Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A friend of mine has come across a very interesting genre; horror stories that consist of a few sentences. I ended up writing a few of my own:

I woke up, and walked around as usual. But when I got to my window, I realized that something was seriously wrong. Because the last that I remembered...I didn't live in a dungeon.

I went on a walk today. It was a nice walk. Just me and my dog, walking around the neighborhood. But when I got back, I realized that I didn't have a dog.
Or legs.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was having a great time at the office party. I was leading the conga line. Then I looked back and realized I was doing it alone, and I wasn't in an office, I was in a psychiatric hospital.

Upvote 0

forlovingHim

Oct 24, 2017
Muncie
✟18,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Celibate
I woke up in a house of mirrors. I began to live my life there, and even worse: to love it. I began to love my life and I confused that with being human. I looked into one of the mirrors one day and I saw my face disappear. I could still see, even though I didn’t see any eyes that would enable me to see. I screamed and blinked several times, and slowly my face came back into focus. So many times, I nearly died in that place. To this day I wake up in the night or the early morning thinking that I’m still there. The terrible thing; even after moving apartments, changing my life entirely, there is part of me that whispers, “You’re still with us. You can never leave.” Because some of the worst things never really leave us no matter what we do. We can start over a thousand times, make a new life and smile to greet the new day... but what is it that we carry with us that houses horror, if not our own hearts? You can’t leave yourself behind. You might never know what waits behind the face you look at when you look at ‘your’ face in the mirror. Who are you, really?

-Sarah

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A friend of mine has come across a very interesting genre; horror stories that consist of a few sentences. I ended up writing a few of my own:

I woke up, and walked around as usual. But when I got to my window, I realized that something was seriously wrong. Because the last that I remembered...I didn't live in a dungeon.

I went on a walk today. It was a nice walk. Just me and my dog, walking around the neighborhood. But when I got back, I realized that I didn't have a dog.
Or legs.

Have you ever read the near death experience of former Skeptic Howard Storm?

Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was having a wonderful day. Then I met someone.

... actually, that sounds more like a Grumpy Cat line than a short horror story. But I have social anxiety, so maybe it is a horror story.:argh:

Upvote 0