hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟14,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want Putin to pay really heavily for his destruction of so many cities in Ukraine, but we believe, don't we, that God is in control.
A woman who was into mission to the Jews in a big way said that the holocaust was necessary to get the Jews back to their Holy Land. She then said that the Nazis overstepped the mark massively in fulfilling God's purposes. God had allowed, as He often has, the wickedness of men, in this case rulers, to run its full course to exhaustion.
So it got me thinking. This brutal invasion - could it ultimately serve a purpose of God?
If Putin establishes his new Iron curtain across Donbas and has his extended but isolated Russian World, he will have a civil society inoculated from our destructive genderism, transism and identitarianism, and where the normal biblical family will be promoted (if not practised).
"In the beginning male and female created He them"
The divisive social currents in the West have manifested a very strong rebellious character against the way God created the world.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want Putin to pay really heavily for his destruction of so many cities in Ukraine, but we believe, don't we, that God is in control.
A woman who was into mission to the Jews in a big way said that the holocaust was necessary to get the Jews back to their Holy Land. She then said that the Nazis overstepped the mark massively in fulfilling God's purposes. God had allowed, as He often has, the wickedness of men, in this case rulers, to run its full course to exhaustion.
So it got me thinking. This brutal invasion - could it ultimately serve a purpose of God?
If Putin establishes his new Iron curtain across Donbas and has his extended but isolated Russian World, he will have a civil society inoculated from our destructive genderism, transism and identitarianism, and where the normal biblical family will be promoted (if not practised).
The divisive social currents in the West have manifested a very strong rebellious character against the way God created the world.

It is true that God uses even wicked rulers for his purposes, but I don't think God would trade one evil for another. If you are talking about Russia going back to the Soviet Union type thing, the Soviet's were AWFUL AWFUL persecutors of the Church. Many saints were martyred under the sickle and hammer and I don't think God will trade western immorality for the murder of His children just so marriage can return to "one man and one woman". I don't even think that would be a thing, in that case, Muslim countries are doing it right because they are clearly anti-LGBT and marriage is one man and one woman.

Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God's wrath is shown by letting people live with the consequences of their actions. Romans 1:24 "Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts.............." and 26-30: "Furthermore, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant, and boastful. They invent new forms of evil; they disobey their parents. They are senseless, faithless, heartless, merciless."

Man's sinful ways will not serve the purpose of God. Russia is no paragon of virtue. Putin maintains control by murder, imprisonment, lies, deception and enriching those who support him. Russia did not have to invade Ukraine in order to maintain it's way of life. Putin's ego is what drives him, not some sense of preserving a godly society. Far better to preach the gospel in Ukraine, to convict the society of their sin and bring about change that way.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he will have a civil society inoculated from our destructive genderism, transism and identitarianism,
Won't help actually. Not even a little. And there's a strong clear reason why we know that.

None are saved by being for example in a normal traditional man-woman marriage, but we are only saved only through Grace through faith in Christ Jesus, alone.

So, suppressing stuff like transism or alcoholism (there is a lot of alcoholism in Russia by the way) or other such things, by laws, won't help.

Why? Because none are good enough on their own, not even if they obey every law of the local government...

--> Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

So, the solution to wrongs and problems in the world isn't laws or wars of men.

The only real solution that helps is faith in Christ.

And the way to faith in Him is the gospel.

So, if you want to help Russia, preach the gospel message to Russians....

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟55,770.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Why not say, as some slanderously claim that we say, “Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is deserved!" (Romans 3:8)

Lenin experienced a fierce hatred for God and Christianity. In one of the letters to A.M. He wrote to Gorky that "a million sins, dirty tricks and physical infections" are less dangerous than "the idea of God"... This is the essence of the refraction of the Machiavellian principle by the communists: "The end justifies the means." If for the sake of the victory of communism it is necessary to destroy millions of people, then from the point of view of the theoreticians of communism, this will be morally justified.

The Russians boast that they have already killed over 50,000 Ukrainian soldiers on Ukrainian soil. These soldiers have wives, children and mothers.

They also killed over 50,000 civilians.

