Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In this case, Joe appeases the black voters (after taking them for granted) by selecting a black woman, and then she changes her tune about him.
Primary losers almost always change their tune re the victor when the general election looms. They arent going to sabotage their own party. I cant believe I even have to explain this.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She encouraged those that did. "They will not stop, they should not stop".
This, after so much destruction, and so many deaths, but apparently not the deaths of those who matter. Anything to win an election.
What a joke. Obviously she was referring to peaceful protests, not rioting. She’s a freaking cop, she’s hardly pro-violent protest.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Video evidence is no good then?
Then why is the (edited) video of Trump's speech at the rally good enough to use to impeach him?
Well as I said earlier. For me, its not the speech itself thats the impeachable offense. And I think its a mistake to make the speech the centerpiece of the effort, if in fact thats whats going on.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What a joke. Obviously she was referring to peaceful protests, not rioting. She’s a freaking cop, she’s hardly pro-violent protest.

Yet she never made any distinction between the peaceful and the rioters, or said that they need to stop. She said the opposite, and they never have stopped.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well as I said earlier. For me, its not the speech itself thats the impeachable offense. And I think its a mistake to make the speech the centerpiece of the effort, if in fact thats whats going on.

It is. The whole impeachment process is based on the idea that he incited the riot at the capitol. The idea that they're doing it within a week of him leaving office shows that it's an act of revenge more than any justice.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is. The whole impeachment process is based on the idea that he incited the riot at the capitol. The idea that they're doing it within a week of him leaving office shows that it's an act of revenge more than any justice.
As I see it impeachment is justified by him pursuing the big life-and-death lie thats so corrosive of our republic (as we've witnessed). Hes lying to advance his own prospects at the cost of the country - which is the worst kind of behavior from our executive. Easily satisfies the criteria for impeachment spelled out in the constitution.

I also would have added in the blatant effort to overthrow the GA election.

(Even so......Im still not convinced impeachment, while totally justified, is the wisest course of action at this time.)

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I see it impeachment is justified by him pursuing the big life-and-death lie thats so corrosive of our republic (as we've witnessed). Hes lying to advance his own prospects at the cost of the country - which is the worst kind of behavior from our executive. Easily satisfies the criteria for impeachment spelled out in the constitution.

I also would have added in the blatant effort to overthrow the GA election.

(Even so......Im still not convinced impeachment, while totally justified, is the wisest course of action at this time.)

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/c.../documents/ARTICLES - Final 1030 - 011121.pdf

upload_2021-1-13_14-56-31.png

• Informative
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video evidence is no good then?
Then why is the (edited) video of Trump's speech at the rally good enough to use to impeach him?

No, edited video evidence is "no good." Georgia election officials showed the full video, where they showed the ballots being placed into the containers, secured as required by law to prevent any type of tampering, and store them under the table -- all while observers were present and watching. They weren't brought in when observers weren't watching.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just how did Pence incite riots?

He is still Vice President for a few more days.

I guess I should have included "elect".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just how did Pence incite riots?

He is still Vice President for a few more days.

He incited them by refusing to overturn the vote like Trump said he could do, thus prompting a mob to go after him. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The evidence is there, even if the courts declined to even look at it, and Youtube continues to ban the video that was taken of ballots being counted from boxes brought in after observers were sent home.
Yeah, it's sitting right next to the evidence for the world being flat and the Cosmos being 6000 years old.

Why no one can see it is mind-boggling.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
VICTOR JOECKS: All things Kamala Harris no longer believes about Joe Biden

You don't have to take me seriously. Just do some reading and learn for yourself.

"We should follow that precedent. To wit, Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission's findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed."

Joint Statement from Senators Cruz, Johnson, Lankford, Daines, Kennedy, Blackburn, Braun, Senators-Elect Lummis, Marshall, Hagerty, Tuberville | Ted Cruz | U.S. Senator for Texas

I'm sorry, this is moving the goal posts. It was explicitly stated what Trump was wanting, as stated by Pres. Trump and his personal lawyer. More to the point, the protestors weren't wanting this "10-day" audit -- if they did, they wouldn't be blocking the attempt, by storming the Capitol, by these Senators to introduce the resolution to have a 10-day audit. The truth is, after the protestors stormed the Capitol, these Senators, on their own, decided to no longer request the 10-day audit based on the actions of the protestors.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry, this is moving the goal posts. It was explicitly stated what Trump was wanting, as stated by Pres. Trump and his personal lawyer. More to the point, the protestors weren't wanting this "10-day" audit -- if they did, they wouldn't be blocking the attempt, by storming the Capitol, by these Senators to introduce the resolution to have a 10-day audit. The truth is, after the protestors stormed the Capitol, these Senators, on their own, decided to no longer request the 10-day audit based on the actions of the protestors.

If the protesters were there to "block the attempt" and were Trump supporters, then why would the senators (who are Republicans) suddenly not want the audit based on the actions of Trump supporters?
It looks like you've got your facts mixed up.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the protesters were there to "block the attempt" and were Trump supporters, then why would the senators (who are Republicans) suddenly not want the audit based on the actions of Trump supporters?
It looks like you've got your facts mixed up.

Then you misunderstand. Why did the protestors block the attempt to have a 10-day audit, if that is what they really wanted? I think the Senators realized that the protestors had no interest in finding out the truth of what happened in the election, instead they merely wanted Trump declared the winner.

From the evidence I have seen, none of the Senators believed that there was enough fraud to change the results of the election (based in part by Sen. Sasse's statement, for other evidence go read past posts I've made). They'd seen the results of, not just the court cases but also, the DoJ/FBI investigation, the investigations of local and state law enforcement agencies, the work done by Homeland Security. They wanted the audit to show those results to Trump supporters, and maybe one last attempt to try and find actual fraud. They gave up the attempt when, based on the protestors' actions, they realized these people won't be convinced by any audit -- that there is no evidence that could ever get some Trump supporters to accept that Biden won the election.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Ummm, that doesn't support your claim of Harris lying about racism. That was Harris changing what she said about Joe Biden.

Sort of how Trump called Cruz "Lyin" Ted Cruz and Cruz called Trump a pathological liar incapable of telling the truth, but now they're buddy-buddy.

But not remotely supporting your previous claim.

You don't have to take me seriously. Just do some reading and learn for yourself.

"We should follow that precedent. To wit, Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission's findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed."

Joint Statement from Senators Cruz, Johnson, Lankford, Daines, Kennedy, Blackburn, Braun, Senators-Elect Lummis, Marshall, Hagerty, Tuberville | Ted Cruz | U.S. Senator for Texas

I failed to note Trump on that list. Trump's demands have been clear. He wants the results of the election overturned. Your misrepresentation of the truth has also been clear.

• Agree
Upvote 0