Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lets take the new testament a verse at a time. Post your favorate translation of the next verse make a comment if you like. But lets keep this moving.

Matthew 1:1 This is the family history of JESUS CHRIST. HE came from the family of David, and David came from the family of Abraham. (New Century Version)

Capitalization. You’ll get this very quickly but i capitalize all words that i type which refer to our Awesome GOD

all for JESUS!!:clap:

lonnie :wave:

Reactions: dellla

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Lorain, Ohio about 30 miles west of Cleveland on L
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:2 Abraham was the father of Isaac. Isaac was the father of Jacab. Jacab was the father of Judah and his brothers.

Do you know these people and their stories? Who was Isaac’s Mom? How old was she when he was born? Remember her trying to lie to the angels? Great stories!!

All for JESUS!!

lonnie

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:3 Judah was the father of Perez and Zerah (Their Mother was Tamar) Perez was the father of Hezron. Hezron was the father of Ram.

Do you know any of these people? If you want to read Tamar’s story it is in Genesis 38. Was what she did sinful?

All for JESUS!!

lonnie

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:4 Ram was the father of Amminadab. Amminadab was the father of Nahshon. Nashon was the father of Salmon.

I don’t know any of these. Do you? Anyone can jump in and put the next verse anytime they want to.

All for JESUS!!

lonnie

JESUS loves my twin boys who are 6 years old and want to see their names here: Matthew and Andrew.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ATShavuot said:
Matthew 1:5And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
Ruth is the same Ruth recorded in the awesome book of Ruth!!
Yes indeed!!

Matthew 1:6 Jesse was the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon. (Solomon's mother had been Uriah's wife.)

the low point of David's life became a high point. David sinned big time but he repented and wrote two great psalms about his sin and forgiveness. 39 and 52

all for JESUS!!:clap:
lonnie:wave:

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:7 Solomon was the father of Rehoboam. Rehoboam was the father of Abijah. Abijah was the father of Asa.

anyone know any of these people. If i remember correctly Rehoboam overtaxed the people and lost 10 tribes.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:8 Asa was the father of Jehoshaphat. Johoshaphat was the father of Jehoram. Jehoram was the ancestor of Uzziah.

I sure will be glad when we get to verse 17. Do you know any of these people?

all for JESUS!! (who was proud of his ancestors?)
lonnie

Upvote 0

dellla

striving to overcome
Nov 5, 2004
Inverness
✟15,504.00
Faith
Christian
Matthew 1:9

And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;

Some observe what a mixture there was of good and bad in the succession of these kings; as for instance (v. 7, 8), Wicked Roboam begat wicked Abia, wicked Abia begat good Asa, good Asa begat good Josaphat, good Josaphat begat wicked Joram.
Grace does not run in the blood, neither does reigning sin. God's grace is his own, and he gives or withholds it as he pleases.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:11And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

Thank you, Della, for posting here. I hope this area grows. i envision it as a verse by verse reflection. As we read the New Testament together we can have short discussions. which is why i usually post a question or comment with my verse.

all for JESUS!!
lonnie

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:12,13 NCV: After they were taken to Babylon: Jehoiachin was the father of Shealtiel. Shealtiel was the grandfather of Zerubbabel, Zerubbabel was the father of Abiud. Abiud was the father of Eliakim. Eliakim was the father of Azor.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1: 14 Azor was the father of Zadok. Zadok was the father of Akim. Akim was the father of Eliud. 15 Eliud was the father of Eleazar. Eleazar was the father of Matthan. Matthan was the father of Jacob. 16 Jacob was the father of Joseph. Joseph was the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus. Jesus is called the Christ. 17 So there were fourteen generations from Abraham to David. And there were fourteen generations from David until the people were taken to Babylon. And there were fourteen generations from the time when the people were taken to Babylon until Christ was born.

any comments on any of this? all of this has been history interesting history and in fact i'll probably make a point in Matthew 4 that this is history that we should read and study but the aim of this thread is to learn about and from JESUS so here we go!

all for JESUS!:clap:
lonnie:wave:

Upvote 0

dellla

striving to overcome
Nov 5, 2004
Inverness
✟15,504.00
Faith
Christian
Matthew 1;18

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Those in whom Christ is formed will show it: it will be found to be a work of God which he will own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dellla

striving to overcome
Nov 5, 2004
Inverness
✟15,504.00
Faith
Christian
Just as the Old Testament opens with the book of Genesis - the generation of the world - so the New Testament likewise begins as a book of Genesis - the generations of Jesus Christ.

It is to the OT glory that it begins such but the glory of the NT here excels in that it is the generation of Him that made the world.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:20 NCV While Joseph thought about these things, an angel of the LORD came to him in a dream. The angel said, "Joseph decendant of David, don't be afreaid to take Mary as your wife, because the baby in her is from the HOLY SPIRIT.

This guy had powerful dreams - he reminds me of the old Testament dreamer = Joseph!

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 1:21 NCV She will give birth to a SON and you will name HIM JESUS because HE will save HIS people from their sins.

i wonder what Joseph's reaction to that was. total amazement would have been my reaction

Upvote 0

dellla

striving to overcome
Nov 5, 2004
Inverness
✟15,504.00
Faith
Christian
Matthew 1:22

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

The prophecy here spoken of is that of the promise of a sign which God gave to king Ahaz in the book of Isaiah, chap 7: v 14....

The sign given is that the Messiah shall be born of a virgin.

It was intimated thus from the beginning when it was said that he should be the seed of the woman (Genesis 3 :15) and as not to be the seed of any man.

Christ was born of a virgin, not only because his birth was to be supernatural, and altogether extraordinary, but because it was to be spotless, and pure, and without any stain of sin, to teach us spiritual purity, to die to all the delights of sense, and so to keep ourselves unspotted from the world and the flesh that we may be presented chaste virgins to Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.