Not open for further replies.

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No matter what people say, I truly believe that God told me to be vegan. He gave me the strength to watch those horrifying videos. He helped me with the transition. Page 1 of the bible says that Adam and Eve were vegans before they sinned. Not saying eating meat is a sin. I'm just pointing out that they were healthy and didn't eat meat. I know some people don't believe that animals have souls, but they still feel pain. I believe, that animals are God's not ours to slaughter and torture. You may be thinking, I don't slaughter the animal. While that may be true, you pay others to do it for you when you purchase your meat. Take a look at the World Health Organization, they say that processed meat can cause cancer! I hope that those who look at this forum, can think about what they are eating. You may also think that it is already dead, but when you buy it, you give them more money to do it again. Supply on demand. Not saying you have to go vegan, just saying that for me, I think it brought me closer to God.
Sources:
101 reasons to go vegan
jesuspeopleforanimals.com
World Health Organization

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I eat like a vegan 6 days out of 7. According to what God commanded to Moses, when you brought a sin offering to the Temple, you laid your hands on an animal and then slit its throat. If the animal suffered, then the offering was not acceptable, so I'd agree we shouldn't torture animals and factory farming is abominable, but I don't think there are any grounds to say that it is wrong to kill and eat clean animals. With some offerings a portion was given back to you to eat, which was considered eating at the Lord's table.

I would agree that many people underestimate how much our diet affects our health. However, keep in mind that even a vegan diet involves animal deaths, so as those that are killed when clearing of field or because of pesticides, so a diet that causes the least amount of animal deaths actually includes meat. It's another issue whether it is healthy to eat processed meat with growth hormones.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I eat like a vegan 6 days out of 7. According to what God commanded to Moses, when you brought a sin offering to the Temple, you laid your hands on an animal and then slit its throat. If the animal suffered, then the offering was not acceptable, so I'd agree we shouldn't torture animals and factory farming is abominable, but I don't think there are any grounds to say that it is wrong to kill and eat clean animals. With some offerings a portion was given back to you to eat, which was considered eating at the Lord's table.

I would agree that many people underestimate how much our diet affects our health. However, keep in mind that even a vegan diet involves animal deaths, so as those that are killed when clearing of field or because of pesticides, so a diet that causes the least amount of animal deaths actually includes meat. It's another issue whether it is healthy to eat processed meat with growth hormones.

I think it's great that you opt for healthier options 6 out of 7 days. What I also meant to write was, eating meat destroys God's earth. I love God, I don't want to torture any of his creations that feel pain. I like that you pointed out that I could be killing animals by eating vegetables, but I don't intentionally eat its body and the animals that died lived a happy life. I don't want to offend you, but actually I save over 1,000 gallons of water a day and the rainforest. You talk about eating "clean" meat, I'm not sure what you meant. If you mean hunting, it's even more tortuous. I don't want to get into detail, for I fear I might offend you. Didn't a passage in the bible say that it is a sin to crop comingle? Well, this is similar, the factory farms change the animals to be fat (more meat that way). So while they are alive they are changing them to cater to their meal. I highly recommend you check out this website, I am glad your open minded about this!
http://www.jesuspeopleforanimals.com/

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter what people say, I truly believe that God told me to be vegan. He gave me the strength to watch those horrifying videos. He helped me with the transition. Page 1 of the bible says that Adam and Eve were vegans before they sinned. Not saying eating meat is a sin. I'm just pointing out that they were healthy and didn't eat meat. I know some people don't believe that animals have souls, but they still feel pain. I believe, that animals are God's not ours to slaughter and torture. You may be thinking, I don't slaughter the animal. While that may be true, you pay others to do it for you when you purchase your meat. Take a look at the World Health Organization, they say that processed meat can cause cancer! I hope that those who look at this forum, can think about what they are eating. You may also think that it is already dead, but when you buy it, you give them more money to do it again. Supply on demand. Not saying you have to go vegan, just saying that for me, I think it brought me closer to God.
Sources:
101 reasons to go vegan
jesuspeopleforanimals.com
World Health Organization

I too have been trying to go all out Vegan, however, I do like salmon. I do eat more veggies and fruits on average, and grains though not too much since it turns to gluten in the body. I watched the Cowspericy documentary on Netflix and that was an eye opener!

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I too have been trying to go all out Vegan, however, I do like salmon. I do eat more veggies and fruits on average, and grains though not too much since it turns to gluten in the body. I watched the Cowspericy documentary on Netflix and that was an eye opener!