When the September 11th terrorist attacks hit the United States, the whole world was in mourning. In Ukraine, "September 11" has been happening more 2 times a week for more than 4 months now.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets"
Matthew 7:12

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟14,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some good stuff here.
I had communicated with someone in Russia who is VERY offended by Gay Pride marches and was prepared to consider extreme solutions to protect Fatherhood, biblical marriage and a collectivist loyalty, even to trusting a totalitarian to achieve it.
We cannot ignore how very frightened many people are in Russia and Muslim central Asia to the way we have balkanised our society into conflicting moralities.
But my position is that what is happened now is indeed a great evil.
And also, though I don't want to accept it, God has said in the Old Testament "Enough is Enough" and allowed a great evil and violence.
I would like to hear from someone who has considered the holocaust and the 2nd World War as His means of getting the Jews back to Israel.

Upvote 0

hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟14,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Why not say, as some slanderously claim that we say, “Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is deserved!" (Romans 3:8)

Lenin experienced a fierce hatred for God and Christianity. In one of the letters to A.M. He wrote to Gorky that "a million sins, dirty tricks and physical infections" are less dangerous than "the idea of God"... This is the essence of the refraction of the Machiavellian principle by the communists: "The end justifies the means." If for the sake of the victory of communism it is necessary to destroy millions of people, then from the point of view of the theoreticians of communism, this will be morally justified.

The Russians boast that they have already killed over 50,000 Ukrainian soldiers on Ukrainian soil. These soldiers have wives, children and mothers.

They also killed over 50,000 civilians.

When the September 11th terrorist attacks hit the United States, the whole world was in mourning. In Ukraine, "September 11" has been happening more 2 times a week for more than 4 months now.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets"
Matthew 7:12
Can you tell me what the latest situation is, regarding relations with the Orthodox Church linked to Moscow and Kirill? Why is his analysis unbiblical?

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟55,770.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some good stuff here.
I had communicated with someone in Russia who is VERY offended by Gay Pride marches and was prepared to consider extreme solutions to protect Fatherhood, biblical marriage and a collectivist loyalty, even to trusting a totalitarian to achieve it.
We cannot ignore how very frightened many people are in Russia and Muslim central Asia to the way we have balkanised our society into conflicting moralities.
But my position is that what is happened now is indeed a great evil.
And also, though I don't want to accept it, God has said in the Old Testament "Enough is Enough" and allowed a great evil and violence.
I would like to hear from someone who has considered the holocaust and the 2nd World War as His means of getting the Jews back to Israel.
One municipality deputy in Moscow was sentenced to 7 years in prison for taking an anti-war stance. The Russians are silent not because they consider this way of fighting for traditional values to be effective, but because they are afraid of the authorities.

I won't say about Muslims, but true Christians have never killed others for religious reasons. The Roman Empire had all the sins. But the apostles did not kill anyone. If they punished, then only members of their community. "God judges those who are outside," they said. (1 Corinthians 5:13)

Besides, it is not the perverts who suffer. It is people with traditional values who been killed more often, including Christians.

If Christians in Russia were not so intimidated, then I am sure that there would be dozens of times more anti-war protests.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟55,770.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Can you tell me what the latest situation is, regarding relations with the Orthodox Church linked to Moscow and Kirill? Why is his analysis unbiblical?
Patriarch Kirill behaves like a citizen of Russia, that is, he supports the current government in this war in everything. How do you think Ukrainian bishops, who are citizens of Ukraine, should relate to the war? How do they should feel about the fact that their humans are being killed? This is the main reason for the disagreement.

If he is a patriarch not only on the territory of Russia, but throughout the world, then he should have been above state interests.

The Bible describes the story of King Solomon's son Rehoboam. In the days of King Rehoboam, 10 tribes of Israel separated from Judah. Rehoboam wanted to go to war to bring them back. But the prophet of God Samey forbade fighting with brothers in faith. This is what the biblical prophets did. They were peacekeepers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟55,770.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A request to Christians from all over the world not to forget about Ukraine. Because every day brings hundreds of new disabled people (some without an arm, some without a leg, some with a different injury). All this requires more and more doctors, medicines, food and other things.
rrr-672x418.png

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0