Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2007
✟7,676.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pointform (Didn't expect to have to do it so soon)
-Racism is: "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" (Merriam-Webster)
-Evolution states that traits are passed on because they are superior.
-Thus, if evolution is true, some races are bound to be superior to others in certain respects.
-A guy filled skulls with mustard
-Hitler was an evolutionist.
-Darwin was a racist.

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pointform (Didn't expect to have to do it so soon)
-Racism is: "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" (Merriam-Webster)
No arguments. This definition works with me.
-Evolution states that traits are passed on because they are superior.
I wouldn't use the term superior. Traits are passed down because they lead to better survivability. It's hard to the dead to reproduce.

[quote-Thus, if evolution is true, some races are bound to be superior to others in certain respects. [/quote]
The only difference between the races is skin color (melanin content). Nothing about superiority. Only that those with less melanin get sunburns easier.

-A guy filled skulls with mustard
:confused: Huh? I don't understand. I never heard of this, nor do I understand what it has to do with either evolution or racism.

-Hitler was an evolutionist.
Assuming this is true: Hitler also thought that 1+1=2. Therefore addition is racist.
And I have a feeling you're thinking of social darwinism, which is pseudoscience and based on a faulty understanding of evolution.

-Darwin was a racist.
Assuming this is true: Good thing that biologists don't believe in the inerrant word of Darwin. It's the theory that matters. Please show how the theory makes a racist statement.

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Participation in this thread is limited to formal debate participants only.

If you are not one of the formal debate participants in this thread, your post has been moved to the thread entitled Vene debate - non-participant commentary. If you are not a participant and wish to comment on this debate, please do so in the thread linked above.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.