Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The video popped up in my video feed and started watching it. I found it very interesting comparing attitudes to typical ones you might hear in the US, Europe, and the West. In the West, very serious minded folks would probably quote or allude to saint Paul "don't be yoked together with unbelievers", while many moderates or liberals would say either it's OK, or at least doable if you "got the right person".

Many of the Christians interviewed however seem to act like they got some kind of insider knowledge of what being married to a Muslim might be like, or are very concerned for the fate of the children etc.

Last edited:

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
According to Islamic Sharia law, a Christian man cannot marry a Muslim.

And according to Christian teaching, a Christian woman cannot marry a Muslim bec it does not make sense to marry someone whose head is not Christ.

1Co 11:3 But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of the woman,

Eph 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her with the washing of water by the word.

Then, of course, one would have to consider the fate of their children and the responsibility of parents for a Christian upbringing of their kids.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our character can have much to do with who we can get married to.

My character can be what really attracts me, deeply.

So, if I am able to get with someone who denies Jesus being the Lord of all and the One who suffered and died for us . . . my character can be what has me able to get married to someone who denies Jesus.

And ones who deny Jesus can talk smart and be very nice about giving you what you want. They know how to bargain for what they want.

Possibly, I have seen how a woman smart-talked herself into dating and marrying a person who could be very charming and helpful; and she had her selection of friends who checked the person out and guaranteed he was right for her. But the person could not handle needed criticism and could backlash in mean and even dangerous ways, against needed confrontation. And then both were agonizingly complaining about each other. But they had something in common . . . loving pleasures and socializing.

So, their character, I see, attracted them. And indeed they could be perfect for one another, so each could see how his or her selfish dictating got them nowhere. And each, then, had an opportunity . . . a perfect arrangement . . . so they could learn how to love an impossible person in God's generously forgiving and unconditional love >

"And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved." (2 Corinthians 12:15 > note this is not always translated like this, for this verse.)

I have fooled my own self and did not know it. But it has helped to not first blame the other person. And know that with God I can tell the difference . . . not only about who is right for marriage, but able to tell the difference about my own self so I am not fooling someone else and not fooling myself.

This is a miracle of our Shepherd, if we become His way and marry someone who is His way. Or, at least, if I am already with a wrong person, Jesus can change me to be His way, so my example can help anyone, not only my spouse, to find out how to be and how to relate in God's way of love.

There is scripture which can help us invest in how to relate in love, so this helps us in marriage, and first helps us to get with someone we belong with. Among other scriptures >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" (in Philippians 2:13-16).

Upvote 0