Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

@#%$@%#^$%&*$$!@#~%#!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I ought to know better by now than to go over there. I'm kicking myself in the pants right now. I just got finished reading a response to something I posted, and I couldn't even stay in my seat. Anytime they don't have an intelligent response to something they always fall back on the 'you-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about-you-only-repeat-what-Rome-tells-you'. AAAAAGGGGHHH!!! It's beyond insulting. I think I'll go break a few dishes.

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Oh my you really are venting!!!

I'm praying that even though your anger is justified, that it ease so you don't do something in anger that you don't mean to do.

And I do hope that posting about it helped out some. I know it helps me to get words out in e-mail or message form. :)

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:lol: : I've discovered that the best thing to do is agree with them. "You're absolutely right. I'm a poor, lost, deluded Mary-worshipper, entangled in a false religious system, and undoubtably bound for hell. And yes, all I know is what Rome tells me."

Then proceed to tell them exactly what it is that Rome tells you. ;)

There isn't any sense in letting your blood pressure go through the roof. :)

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Zoomom -

I saw you were posting over there in "No Man's Land". Things haven't changed one whit over there - and should we expect it to change - no.

All you can do is present the facts as we know them and pray the Holy Spirit to do the softening of those hard hearts! ;)

We love you here! I got one for you:

"Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us for we have had more than enough of contempt. Psalm 123:3

Don't hold them in contempt, but love them with Christ's love.

Upvote 0
ZooMom I am sorry about what happened. Although I have never been there myself, I am saddened that people would stoop to low brow tactics in response to posts. I pray your anger would not go too high and that whoever did this to you would be convicted and ashamed of this sin.

In Christ,

Jeff

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks you guys. You are all absolutely right. I just needed to let off some steam. But don't worry, I didn't kick my dog. Or the other poster. :) But we're on the 9th page of a thread and when I refuse to go back over it to repost specific information just for her, I get "It's not really there, is it? Thought so." She won't even read the thread from the beginning, but jumps on on the 8th page and expects us to start all over!

I may just stay away for a day or two. Of course by then they'll be claiming the 'victory' since I copped out. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the breathing room. Love you guys. ;)

God bless...

Sandy

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Hey Sandy, came home late and clicked on the site after 10:30 and saw your loooonnng post. All the scripture quotes, early fathers and other writings, you were doing a GREAT job. Then every thing was put down on a loooong rebuttal. So what else is new? Don't blame you for venting.

If we are to have a healthy faith, then we should not allow such attacks to get to us. I know some one needs to give the TRUTH of the Catholic beliefs on these boards, and I have done some posting there lately. Many times after reading a rant, I say a prayer, reply with a short post or simply walk away.

Sandy, you have come such a long way from the first posts I remember when you were in RCIA and asking so many questions. I will keep you in my prayers.

Kotton :)

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at it this way, Sandy----when you spend several hours researching a reply to some moronic accusation about rhe "paganistic" Catholic Church, nailing down evidence from Patristic sources, theology, and Magesterial or Conciliar documents, even if you don't convince the Fundies of anything, at least you have learned something useful, right? ;) So it's not like it's a complete waste of time.

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Kotton, that means alot to me. I have come a long way, and yet I know that I have barely scratched the surface. But I know I belong in the Church. I can look over my life and see the exact points where I made the choices that brought me here, and I know that it's right.

Wols, you're so right. Every time I look something up I get caught up in reading, and always go deeper than just what I need to make my point. It is so interesting to me to read things from hundreds of years ago and see and hear and feel the same faith and convictions that I hold right now. Incredible.

KC, I'm with you, my friend. I think any time spent on boards like that should definitely count as time served. :) ;)

God bless...

Sandy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am about to name theboardthatshallnotbenamed.

Arky it's the Left Behind Narrow Road. It's a pit. A black hole. It sucks you in and drains your life force. Healing prayers and exorcisms are recommended upon exit. Or you can just go to a safe, Catholic-friendly board where you can break down in peace. :) Like I did.

KC? Are there really any live chat sites friendly to poor, lost, deluded Catholics? ( Wols started that, so if I get a complex it's his fault. ;) ) I would love to be able to discuss a few things in real time with several ppl at once.

God bless...

Sandy

Upvote 0
V

VOW52

Sandy (and others) -

I QUIT going to LBMB. I just quit. The abuse towards Catholics was horrendous, and I took each blow personally. I tried to educate, and was continually torn to shreds.

Kirk steered me to the Pizza Parlor, and I eventually wandered over here.

Don't get me wrong, I still feel that I have a lot to share as far as Apologetics goes. But when you start running out of cheeks to make available, you begin to realize that some battles are not winnable.

For what it's worth, I'm still reading the "Left Behind" books, LOL. I try not to let the writers' obvious anti-Catholic prejudice get to me. And I find GREAT delight in that the "mark of the believer" appears as the smudge of ash we Catholics receive on Ash Wednesday. tee hee!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
A

Arkyrich

It occurs to me that you can only give explanations to people who want them or who are willing to listen to them. Even when I post in the Apologetics section of Rapture Ready, I get refusal to understand in return, but no hostility.

I would not post at any Board that is overtly hostile. It is pointless unless I harbored some minor masochistic tendencies. The likelihood of finding that one person who will hear you is so small that it just isn't worth taking the abuse.

I would debate one on one with an anti-Catholic. Him I might move. I know that Ed O'Hara who used to post a lot at the Unity Board and who became an Eastern Rite Catholic was once a very vocal anti-Catholic.

But teams of them? - let them wallow in their ignorance and hatred. IMHO, of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

Arkyrich

"You're absolutely right. I'm a poor, lost, deluded Mary-worshipper, entangled in a false religious system, and undoubtably bound for hell. And yes, all I know is what Rome tells me."

Then proceed to tell them exactly what it is that Rome tells you.

I like this. There should be an interesting reaction to admitting all that, and in addition, perhaps to admit that we dance with the devil and sell indulgences door-to-door.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sandy, try this site:

forum.catholic.org/discussion/index.html

I don't think it's a real-time live chat site, but you might find it soothing to your soul nevertheless. I hang out there a lot, just lurking and learning. :)

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
< quickly dons a raincoat while keeping an eye on Louis>

VOW it is so funny that you said that about the ashes. I thought the exact same thing. :)

Arky, I agree with you. I just haven't been able to shake it. Something in me just goes, "No, NO, NO!! They shouldn't be able to say that and get away with it!" Of course the masochism theory is viable. Why else would I have five kids? :D

Thanks for the site Wols! I'll check it out. :)

God bless...

Sandy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.