✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning everyone! 191205

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV

#D4Lverse #D4L #Christianity #FIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Click the link below and enter your email address for free daily updates or to listen to today's Proverbs: 2 Timothy 2:15 Truth: Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV
View media item 62516

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a deeply rich study. This verse is powerful, and is a lead-in to what "child-ish-ness" means vs "child-like-ness" is.

Childishness is what the verse refers to, as it embodies sin supremely...selfish. self-centered, brutal lack of self-restraint (ever seen a 2 yr old take a toy and hit another 2 year old over the head with it?) and what is most pronounced: self-will.

childlikeness is the antithesis to the above. There is a humbleness of spirit, and an open heart towards God with an adoration that is unabashed, a thankful and grateful heart, and a DELIGHT in God.

This is why Jesus Himself told His disciples to hinder not the children running TO Him, and why He said that "such" are of the Kingdom of God, and that we must be as these children to enter the Kingdom of God.

Thank you for this delightful study and meditation this morning.

iu

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is a deeply rich study. This verse is powerful, and is a lead-in to what "child-ish-ness" means vs "child-like-ness" is.

Childishness is what the verse refers to, as it embodies sin supremely...selfish. self-centered, brutal lack of self-restraint (ever seen a 2 yr old take a toy and hit another 2 year old over the head with it?) and what is most pronounced: self-will.

childlikeness is the antithesis to the above. There is a humbleness of spirit, and an open heart towards God with an adoration that is unabashed, a thankful and grateful heart, and a DELIGHT in God.

This is why Jesus Himself told His disciples to hinder not the children running TO Him, and why He said that "such" are of the Kingdom of God, and that we must be as these children to enter the Kingdom of God.

Thank you for this delightful study and meditation this morning.

iu

Amen Brinny. I love the meme. Evil's target is the children. In Christ alone!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0