Vegetables Not Green Bean Casserole

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm looking for a mixture of roasted vegetables for Thanksgiving. Is there an easy way to prepare these?

Please, NO green beans.
That's just wrong. Green beans are the best vegetables in existance.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Try making a fresh fried ocra or try making a brocolli, carrot, squash, and cheese casserole.

For delicious veggie snacks: You could try doing a slightly spicy guacamole dip with cream, or pico sauce with plantain chips. Plantain chips can be found in the Latino aisle at Walmart. They taste very close to potato chips without all the heavy carb count. If you lightly heat the chips for a short amount of time without drying them out, they are even more delicious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Just roasted mushrooms with sliced onions, roasted red peppers, roasted zucchini, mixed together with roasted garlic ( usually have either roasted or fermented garlic on hand) added hot paprika, and turmeric (cause if you're over 60, you better eat a lot more turmeric to prevent dementia!) and some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, of course. You can stop there--or in my case, am adding Garlic Alfredo sauce and a box of spaghetti--yum.
Don't forget the fresh parm.
Wish hubby was here---he loved this.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What about just chopping up a bunch of different vegetables and then roasting them? Could even season them with some sort of buttery garlic sauce.
I just have to take into account different roasting times for them to be done; maybe use olive oil and garlic.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Just roasted mushrooms with sliced onions, roasted red peppers, roasted zucchini, mixed together with roasted garlic ( usually have either roasted or fermented garlic on hand) added hot paprika, and turmeric (cause if you're over 60, you better eat a lot more turmeric to prevent dementia!) and some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, of course. You can stop there--or in my case, am adding Garlic Alfredo sauce and a box of spaghetti--yum.
Don't forget the fresh parm.
Wish hubby was here---he loved this.

Oh...yum! I have to omit red peppers as they cause inflamation of the joints and any hot spicy foods upset my digestion. I'm going to kitchen now --- geting hungty! ^_^

Upvote 0