• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Verse of the Day: Proverbs 13:20 KJV

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by D4L, Apr 15, 2019.

1. D4L

D4L Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,332
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. FIRESTORM314

FIRESTORM314 Well-Known Member Supporter

+377
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I wish that scripture would have registered in my grey matter in my early days. Funny thing is - sometimes these scriptures only make sense after learning the hard way. I can tick that one off as being true. :oldthumbsup:

Have a blessed day D4L

3. D4L

+1,332
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Thank you FIRESTORM314 for taking the time to comment and a good morning to you. Hope you have a blessed Monday!

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+105,790
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    What stood out for me is Proverbs 15, verse 8, as God expresses His abhorrence for "sacrifices" given from a wicked heart. It is not only an insult to Him, but an abomination. It brings Cain to mind.

There is a REASON that we are admonished to "examine" ourselves all throughout His Word. "Motives" are EVERYTHING when it comes to how/why we approach the living God.

Cain "by-passed" God's very clear and concise commandment, and had the audacity to attempt to approach God on his "own" terms. His "fruit"/"crops" that represented his "own" righteousness, were an affront, and a direct contradiction to what God commanded him to do. Yet he did so anyway.

He neither feared nor gave heed to God.

Who does that remind you of?

This verse below comes to mind.

Thank you for this powerfully profound reminder and admonition to examine our hearts, brother.

God bless you.

[​IMG]

5. D4L

+1,332
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Brinny, your meme very much describes the world we live in. It seems most people that i meet professes to be a Christian, but has reverence for God, and the things of God. In Christ alone!

6. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+105,790
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    The enemy is busy in a most ferocious way. Deception abounds. Let's keep praying, brother for God KNOWS all his tricks and schemes and deceptions. He, through His only begotten Son, has already defeated that ol' serpent, but that ol' serpent just doesn't want "us" to know or remember that.

God bless you...let's keep on keepin' on, brother.