Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
BOSTON - A veteran who lost both arms in the war in Iraq is suing filmmaker Michael Moore for $85 million, alleging that Moore used snippets of a television interview without his permission to falsely portray him as anti-war in “Fahrenheit 9/11.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13071525/

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what the law says about this.... I would assume that Michael Moore has a lot more lawyer advice than most people could imagine, and I'd be surprised if they let something like this slip through their nets. I mean, this would be a huge overlook by Moore's lawyers.

Upvote 0

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
thirstforknowledge said:
I'm not sure what the law says about this.... I would assume that Michael Moore has a lot more lawyer advice than most people could imagine, and I'd be surprised if they let something like this slip through their nets. I mean, this would be a huge overlook by Moore's lawyers.

I think the lawsuit will completely depend upon what the guy in the interview signed when he agreed to be inteviewed by NBC. If in the contract it mentioned they can use his footage anyway they want, and they sold it to Michael Moore, then he might have a hard time with this lawsuit. If however, Michael Moore just took the footage, then they might have a problem on their hands... although I don't know if the guy will really be able to get $85 million dollars.

Upvote 0