Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God's fear's wisdom's start, wisdom's basis, and God's knowledge, of God who's holiness' essence, is understanding, since it acts to efforts in life.
A good morning to you Ttalkkugjil. Hope you have a blessed Son+day!

• Friendly
Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Prov 9:10 is one of the most profound verses in the Bible for me. It was instrumental in my study of the book of Job, because of its emphasis on the "fear of the Lord", and this being a "key" to why God described Job as He did.

It also ties into a book called "The Joy of Fearing God" by Jerry Bridges. It references Pr 14:27

"The fear of the Lord is a life-giving fountain."

Thank you for posting this today brother. It blessed me.

A very blessed Son+day to you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Prov 9:10 is one of the most profound verses in the Bible for me. It was instrumental in my study of the book of Job, because of its emphasis on the "fear of the Lord", and this being a "key" to why God described Job as He did.

It also ties into a book called "The Joy of Fearing God" by Jerry Bridges. It references Pr 14:27

"The fear of the Lord is a life-giving fountain."

Thank you for posting this today brother. It blessed me.

A very blessed Son+day to you.
So true Brinny. God is not your heavenly grandfather that will put up with you behaving any way you like. He is Holy, Pure and cannot even look upon sin. In Christ alone!

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So true Brinny. God is not your heavenly grandfather that will put up with you behaving any way you like. He is Holy, Pure and cannot even look upon sin. In Christ alone!

Amen. He is NOT a tottering ol' grandfather sitting in a rocking chair saying "that's nice" with a smile on his face to ev'ry thing we say and do.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0