Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastoune

Jul 14, 2003
New York, NY, USA
✟1,694.00
Faith
Catholic
You know every time i have debated the issue of OSAS I am never disappointed because along with the old I know that a new argument will come up in there somehow. But I think the best one of all that I ever heard was that it can't be true and all of those scriptures weren't meant for us because God is too loving and wouldn't do that to us.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... there must be no Hell either...

Then the altime shocker for me was the time that someone said that they were Christian and they were saved but then didn't believe in the Bible either OT or NT nor that Christ walked the earth the way the Bible said because she couldn't trust the Bible. Also then discounted all of Christ's teachings. Now did I tell you this person said they were Christ...ian.
They come up with all types of excuses to discount things they are not comfortable with
:eek: So how can this person say he/she was "saved" when there seems to be no standard by which to judge such an assessment!

Upvote 0

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟18,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bastoune said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... there must be no Hell either...

:eek: So how can this person say he/she was "saved" when there seems to be no standard by which to judge such an assessment!

Bastoune-

No fair...you can't expect them to use logic! Shame on you!

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey I never said that it wasn't insane thinking Bastoune.... I love ya you know and well umm I have never thought it rational through the scriptures to believe any other way.
I just was relating some of the wild arguments given to support their position. Frankly I think wild isn't a strong enough word. But for lack of a better one right now.
Debs

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.