timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Switched to a more meaty diet some time ago because meat is cheaper where I am.

My body is actually picky of some veggies. I love the taste of veggies like tomatoes, spinach, etc but many of them. The main problem of veggies to my body is the toxicity. I can actually sense the effects.

However, the toxic effect of veggies to me have been dramatically reduced or in some cases, eliminated when I started intermittent fasting in combination with long, aerobic/endurance exercises within the fasting window.

Even my gut seemed to have adapted to digesting fiber from vegetables. I've been observing my products of digestion and it has become quite similar to when I am on meat-majority diet as with vegetable-majority diet with lots of fiber.

There were differences at first like greater volume and greater gut water retention with more fiber-rich veggies in diet. But has changed since.

The body adapts and this adaptation mechanism seems to be enhanced with intermittent fasting combined with relatively intense and long aerobic exercises.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Switched to a more meaty diet some time ago because meat is cheaper where I am.

My body is actually picky of some veggies. I love the taste of veggies like tomatoes, spinach, etc but many of them. The main problem of veggies to my body is the toxicity. I can actually sense the effects.

However, the toxic effect of veggies to me have been dramatically reduced or in some cases, eliminated when I started intermittent fasting in combination with long, aerobic/endurance exercises within the fasting window.

Even my gut seemed to have adapted to digesting fiber from vegetables. I've been observing my products of digestion and it has become quite similar to when I am on meat-majority diet as with vegetable-majority diet with lots of fiber.

There were differences at first like greater volume and greater gut water retention with more fiber-rich veggies in diet. But has changed since.

The body adapts and this adaptation mechanism seems to be enhanced with intermittent fasting combined with relatively intense and long aerobic exercises.
Yes, I hear it frequently and see it on myself too, that eating too many veggies is inflammatory, it can be seen on skin or felt in joints pain.

The question is if its cause are chemicals in the plants as such or pesticides and other poisons used in todays agriculture.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something is good for you, then it's not so good for you, then it's bad for you, then it's not so bad for you, then it's good for you again.
All food we eat is harmful in some amount. When it starts to be really felt differs between people, due to various allergies, sensitivity etc.

Therefore, varied, omnivorous diet (but composed of real food) seems to work best for the majority of people.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I hear it frequently and see it on myself too, that eating too many veggies is inflammatory, it can be seen on skin or felt in joints pain.

The question is if its cause are chemicals in the plants as such or pesticides and other poisons used in todays agriculture.

Oxalates or oxalic acid in some plants can cause inflammation in the joints, skin, and also any part of the body it comes into contact with.

The amount of oxalates and other toxins in the same plant or veggie may vary per season.

I read many years ago that plants have chemical defenses to make them more toxic to eat so that animal and people won't eat them. However, herbivorous animals are adapted to counteract these defenses and for us, cooking (usually boiling) plant parts will eliminate most of plant toxins.

The only significant symptoms I get from eating veggies used to be headaches and diarrhea, similar to poisoning.

I don't get these problems from eating veggies anymore months after adopting "intermittent fasting" which seemed to have made my body far more resistant to the effect of toxins.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oxalates or oxalic acid in some plants can cause inflammation in the joints, skin, and also any part of the body it comes into contact with.

The amount of oxalates and other toxins in the same plant or veggie may vary per season.

I read many years ago that plants have chemical defenses to make them more toxic to eat so that animal and people won't eat them. However, herbivorous animals are adapted to counteract these defenses and for us, cooking (usually boiling) plant parts will eliminate most of plant toxins.

The only significant symptoms I get from eating veggies used to be headaches and diarrhea, similar to poisoning.

I don't get these problems from eating veggies anymore months after adopting "intermittent fasting" which seemed to have made my body far more resistant to the effect of toxins.
Fasting sometimes (and/or time restricted eating daily) can really help the body, giving it time to deal properly with various problems, so they do not accumulate and do not transform into something chronic.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Fasting sometimes (and/or time restricted eating daily) can really help the body, giving it time to deal properly with various problems, so they do not accumulate and do not transform into something chronic.

Many animals have far shorter/less eating window than we do. It may point to a healthier lifestyle. Some may argue we have better "health" than animals but then we also have 24/7 access to modern medicine. Animals don't and yet they thrive.

Personally, I only eat twice a day with bigger portions. With around 9 and 14 hr gaps between meals. I seem to sleep better that way too. I get sleepy soon after each bigger portion meal. Allowing me to sleep twice a day to help deal with dynamic work shifts. The portions are relatively big to compensate for daily exercise.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many animals have far shorter/less eating window than we do. It may point to a healthier lifestyle. Some may argue we have better "health" than animals but then we also have 24/7 access to modern medicine. Animals don't and yet they thrive.

