Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am currently listening to Youtuber Styx cover the Jan 6 hearings apparently another Trump Urban legend has been "wrecked" by people being under oath and cross examined. This is funny because as Styx mentions so much of the case against Trump "has been based on lies and hearsay". Which is interesting when you compare that to stuff against Biden especially Hunter Biden stuff and how it points to real problems and corruption that should be investigated, not to mention many stuff going on in the Obama administration like "Fast and Furious", The IRS dealing with conservative groups, various journalists writing unflattering articles that have been hacked and persecuted etc.

Anyway the urban legend is one I don't think heard, or at least it went "in one ear and out the other" and I didn't remember it. In a nutshell, on Jan 6 Trump was away for the event I presume the aftermath, and was driving away from the area, for his own safety, when in hearing about the riot aka "insurrection" wants to drive back to the event to witness the chaos but his secret service driver refuses (since his responsibility is with the president's safety). And Trump gets mad and tries choking him, and grabbing the steering wheel.

Anyway this basic scandal seems to be have been debunked under oath and examination "much like the pee tape" that many people still believe is real due to the partisan propaganda efforts of many media outlets. But as Styx points out progressives and Democrats in general were going to try to use this as evidence to challenge Trump's mental health as just another way to keep him out of the White House. And the hypocrisy is very obvious when it comes to Biden's showing many signs of senility, even doubly so when you remember Democrats pushed the issue of Trump taking a cognitive exam for simply looking down and walking slowly while walking down a ramp in the rain... But it was an exam "he aced" :) figuratively speaking. Can Biden ace this exam, even if he is jacked up on stimulants and gingko biloba?

• Agree
Reactions: Blade

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Secret Service agents are coming forward to say for months after the January 6 insurrection they heard stories very similar to the account former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson said she was told by a Trump loyalist and White House aide. The right-wing pro-Trump propaganda machine latched on to parts of her story in which she said she was told the outgoing president lunged at an agent, and “grabbed at” the steering wheel of the presidential limo, which on January 6 was an SUV.

Trump “angrily demanded to go to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, and berated his protective detail when he didn’t get his way,” CNN reports, citing “two Secret Service sources who say they heard about the incident from multiple agents, including the driver of the presidential SUV where it occurred.”
Secret Service Agents Confirm Details Hutchinson Shared About Trump Demanding to Be Taken to US Capitol Jan. 6

It really won't matter as to who does or doesn't go to jail, but one has to ask whether or not it is in Trump's character to act like that.

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Secret Service detail that was actually in the car and on duty that day have already testified under Oath to the committee previously. Not one Agent has claimed anything that resembles
the testimony Hutchinson claimed. Every breath she took was third and fourth hand rumor. She was a "Hail Mary" and the pass fell incomplete in the wrong end zone.

If this gaggle of wet hens had anything close to this fantasy ....Those people would be standing in front of cameras right now with the evidence. They aren't there, just as in the two impeachment presentations. .

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Looks like that story was being told by Secret Service people long before Hutcheson knew about it:

While the details from those who heard the accounts differ, the Secret Service sources say they were told an angry confrontation did occur. And their accounts align with significant parts of Hutchinson’s testimony, which has been attacked as hearsay by Trump and his allies who also have tried to discredit her overall testimony. Like Hutchinson, one source, a longtime Secret Service employee, told CNN that the agents relaying the story described Trump as “demanding” and that the former President said something similar to: “I’m the f**king President of the United States, you can’t tell me what to do.” The source said he originally heard that kind of language was used shortly after the incident.

One of CNN’s sources said, in reference to Trump, “He had sort of lunged forward -- it was unclear from the conversations I had that he actually made physical contact, but he might have. I don’t know. Nobody said Trump assaulted him; they said he tried to lunge over the seat — for what reason, nobody had any idea.”

CNN’s report added that the same unnamed source said he’d heard about the incident multiple times as far back as February 2021 from other agents, including some who were part of the presidential protective detail during that time period but none of whom were involved in the incident.

It would appear that the right’s desperate efforts to undermine Hutchinson’s credibility have just suffered another blow
Secret Service sources reportedly bolster Hutchinson’s testimony

Likely, conclusive proof as to which of the Secret Service people have it right, won't be forthcoming. So most of us will just have to consider whether or not it's consistent with Trump's other behaviors.

Upvote 0