(Video) Conditional Immortality, The soul & spirit , Hades & Gehenna, Eternal life,

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟346,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since the JW teach exactly what the SDA church teaches the use of these videos is merited. the SEA believes that reform in this teaching is necessary, because the current view does not take into account all of the information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since the JW teach exactly what the SDA church teaches the use of these videos is merited. the SEA believes that reform in this teaching is necessary, because the current view does not take into account all of the information.

I have never seen any attempt by SDAs to present the topic of the nature of man, soul, death - by the claim that they suspect that JW teaching is exactly what Adventist official doctrine teaches. I frankly don't find where the JW's endorse these Bible details - even though they fit in perfectly with the Denomination's POV.

1. Matt 10:28 "do not fear those that kill the body but are unable to kill the soul. Rather fear Him who is able to destroy both body and soul in fiery hell". Which means it is not the body that continues to exist at death, and it means both body AND soul go to hell and both are destroyed there (the second death) but in the first death only the body is destroyed/killed.

2. 1 Thess 4:13-18 describes death as sleep not as non-existence even though the "body returns to dust" which means it is "Not the body" that sleeps in death.

3. Luke 12 says there are degrees of punishment in fiery hell - as Adventists some times say - "the suffering of some is but a moment while others suffer for many days".

In the video the apparently JW speakers make the claim of total annihilation of both body and soul in the first death instead of soul sleep. I don't know of any official Adventist doctrine that claims such a thing.

the SEA believes that reform in this teaching is necessary, because the current view does not take into account all of the information.

I agree that many popular "illustrations" by our Evangelists make the mistake of not including all the information on the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟346,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have never seen any attempt by SDAs to present the topic of the nature of man, soul, death - by the claim that they suspect that JW teaching is exactly what Adventist official doctrine teaches. I frankly don't find where the JW's endorse these Bible details - even though they fit in perfectly with the Denomination's POV.

1. Matt 10:28 "do not fear those that kill the body but are unable to kill the soul. Rather fear Him who is able to destroy both body and soul in fiery hell". Which means it is not the body that continues to exist at death, and it means both body AND soul go to hell and both are destroyed there (the second death) but in the first death only the body is destroyed/killed.

2. 1 Thess 4:13-18 describes death as sleep not as non-existence even though the "body returns to dust" which means it is "Not the body" that sleeps in death.

3. Luke 12 says there are degrees of punishment in fiery hell - as Adventists some times say - "the suffering of some is but a moment while others suffer for many days".

In the video the apparently JW speakers make the claim of total annihilation of both body and soul in the first death instead of soul sleep. I don't know of any official Adventist doctrine that claims such a thing.

I agree that many popular "illustrations" by our Evangelists make the mistake of not including all the information on the subject.
The people in the video are FORMER JW. If you want to know is the JW are the same as the SDA then try going over to their website and read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0