loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
VFW Expects Apology From POTUS
"In light of today's announcement from the defense department that 34 U.S. service members suffered traumatic brain injuries as a result of Iran's retaliatory strike and President Trump's remarks which minimized these troops’ injuries, the Veterans of Foreign Wars cannot stand idle on this matter.
tulc(would suggest they not hold their breath waiting for this) :sigh:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
VFW Expects Apology From POTUS

tulc(would suggest they not hold their breath waiting for this) :sigh:
Once again it is the media who owes an apology to Trump and the VA. Also the commander who reported the casualties.

I have been in quite a few rocket attacks at the other end. The percussion while inside a protective bunker will give you head injuries. Me and 17 others were under the Army’s version of a concussion protocol for 14 days. Sure I had a horrible headache for the first few days and two of the same group had worse symptoms and went to Kuwait for further analysis.

The Army has only been tracking TBI from I believe 2004 when we encountered sustained IED attacks on the roads of Iraq. Since then there is a protocol for all Soldiers. If involved in an incident the tracking is immediate. However upon redeployment everyone gets a cognitive computer based test to test mental acuity. They compare this with a baseline test taken before deployment.

When the commander in Iraq initially reported none were wounded in action I believe that report was correct and that is what Trump reported and the Defense department.

If we want to change (as the press wants) TBI to “WIA” then previous presidents lied to us about the total number of WIA since 2001. Even the more progressive sites count our WIA since 2001 as 50,000 and close to 7,000 KIA.

The DoD has reported in that timeframe 350,000 cases from severe to mild TBI injuries.

This is the information the media fails to report. Therefore, the commander in Iraq, DoD and President are correct these brave warriors were not wounded in action. But they did sustain concussions which needed further evaluation.

It’s almost like the liberal media and warhawks in both parties want the president to attack Iran again. Redleg finds that very interesting.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Once again it is the media who owes an apology to Trump and the VA. Also the commander who reported the casualties.

I have been in quite a few rocket attacks at the other end. The percussion while inside a protective bunker will give you head injuries. Me and 17 others were under the Army’s version of a concussion protocol for 14 days. Sure I had a horrible headache for the first few days and two of the same group had worse symptoms and went to Kuwait for further analysis.

The Army has only been tracking TBI from I believe 2004 when we encountered sustained IED attacks on the roads of Iraq. Since then there is a protocol for all Soldiers. If involved in an incident the tracking is immediate. However upon redeployment everyone gets a cognitive computer based test to test mental acuity. They compare this with a baseline test taken before deployment.

When the commander in Iraq initially reported none were wounded in action I believe that report was correct and that is what Trump reported and the Defense department.

If we want to change (as the press wants) TBI to “WIA” then previous presidents lied to us about the total number of WIA since 2001. Even the more progressive sites count our WIA since 2001 as 50,000 and close to 7,000 KIA.

The DoD has reported in that timeframe 350,000 cases from severe to mild TBI injuries.

This is the information the media fails to report. Therefore, the commander in Iraq, DoD and President are correct these brave warriors were not wounded in action. But they did sustain concussions which needed further evaluation.

It’s almost like the liberal media and warhawks in both parties want the president to attack Iran again. Redleg finds that very interesting.
Wow, you went completely against the VFW. I guess you don't care about veterans and their views.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you went completely against the VFW. I guess you don't care about veterans and their views.
I’m a lifetime member of the VFW since 1991. Wonder who put up Doc to make such a statement without getting clarification.

Upvote 0