✟76,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good morning!

Hey everyone. Just wondering how things would be if I were to quit smoking and several other habits. What life would be like if I could completely live the rest of my life without these things that seem to keep me from closure. Well until the day I talk to my Lord and receive final judgement upon my life's exploration.

For the time being I try to find things that are meaningful and beneficial. Habitual behavior has always been something that kills me a little more than others on the inside. Does anyone have any good ideas or thoughts on the subject?

Also, does anyone have good ways about quitting smoking/video-games/using tv's/computers?

Living in a small town of 3k people in Central Kansas only has so many things to offer. Hopefully I can find some ideas to help me live a clean-minded life to help fuel days ahead! :)

Reactions: GospelS
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had to change my whole way of thinking to quit smoking and drinking. That real change was only possible through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I had to stay focused on the present moment and train myself not to think ahead. I still use this technique when dealing with difficulties. I refuse to project ahead days or weeks and if need be, even deny thinking ahead hours in a day. I kept Christ in my forethought and made sure to give thanks for not failing in my attempt at this present time.
I knew temptation would pass if I would just stay focused on my gratitude to God in the moment.
I'm working on year 20 of having quit drinking and smoking at the same moment in time. All honor and glory to God our father and Jesus Christ my Superhero! By the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. Amen....may it be so.

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most habits are set aside over a period of time. Cold turkey works for some. But it requires discipline and energy to maintain. Depleting the same for other areas.

For smoking, start by reducing your intake. Remove one cigarette per day from your routine. You'll smoke seven less for the week and have good momentum going to the next. Do the same with television. Take a program away or day of viewing. Follow suit with the games.

You'll need to put something in its place. What are your interests and hobbies? There's a heap of courses and positive pursuits you can indulge. What would you do if you weren't doing those things?

~Bella

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,363.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good thing. I play audio bible on my phone. Have you tried that? I believe there are also many bible quizzes and books which are edifying and fun. I print them so i don't have to sit on my computer.

Upvote 0