Hi,

I'm glad that you are trying to be vegan! They have so many substitutes for things, they even have vegan eggs and tuna! I haven't tried it but I have tried the "bacon"! It is so awesome!! Watch 101 reasons to go vegan and your life will change! Search what I eat in a day vegan and see what vegans eat! People like restore my faith in humanity.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Please don't worry about offending me, I don't get offended easily, especially when it is unintentional, and I honestly don't know what would I should find offensive about you saving 1,000 gallons of water a day because that seems to me like something good. I eating 6 days out of 7 because I eat at potlucks once a week, and it's easier to just let it slide than to worry about the ingredients in each dish. I meant clean meant as in clean and unclean animals, so the nice thing about being vegan is that I'm also keeping kosher. Yes, there is a passage about not mixing crops, but I'm not sure what that has to do with fattening up animals to eat. I don't think killing an animal for food equates to torture because torture refers to intentionally inflicting pain.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Please don't worry about offending me, I don't get offended easily, especially when it is unintentional, and I honestly don't know what would I should find offensive about you saving 1,000 gallons of water a day because that seems to me like something good. I eating 6 days out of 7 because I eat at potlucks once a week, and it's easier to just let it slide than to worry about the ingredients in each dish. I meant clean meant as in clean and unclean animals, so the nice thing about being vegan is that I'm also keeping kosher. Yes, there is a passage about not mixing crops, but I'm not sure what that has to do with fattening up animals to eat. I don't think killing an animal for food equates to torture because torture refers to intentionally inflicting pain.

Hi,
I found it hard at first when I went out to eat or I went to a BBQ, but I felt so strongly about it that none of it looked appetizing. I simply just asked if they used any animal products and everyone was super nice and understanding. They actually admired me for being vegan, like I was brave! I know your kind of religion believes in clean and unclean animals but in the factory farms (had to watch a disgusting video) the animals were so dirty. It was so disgusting, the cows were like caked in manure and the chickens had no beaks. The feathers were half gone! I believe the crop co-mingling is really like what the name says because the cows are bred to be fat. What are cows? They are domestic animals that the humans made up! God said that someday he wants all animals to be vegan. They said stuff like the lion will play with the gazzelle and live in harmony. If he wants the animals to be vegan, why can't we? Haven't you ever compared yourself to a carnivore? We have no claws, no HUGE canines, and we have a long digestive system. The carnivores have short intestines and acids to break up the meat quick. We have a long intestine, which allows the meat to rot in your stomach (not to gross you out). We are classified as primates, which are all vegans if you hadn't noticed. If all of the primates are vegans, why can't we be? We are just as healthy without meat. We are so close to gorillas in how our minds work and our bodies but they eat vegan. In the factory farms, I say live video of them kicking animals and putting bullets to the head of some animals! I watched Food inc. and I thought it was a good example of the tortures they had to endure, the chickens couldn't stand up for more than 5 seconds because they were bred to be fat. They weren't even fed what they are supposed to eat! Why? To save a buck, all of the meat industries just want money! It's actually scientifically proven that even a fish feels pain. Thanks for responding, @Soyeong :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally get what you're saying @Ilovegod888 as I have read this book called The Beauty Detox Solution and it covers our anatomy and what we are really built to handle vs the carnivores! So yes, I support this. The only trouble I'm having is finding a place that's close to where I live to buy organic food.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I totally get what you're saying @Ilovegod888 as I have read this book called The Beauty Detox Solution and it covers our anatomy and what we are really built to handle vs the carnivores! So yes, I support this. The only trouble I'm having is finding a place that's close to where I live to buy organic food.

Where I live, there is a grocery store named Whole Foods. I haven't heard of the book, I'll make sure to check it out. Like avocados and bananas you don't have to buy organic. Stuff that has a tough skin that you don't eat, doesn't need to be organic. Whole foods has all of these awesome substitutes like fake cheese and fake bacon. I understand, it's always a transition to being vegan, it took me a year! But I wish you good luck in finding a good grocery store!

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I fully support your decision. I used to be vegan. I know eat meat and animal products that are humanely raised. I am 100% against factory farming.
Read PETA, no offensive but, there is no humanely raised products. It's a marketing strategy. I used to get my eggs from this humanely raised farm, and then I found out that they kill all the male chicks. The male chicks have no use to them so they are ground up in a bag. Even at Whole Foods, Happy Humane raised meat turned out to be very disgusting. When I was a Vegetarian, I wanted to still drink milk. But when I learned that they kill the baby cow so that I could drink the milk, I was displeased. The milk claimed to be humane. Let me ask you this, is slaughtering an animal for your benefit right? Or humane? If you read more of this forum, you will know that meat and animal products aren't as healthy as they claim. They can't even, legally, market their products as healthy or nutritious. I am not saying to go vegan to anybody, I just want people to be aware of what they eat. Thanks for responding! @gerbilgirl