Personally, I only eat twice a day with bigger portions. With around 9 and 14 hr gaps between meals. I seem to sleep better that way too. I get sleepy soon after each bigger portion meal. Allowing me to sleep twice a day to help deal with dynamic work shifts. The portions are relatively big to compensate for daily exercise.
Sure, the vast majority of us eat more than we can use, so not eating for a time is a way to get rid of the accumulated resources.

Another great thing about fasting is that body can repair itself, put out fires caused by inflammatory food and sometimes even recycle our damaged proteins/senescent cells, during longer fasts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Genesis 1:29

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Genesis 1:29

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
Using Genesis as a guide for our diet is very similar to use Genesis as a guide for our astronomy, geology or biology.

It is not a scientific approach.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Using Genesis as a guide for our diet is very similar to use Genesis as a guide for our astronomy, geology or biology.

It is not a scientific approach.

As a Christian, I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly. Science would not disagree with Genesis entirely if you accounted everything.

- Experts frequently say the main problem with veggies is the high amount of carbs in it. True.

- Yet, science also discovered human beings if well trained, can run farther and maintain higher average speeds for longer distances than most animals could no matter how hard you train the animal. So it would seem we're not designed for sedentary lifestyles. God did not design us to be couch potatoes but to be one of the best, if not, the best long distance running creature on the planet. And for someone who is physically active enough and does not over-eat, a high carb diet would not be an issue.

- Our longest lived relative ate nothing but vegetables. Lived to the age of 95 without access to modern medicine, they were poor (but grew their vegetables which provided free source of food). They were the only known relatives who lived over the age of 80.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Experts frequently say the main problem with veggies is the high amount of carbs in it. True.
Antinutrients, oxalates, pesticides... and that our body is not equipped well for such diet. We are not herbivores. Most people have some digestion problem, regarding grains and similar. Also inflammation or allergic reactions of various kinds.

Many plants try to either kill or harm the eater enough to not eat them again, because they have no other survival mechanism. There is only few plants that are eatable, actually, and their nutrition value is not great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our longest lived relative ate nothing but vegetables. Lived to the age of 95 without access to modern medicine, they were poor (but grew their vegetables which provided free source of food). They were the only known relatives who lived over the age of 80.
Thats fine. But there are also smokers, heavy drinkers etc who live incredible long lifes, too. Human body can survive various even poisonous things, sometimes. But not too frequently.

Anyway, longevity is a complex thing, related also to fasting, air and water pollution, stress, nature vs city, social circle, purpose in life, sleep etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thats fine. But there are also smokers, heavy drinkers etc who live incredible long lifes, too. Human body can survive various even poisonous things, sometimes. But not too frequently.

Anyway, longevity is a complex thing, related also to fasting, air and water pollution, stress, nature vs city, social circle, purpose in life, sleep etc.

Cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular (CVD) disease runs in our family and many relatives died before reaching a ripe old age from either CVD or cancer or complication from diabetes. Many are poor and didn't get proper healthcare.

Probably with access to modern medicine. Our relative who died at 95 was never known to have ever gone to the hospital nor took meds. They were very poor. No electricity, etc. Lived a mixed urban and rural life.

Our grandparents in the father's side lived to mostly the same environment of mixed urban and rural life since they lived in the same place. Although they mixed meat in their diet and ate even more meat when they got old.

Many plants try to either kill or harm the eater, because they have no other survival mechanism. There is only few plants that are eatable, actually, and their nutrition value is not great.
Many plant toxins are neutralized by boiling. Obviously not cyanides.

In my jungle survival handbook, it mentioned that many relatively toxic wild plants can be made edible by boiling.

• Useful
Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many plant toxins are neutralized by boiling. Obviously not cyanides.

In my jungle survival handbook, it mentioned that many relatively toxic wild plants can be made edible by boiling.
I do not know how many poisons in plants are neutralized by boiling, but the ideal nutrition is still something more than just "now the plant will not kill me or harm my body much".

Which is the point of the OP video - the ideal nutrition for humans, not just "how to survive the wrong food".

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not know who is this reaction youtuber "gojiman", but Dr. Ken Berry is a legit medical doctor with a real practice.

But there are many others, it does not stand or fall with just one Dr.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure, and not every plant is edible. The point is plants, edible plants, especially without pesticides. (see Dirty Dozen™ Fruits and Vegetables with the Most Pesticides) are basically GOOD for us. The Game Changers Official Film Website | Documentary
If you find some edible plants, you must still do quite a lot of alchemy and magic to stay healthy on a purely plant based diet. Even the most skilled plant eaters frequently add at least dairy or else their health will deteriorate with time.

It simply does not have the proper nutrition and is rather an emergency source of food for humans.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you find some edible plants, you must still do quite a lot of alchemy and magic to stay healthy on a purely plant based diet. Even the most skilled plant eaters frequently add at least dairy or else their health will deteriorate with time.

It simply does not have the proper nutrition and is rather an emergency source of food for humans.

I am sure we could swap sources all day. I got a legit medical doctor also. Dr Michael Gregor, MD.
Nothing magic about it.

Upvote 0