✟65,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi brothers and sisters in the Lord.

I recently started attending church (physically, not just online) for the first time in years. I have been praying a lot about where God wants me to serve. At first, it was wonderful and I felt that this may be my church home. I seemed to connect with some of the brothers and sisters there and felt truly in flow worshipping the Lord! Thinking of Him more and less of myself! Hallelujah.

However, subsequently, I became very uncomfortable there. Please know that I don't intend to gossip or cause divisions, which is why I am posting here and not discussing this with the folks there. There has been a member there who wasn't there at first. I immediately felt uncomfortable in her presence because she averted her eyes from me every time I tried to engage with her. At one point, I looked around and other people in the sanctuary also looked stiff and uncomfortable, which was not how it was before.

I have been praying about this constantly. If this feeling is in my flesh, then let me give it to the Lord. But if this feeling is vexation in my spirit, then my discernment is accurate. And I don't know what my next step would be if that is the case.

Thank you, brothers and sisters. God bless you.

Last edited:

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It sounds like she may be more uncomfortable there than you are. Pray for her. I know you say that you are praying about the situation but I mean specifically for her. Maybe something will reveal itself in all this.

How is the rest of the service when she is there ? Worship is just part of the deal.

Upvote 0

Healing with Jesus

merciful listener
Jun 5, 2014
USA
✟65,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like she may be more uncomfortable there than you are. Pray for her. I know you say that you are praying about the situation but I mean specifically for her. Maybe something will reveal itself in all this.

How is the rest of the service when she is there ? Worship is just part of the deal.

That's a great question. She and her husband kind of seemed to be in their own world almost. I definitely agree, I have been praying for her and blessing her because I feel like there's something going on that I can't quite identify yet.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's a great question. She and her husband kind of seemed to be in their own world almost. I definitely agree, I have been praying for her and blessing her because I feel like there's something going on that I can't quite identify yet.
Pray as you are then just let the Lord work it out. And the way forward will be revealed in it in His due timing. Meanwhile we are told not to worry about these things. Go enjoy your services and just keep an ear open. Maybe she or they have a spiritual battle going on. You don't know but God does. By praying you take Gods side and it's also His way. You remain faithful.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I pray asking that You will grant this one discernment to know without doubt, and confirm again and again if needed, whether this woman is friend or foe, good or evil, so she can feel comfortable and feel reassured she is in the right church, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Test the spirits.
1 John 4
4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world

We test by seeing if the teacher confesses that Jesus came in the flesh and if what they say aligns with scripture.
Pray and ask for the Holy Spirits guidance.

Before jumping to a conclusion be sure that we know the person rather than just going on a feeling. Averting eyes may be due to something to hide and deception but it can also be due to shyness and anxiety or even autism. Make sure your judgements are based on facts not assumptions.

Upvote 0

Healing with Jesus

merciful listener
Jun 5, 2014
USA
✟65,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi again brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Yesterday I attended the service again. There is definitely something dark going on.

Now I am praying for the Lord's guidance. Would you join me in prayer?

Is this a battle I am to enter? Or would that just lead to confusion and despair. I trust Him to answer me. I just don't think that I am the only believer with discernment there. So I am wondering why the darkness is being tolerated.

One thing I have learned is that it is not wise to let this or any experience keep me from the fellowship of believers. I will keep going to different churches until I find where He wants me to be!!

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Yesterday I attended the service again, and again she was leading the worship. There is definitely something dark going on. I had another dream which I believe is confirmation from the Lord.

Now I am praying for the Lord's guidance. Wpu6ld you join me in prayer?

Is this a battle I am to enter? Or would that just lead to confusion and despair. I trust Him to answer me. I just don't think that I am the only believer with discernment there. So I am wondering why the darkness is being tolerated.

One thing I have learned is that it is not wise to let this or any experience keep me from the fellowship of believers. I will keep going to different churches until I find where He wants me to be!!

If the spirit is prompting you that dark things are going on I would leave this church but continue praying for them.

May your will be done Lord.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I will keep going to different churches until I find where He wants me to be!!"

That's the vital key. We asks too.

You know that some teach looking someone in the eye is a sign of respect while others teach the opposite.

Spiritually speaking,, many of us believe we have discernment. Discernment is good but what we need is discerning of spirits. Because that info comes from God and isn't based on what we think. (I Cor 12). I'm not saying you are wrong. Sometimes things like that are revealed to us so we can only pray for them. Sometimes not addressing it further than that. If we are to pursue again asking God how He wants that done.

sis in Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums