Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A full-blown woe is underway. An old collateral woe that no association, fellowship or denomination would avoid purely for the sake of saying, ‘But I have membership!’, that is - the unseen depth of unbelief.

It is quite simple and frequently discussed, but rarely capable to detail how acceptably far an understanding for such peril exists. But one thing I am confident of, within many differing ideologies of Christian thought, including Pentecostalism, are our brother and sister who are taken into this vise. Pentecostalism just happens to be one of the chief promoters combating spiritual wickedness in the heavenlies with scripturally sanctioned weaponry.

But, how do you boil it down to the prime cause of this condition of the heart? A condition capable of granting all forms of justification for heart-and-eye looking past the anticipated Lamb of God. I’ll tell you how, it is the heart who seeks the inheritance of ‘doubting Thomas’ rather than our crown of glory by faith with Christ.

It is in fact a double-minded heart that yours truly has seen in action that isn’t content with the “signs that follow them that believe’, what we have running through the ranks is the attempt to Christianize unbelief. A heart so deceivingly discontent with a life of faith, it lives to prove signs rather.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I hope I'm writing on topic but I think I get your message.

Many people want signs and wonders, they live by sight. You're right about the hearts but faith too comes through the heart to our minds eye. We are supposed to have a changed heart/new heart ( spiritual heart). If we get a sign or wonder, well, all well and good but it's not needed or maybe not required is a better term. And actually if we get one we are to examine the source . Our faith, our belief, is a matter of the heart. We live by faith not sight. In today's church many people want to see action, see proof if you will. To me the very change in my life is proof enough. On top of that I have seen signs and wonders and dreamed dreams or had visions, but my faith is not because of those things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
May unbelief disappear as we put our faith in the Living LORD,who saves and keeps us by His power. Let us love and serve Him with all our heart and strength. May the church rise up in faith to see mighty exploits done in the Name of Jesus. May we 'dare to be a Daniel'.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,
Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,
And saw My works forty years.
Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they have not known My ways.’
So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

(Hebrews 3:7-11)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,
And saw My works forty years.
Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they have not known My ways.’
So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

(Hebrews 3:7-11)
Amen! Hear the Word of the LORD!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have given you authority to, , overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

(Luke 10:19)​

I have no doubt we are in the midst of the Enemy, but Jesus who is within you knows his seat and is greater to grant such a promise! Hallelujah!

• Winner
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank God for the contentment within the full record of His will! Jesus made note of the condition of mankind on the way to Calvary by mentioning that increasing corruption that would befall us in the latter days. And how much brighter would the Gospel shine than it did then,

Hebrews 3:9​

And saw my works - That is, my miracles, or my interpositions in their behalf. They saw the wonders at the Red Sea, the descent on Mount Sinai, the supply of manna, etc., and yet while seeing those works they rebelled. Even while sinners look on the doings of God, and are surrounded by the proofs of his power and goodness, they rebel, and provoke him to anger. - Barnes

Since to-morrow is not ours, we must make the best improvement of this day. And there are none, even the strongest of the flock, who do not need help of other Christians. Neither are there any so low and despised, but the care of their standing in the faith, and of their safety, belongs to all. Sin has so many ways and colours, that we need more eyes than ours own. – Matthew Henry

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank God for the contentment within the full record of His will! Jesus made note of the condition of mankind on the way to Calvary by mentioning that increasing corruption that would befall us in the latter days. And how much brighter would the Gospel shine than it did then,

Hebrews 3:9​

And saw my works - That is, my miracles, or my interpositions in their behalf. They saw the wonders at the Red Sea, the descent on Mount Sinai, the supply of manna, etc., and yet while seeing those works they rebelled. Even while sinners look on the doings of God, and are surrounded by the proofs of his power and goodness, they rebel, and provoke him to anger. - Barnes

Since to-morrow is not ours, we must make the best improvement of this day. And there are none, even the strongest of the flock, who do not need help of other Christians. Neither are there any so low and despised, but the care of their standing in the faith, and of their safety, belongs to all. Sin has so many ways and colours, that we need more eyes than ours own. – Matthew Henry
Regardless, whether the Red Sea or the Sea of Galilee, for the believing heart, God has made the way plain for us to choose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums