Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How about a comment. Some indication what this is about and why you are posting it and that I'm not wasting my time responding.
You are never obligated to respond.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
lol i like how instead of acknowledging how off the current president is people have to point to prior presidents as if their mistakes make the current one's any less odd

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
lol i like how instead of acknowledging how off the current president is people have to point to prior presidents as if their mistakes make the current one's any less odd
Don't they, though? If every president has their history of gaffes, then the only thing odd would be a president without gaffes.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Don't they, though? If every president has their history of gaffes, then the only thing odd would be a president without gaffes.
I think it's more along the lines of "Well Bush did this!" instead of "Ya that is pretty ridiculous that Biden has trouble even talking". It feels like people want to point to other presidents as an excuse for the current one's mistakes. Like how the Egyptians felt the need to imitate Moses's miracles with their own. Like a one-up battle instead of just a conversation of the topic at hand.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
He has a history, aknown history of being a stutterer. I can't watch the video right now but part of me wonders whether this is related
I think it's more along the lines of "Well Bush did this!" instead of "Ya that is pretty ridiculous that Biden has trouble even talking". It feels like people want to point to other presidents as an excuse for the current one's mistakes. Like how the Egyptians felt the need to imitate Moses's miracles with their own. Like a one-up battle instead of just a conversation of the topic at hand.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
He has a history, aknown history of being a stutterer. I can't watch the video right now but part of me wonders whether this is related
Correct. It's just the penchant of "The Right" to make fun of people with disabilities/conditions/differences of any kind that they consider to be not "normal". It seems to be the basis of their whole ideology. Shunning of "the other".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Correct. It's just the penchant of "The Right" to make fun of people with disabilities/conditions/differences of any kind that they consider to be not "normal". It seems to be the basis of their whole ideology. Shunning of "the other".
Well it's not like their most recent president was a model in that regard so you can't REALLY blame them.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Mocking poor leadership is perfectly acceptable.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That’s not relevant to this thread.
Someone with a history of stuttering is getting made fun of for [checks notes] stuttering but that's not germane to the thread?
Calling people out due to making fun of someone's disability in a thread is certainly a buzzkill but you COULD just say "oh yeah. That's right. Forgot about that. My bad".

Next time just complain that dems voted for a "mouth cripple" be president instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Someone with a history of stuttering is getting made fun of for [checks notes] stuttering but that's not germane to the thread?
Calling people out due to making fun of someone's disability in a thread is certainly a buzzkill but you COULD just say "oh yeah. That's right. Forgot about that. My bad".

Next time just complain that dems voted for a "mouth cripple" be president instead.
Nice try.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Nice try.
In my time working with emotionally and behaviourally troubled youth with all manner of diagnoses, I've come to understand that empathy cannot be taught.
Making fun of a medical condition is 100% relevant to this thread.

Frankly, it's EXACTLY what is happenning in this thread (by some anyways).

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my time working with emotionally and behaviourally troubled youth with all manner of diagnoses, I've come to understand that empathy cannot be taught.
Making fun of a medical condition is 100% relevant to this thread.

Frankly, it's EXACTLY what is happenning in this thread (by some anyways).
No - you are mistaken.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No - you are mistaken.
Well you sure put forward a convincing case that yall are NOT making fun of someone's handicap. Just because Trump did it, doesn't make it ok

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you sure put forward a convincing case that yall are NOT making fun of someone's handicap. Just because Trump did it, doesn't make it ok
The accusation against Trump and the reporter was debunked almost five years ago - repeating it does not make it suddenly true.

Beyond the Trumpwins -

No one is making fun of Biden's stuttering by pointing out the man does not know what he is talking about, makes repeated false statements and gaff's. The WhiteHouse is in perpetual reverse walking back all his blunders.

Upvote 0