Veteran sidewalk counselor assaulted outside Planned Parenthood will sue attacker

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘I grabbed with my open hand the [wooden sign post / cross] and he took both hands and pushed me real hard, real fast across the street.’

Duane_Van_Boxtel_480_296_75_c1.jpg

Duane Van Boxtel

APPLETON, Wisconsin, April 13, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — A young abortion supporter attacked a pro-life sidewalk counselor outside a Planned Parenthood business. Now, the victim — 72-year-old Duane Van Boxtel — is fighting back.

Van Boxtel has been offering abortion-minded mothers help outside abortion businesses in Grand Chute and then Appleton, Wisconsin, almost every day since he was laid off from work over 4 years ago. A friendly, peaceable character who refers to others as his “brothers and sisters in Christ,” Van Boxtel has made friends even with staff at the Appleton Planned Parenthood. He was chatting with the clinic’s security guard last Friday when his attacker first approached.

“Friday, at 3:30, I was talking with the guard and, all of a sudden, a guy walks through the parking lot and he takes my sign from the curb — a [wooden] crucifix with two babies on [the placard], a black baby and a white baby, and starts walking off with it,” Van Boxtel told LifeSiteNews.

Continued below.
Veteran sidewalk counselor assaulted outside Planned Parenthood will sue attacker