Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I know you didn't ask me ... but even if I understand why it might be done, if it goes against your conscience to do so, as they say, "for you it would be sin". That's how I understand it anyway. Of course, likewise, you can't impose your understanding on someone else, but I don't see you doing that.

Veneration of persons or things that are Holy, or asking intercessions of anyone alive or reposed, isn't required for salvation. But following your conscience by avoiding what you consider to be wrong would have more of a potential to affect your soul, I would think.

I always ask Mary and the Saints for intercession

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Your preference is immaterial. Your religion approves of it; as do your councils and Holy Tradition. You espouse your religion, so it is permitted therein. Hence, you agree with it in principle, even though, perhaps you personally refrain in practise. Also, everytime you genuflect, there is probably a relic in front of you. Hence, you are honouring it, even if you're forgetting that it's there. ;)

One has to remember what one is genuflecting in front of. I do!

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Goatee - you said <<One has to remember what one is genuflecting in front of. I do!>>

Surely you mean Who one is genuflecting to ? He Who saved you is in the Tabernacle

I meant, I check to see where I genuflect. Obviously the Tabernacle deserves 100% reverence and respect and prayer etc.

Upvote 0