesus

Viva Cristo Rey

11. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,906
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    God wins. But it isn't looking good at the moment.

12. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+11,200
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Praise God.
    Yes, the storms will come.
    And before the end, satan will be given freedom to do what he wants.
    But God is still all powerful, and He will triumph in the end.
    There will be a Remnant of His people preserved unharmed, and others He will rescue from satan's grasp.
    But this is happening so that the result of people making bad choices can be clearly seen by all.

13. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+44,709
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  14. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,531
    Christian

No one is on the periphery.

We need to preach the gospel in spirit and truth.

The whole periphery is an excuse . It’s also patronizing .

15. Thatgirloncfforums

Thatgirloncfforums Well-Known Member

+571
    United States
    Generic Orthodox Christian
    Private
    I was going to say, if people are on the periphery it's bc they choose to be. The doctrines of the RC church are fairly clear cut.

16. Thatgirloncfforums

Thatgirloncfforums Well-Known Member

+571
    United States
    Generic Orthodox Christian
    Private
    PSX_20211025_195618.jpg