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Well, @Soyeong, I disagree. As Ilovegod888 says, there is no clean or unclean meat. All meat is the flesh of an animal, and whether or not you view it as clean, I think that's pretty disgusting. You should watch Earthlings, it would change your mind. Also, you said that the animals don't feel tortured, and sorry, but I find that ridiculous. Once again, if you watched Earthlings, you wouldn't be saying that. Let me explain it this way. These people who own the factory farms INTENTIONALLY CHOOSE not to give the animals proper food, water, and shelter or space, so technically they are intentionally inflicting pain on the animal. And they do it to save a buck. I wish you were more educated on this topic. I feel like if you were, you would agree. I hope you don't find this offensive, after all it's my "opinion," so have a good day!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well, @Soyeong, I disagree. As Ilovegod888 says, there is no clean or unclean meat. All meat is the flesh of an animal, and whether or not you view it as clean, I think that's pretty disgusting. You should watch Earthlings, it would change your mind. Also, you said that the animals don't feel tortured, and sorry, but I find that ridiculous. Once again, if you watched Earthlings, you wouldn't be saying that. Let me explain it this way. These people who own the factory farms INTENTIONALLY CHOOSE not to give the animals proper food, water, and shelter or space, so technically they are intentionally inflicting pain on the animal. And they do it to save a buck. I wish you were more educated on this topic. I feel like if you were, you would agree. I hope you don't find this offensive, after all it's my "opinion," so have a good day!

God says that there is clean and unclean meat, so yes there is clean and unclean meat. Whether clean meat is disgusting is a separate, though possibly related issue because it might be unclean for some of the same reasons God declared it to be. For instance, meat of carnivores is unclean and has a higher level of toxicity than meat of herbivores, but does feeding meat to herbivores change God's designation?

I've already said in this thread that factory farms are abominable and I agree that their treatment amounts to torture, but what I said, and what I stand by, is that killing an animal in itself for food is not torture. Not every animal eaten for food is mistreated. I don't get offended easily, especially not by people who aren't trying to offend me, so don't worry about that.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
God says that there is clean and unclean meat, so yes there is clean and unclean meat. Whether clean meat is disgusting is a separate, though possibly related issue because it might be unclean for some of the same reasons God declared it to be. For instance, meat of carnivores is unclean and has a higher level of toxicity than meat of herbivores, but does feeding meat to herbivores change God's designation?

I've already said in this thread that factory farms are abominable and I agree that their treatment amounts to torture, but what I said, and what I stand by, is that killing an animal in itself for food is not torture. Not every animal eaten for food is mistreated. I don't get offended easily, especially not by people who aren't trying to offend me, so don't worry about that.

Well, I don't agree with your belief. Regardless, I don't think that there will ever be any strong proof or fact that will ever make me want to eat meat. Not eating meat is the most logical and best thing I've ever done! Watch 101 reasons to go vegan on YouTube, and you might agree. Thank you for your comment!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't agree with your belief. Regardless, I don't think that there will ever be any strong proof or fact that will ever make me want to eat meat. Not eating meat is the most logical and best thing I've ever done! Watch 101 reasons to go vegan on YouTube, and you might agree. Thank you for your comment!

You listed your faith as non-denominational, which I understand to be within Christianity. Paul said that all Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, rebuking, correcting, training in righteousness, and equipping us every good work, and last I checked Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are Scripture.

If you lived in a society where there was no factory farming, no growth hormones or anything like that, and all animals were treated humanely and free-ranged, would you find eating meat acceptable?

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
You listed your faith as non-denominational, which I understand to be within Christianity. Paul said that all Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, rebuking, correcting, training in righteousness, and equipping us every good work, and last I checked Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are Scripture.

If you lived in a society where there was no factory farming, no growth hormone or anything like that, and all animals were treated humanely and free-ranged, would you find eating meat acceptable?

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize. That was a mistake. I believe in God, but I do not read anything like the bible. To answer your question, I believe that God created us to live in harmony with animals, so no, eating other animals to me is wrong. Would you eat your dog? Would you eat your friend? To me, I see no difference between a pig and a dog. They both feel pain, fear, happiness, and pleasure. Thank you for your comment!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm new to this forum, so I apologize. That was a mistake. I believe in God, but I do not read anything like the bible. To answer your question, I believe that God created us to live in harmony with animals, so no, eating other animals to me is wrong. Would you eat your dog? Would you eat your friend? To me, I see no difference between a pig and a dog. They both feel pain, fear, happiness, and pleasure. Thank you for your comment!

How do you know that God created us to live in harmony with animals? Why is it some animals are free to eat other animals, but that we are to live in harmony with them? I wouldn't eat either a dog or a pig, but some people keep pigs as pets, and I understand not wanting to kill an animal for food that I've grown attached to. However, what about eating an animal that has died of natural causes?

Reactions: pastor marty
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.