Laurart

Sep 29, 2011
Virginia
✟15,224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I made this soup two nights ago and my husband loved it. I like to cook with lintels because you don’t have to soak them like you do dried beans. Just rinse them off under cold running water in a strainer and pick out the ones that look really dark. We ate this with homemade pita chips.

1 cup dried lintels
1 ½ cups diced organic tomatoes
1medium diced organic onion
1 cup frozen diced organic spinach thawed
1 cup frozen cut organic green beans
6 cups vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook on low in crock pot for 5 hours.

Another dish I made recently was lettuce tacos. Instead of taco shells we wrapped the fillings in large romaine lettuce leaves. It makes a lot, so we ate these for several nights for dinner. We make our own taco seasoning because the prepackaged stuff has chemicals and sugar that we don’t want to eat. I suggest that you get organic veggies if possible.

1 cup organic forbidden rice (we get this at our local co-op. It has a nutty flavor and is really nutrient rich)
½ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup finely diced red or orange bell pepper
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ cup frozen yellow corn thawed
1 package meatless ground (12 ounces)
1 can organic black beans
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
Organic salsa
½ cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
One jalapeño finely diced (optional)
1 ½ heads of fresh organic romaine lettuce
Salt to taste

Cook rice and set to the side. While the rice is cooking, drain and rinse the can of black beans. Place them in a blender and pulse until smooth. We use this instead of refried beans because I like the flavor better. Remove from blender and set aside. You can pop these in the microwave right before serving the tacos. Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and put on medium heat. Once heated add onions, bell pepper, corn, jalapeno and tomatoes. Cook until onions are clear, stirring occasionally. Mix the ground cumin, paprika, salt, and garlic powder into two tablespoons of warm water then add it to the pan. Add the package of meatless ground to the pan and mix it with the pans contents. You just have to heat the meatless ground. It sounds gross, but I can’t tell the difference between it and the meat from Taco Bell. Once the water has cooked down, remove pan from heat. Gently peal the leaves of lettuce off of the head, rinse them with cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Now you can add your black bean dip, rice and a small amount of the vegetable mix to the lettuce leaf. Top with a small amount of cheese and salsa. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2012
✟15,120.00
Faith
Utrecht
Here are my favourite vegetarian recipes, you could have a try. These are very healthy.

Chickpeas: Drain a few cans, add green peas from frozne not canned. Canned green peas are horrible, and some herbs, tomatoes, cucumber peeled, asparagus, artichoke hearts and salt pepper and a little dressing. Keep in fridge till next day. Make a lot, eat for a few days.

Baked tofu with soypeanut sauce: peanut butter just a little, soysauce, red chilli tiny bit, cover the baked tofu in slices, serve with spinach and steamed kale, some freshly made chickpeas and black beans.

Yoghrut: take plain white yoghurt. Add dreid fruit, prunes, apricots, pears, and stir gently through the yog. Store in fridge. Next day, take half the yoghurt, put in a tuppoerware, add your fave cereal grape nuts and special K are very good, even if SPecial K is full of crap, rice cakes are also good and add clumps of the cereal. Top with another load of yoghurt with fruit, don't stir yet.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single