• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Vegetables Not Green Bean Casserole

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by Phoebe Ann, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+9,201
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I'm looking for a mixture of roasted vegetables for Thanksgiving. Is there an easy way to prepare these?

Please, NO green beans.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+1,244
    Christian
    Married
    That's just wrong. Green beans are the best vegetables in existance.

3. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+5,825
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Try making a fresh fried ocra or try making a brocolli, carrot, squash, and cheese casserole.

For delicious veggie snacks: You could try doing a slightly spicy guacamole dip with cream, or pico sauce with plantain chips. Plantain chips can be found in the Latino aisle at Walmart. They taste very close to potato chips without all the heavy carb count. If you lightly heat the chips for a short amount of time without drying them out, they are even more delicious.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+4,470
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    What about just chopping up a bunch of different vegetables and then roasting them? Could even season them with some sort of buttery garlic sauce.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+5,160
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Just roasted mushrooms with sliced onions, roasted red peppers, roasted zucchini, mixed together with roasted garlic ( usually have either roasted or fermented garlic on hand) added hot paprika, and turmeric (cause if you're over 60, you better eat a lot more turmeric to prevent dementia!) and some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, of course. You can stop there--or in my case, am adding Garlic Alfredo sauce and a box of spaghetti--yum.
    Don't forget the fresh parm.
    Wish hubby was here---he loved this.

6. Phoebe Ann

+9,201
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I just have to take into account different roasting times for them to be done; maybe use olive oil and garlic.

7. Phoebe Ann

+9,201
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Oh...yum! I have to omit red peppers as they cause inflamation of the joints and any hot spicy foods upset my digestion. I'm going to kitchen now --- geting hungty! ^_^

8. Phoebe Ann

+9,201
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    THANKS, EVERYONE! :clap: