North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
They are the ones that we need to send back where they came from.
I put it to you that those who cross the border respect it very highly or they woudn't go to so much risk and effort to cross it.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Evidently what you think "sovereignty" is is something we could do without. Certainly nothing that a patriotic American should be interested in.

Patriot: one who loves and supports his or her country
"… praised him as a … motivated patriot who was fearless in the quest to preserve American security".— W. R. Hearst, Jr.
Definition of PATRIOT

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I put it to you that those who cross the border respect it very highly or they woudn't go to so much risk and effort to cross it.

aka, "I respect your door, and that's why I'm breaking it down."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Where in Mathew 25 or the Sermon on the Mount or in any of His parables...did Jesus teach that we as Christians should discriminate by nationality or whether someone respected our border? Jesus rejected the religious authorities' numerous attempts to question him based on the law. As Christians, we have no obligation whatsoever to obey a law that is in conflict with the teaching of Christ.

I already showed you the law in the Torah.

Yahshua taught obedience to the Torah.

(CLV) Mt 5:17
"You should not infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring.

(CLV) Mt 5:19
"Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

(CLV) Mt 5:20
For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

If they respected it; they would cross it through the proper channels. Saying that they respect it, when they cross it illegally, is like saying that a home invader respects your home, when he breaks your door down.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't "run to Egypt" for help, period... do us all a favor, and read up on this, before asking your inevitable questions.
Joseph was wrong to flee to Egypt with his wife and newborn?
Didn’t apply for a visa?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What risk? Get free housing, free spending money, free food, free medical care and a free iPhone
No respect at all; just worth the effort.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
What risk? Get free housing, free spending money, free food, free medical care and a free iPhone
No respect at all; just worth the effort.
I meant the risk of getting to the border. But if being an illegal alien is really all that marvelous, it's a wonder that US citizens aen't leaving the country so they can get caught trying to sneak back in.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
If they respected it; they would cross it through the proper channels. Saying that they respect it, when they cross it illegally, is like saying that a home invader respects your home, when he breaks your door down.
The home invaders we are talking about are breaking into your home because they are desparate to throw themselves on your mercy because they are desparate and have no other way of getting to you, the "proper channels" being almost nonexistent. That's why they generally turn themselves in to the first LEO they come across.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I meant the risk of getting to the border.
I knew what you meant. How risky is it when they have no life where they're at? But, the risk of an ill fate is probably more likely there than the trip to the promised land, where they'll be in tall cotton the rest of their life, and their descendant's lives as well. They're taking the least risk.

But if being an illegal alien is really all that marvelous, it's a wonder that US citizens aen't leaving the country so they can get caught trying to sneak back in.
That wouldn't surprise me, supposedly many illegals cross back and forth with frequency of a cheap ham radio.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The home invaders we are talking about are breaking into your home because they are desparate to throw themselves on your mercy because they are desparate and have no other way of getting to you, the "proper channels" being almost nonexistent. That's why they generally turn themselves in to the first LEO they come across.
Estimates are already a million this year. What part of 'we can't afford to keep this up' do you not understand?

• Agree
Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I knew what you meant. How risky is it when they have no life where they're at? But, the risk of an ill fate is probably more likely there than the trip to the promised land, where they'll be in tall cotton the rest of their life, and their descendant's lives as well. They're taking the least risk.

That wouldn't surprise me, supposedly many illegals cross back and forth with frequency of a cheap ham radio.
Of course they do. Economic migrants. They come here to work, and take the risk of being deported if caught. Conservatives don't care very much because they want a cheap workforce. It's the asylum seekers who seem to bug conservatives.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Of course they do. Economic migrants. They come here to work, and take the risk of being deported if caught.
Think about what you're saying... they might as well take the risk of robbing a bank and going to jail if caught. They are either breaking our law or just using it to their advantage under false pretenses; it was not designed to give a new life to every poor person in the world. This argument is ridiculous.

Conservatives don't care very much because they want a cheap workforce. It's the asylum seekers who seem to bug conservatives.
What would be the difference if cheap labor was the concern? I really don't know what to say to you any more.

• Agree
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Of course they do. Economic migrants. They come here to work, and take the risk of being deported if caught. Conservatives don't care very much because they want a cheap workforce. It's the asylum seekers who seem to bug conservatives.
One more thing. Sure, there are businesses who take advantage of this situation (I doubt its a liberal/conservative issue though), but like most conservatives my concerns are at the individual and family level. I don't own a chicken processing plant.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Think about what you're saying... they might as well take the risk of robbing a bank and going to jail if caught. They are either breaking our law or just using it to their advantage under false pretenses; it was not designed to give a new life to every poor person in the world. This argument is ridiculous.

What would be the difference if cheap labor was the concern? I really don't know what to say to you any more.
Beacuse if an economic migrant is caught he will be sent back to Mexico. If an asylum seeker's claim is granted, he will be able to stay--and presumably "dilute the purity of our cultural heritage." Can't have that.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
One more thing. Sure, there are businesses who take advantage of this situation (I doubt its a liberal/conservative issue though), but like most conservatives my concerns are at the individual and family level. I don't own a chicken processing plant.
One man's 'taking advantage' of hiring illegal immigrants is another man's crime. If we are to punish the illegal immigrant for illegally entering, we must punish the business owner for hiring the illegal immigrant.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
One man's 'taking advantage' of hiring illegal immigrants is another man's crime. If we are to punish the illegal immigrant for illegally entering, we must punish the business owner for hiring the illegal immigrant.
Not a chance. But I'm not sure I care very much. As I said before, I am not aware that the US is suffering from a surplus of young ambitious people who want to work hard to get ahead. Anyway, it's the asylum seekers who seem to be causing all the resentment.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can't argue with that.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As I said before, I am not aware that the US is suffering from a surplus of young ambitious people who want to work hard to get ahead. Anyway, it's the asylum seekers who seem to be causing all the resentment.
And, I can't argue with that either. Handout's should be a temporary helping hand even for our citizens, and not more profitable than working. That needs to stop too.

Upvote 0