• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Video, After Christmas death, teen leaves online message behind

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you cried yet today? No? Here, we can fix that.

Ben Breedlove, an 18-year-old high school senior in Austin, Texas, died on Christmas Day of a heart condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, something he'd had all of his life. But he left behind two wordless videos on his YouTube channel, in which he used a series of note cards with handwritten messages to tell his life story, including the three times he "cheated death." His family discovered the videos in the hours after his death, reports NBC's Austin, Texas, affiliate station, KXAN.

TODAY Health - After Christmas death, teen leaves online message behind

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I saw that. It was very moving. I think that's why I'm here. I think his story has lead me to start thinking more and more about my own heart condition. I was diagnosed with a heart block. It's type 1 second degree, which means that the bottom of my heart doesn't always receive the electical impulse to beat, so...sometimes it doesn't. At that point I have a momentary twinge of pain. Not too bad, more like being shot with an arrow, and it goes away after about 15-30 seconds. Just long enough for me to think what it would be like to have a full on heart attack. I fear experiencing that pain again. I think I was born with this. I wasn't diagnosed till my 20's. My resting heart rate is 40 beats per minute. The normal is 60-90.

Upvote 0