Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me preface this by saying I AM NOT VEGAN. Before I started my current diet I was a connoisseur of the grill and smoker. But I am on a diet that is white meat-only, dairy- and gluten-free, and 70% vegetables, and it is well past my usual cooking capabilities, so I am looking for more recipes to add to my repertoire and "vegan" is the best way to describe my restrictions.

So...HIT ME!

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Let me preface this by saying I AM NOT VEGAN. Before I started my current diet I was a connoisseur of the grill and smoker. But I am on a diet that is white meat-only, dairy- and gluten-free, and 70% vegetables, and it is well past my usual cooking capabilities, so I am looking for more recipes to add to my repertoire and "vegan" is the best way to describe my restrictions.

So...HIT ME!

Well I would just pick your favourite recipe or type of food and hit google. Example: Vegan lasagne... and you will get the desired response, you will have cook it of course. Then just throw in you chicken/white meat (although this obviously isn't vegan).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MaryTres

Aug 24, 2015
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi got this idea from my mom who's trying a new similar diet after moving into one of the new Christian friendly condos for sale in Scarborough. It kind of build's on Eyes Wide Open's idea as well. Simply remove the non vegan parts of you're favourite dishes. Stiry fry with meat = vegetables and tofu, add some flax seeds to jam to replace the protein you may normally get from eggs in the morning, and otherwise check out this site for some great relatively simple vegan cooking ideas http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-and-easy-vegetarian-recipes

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've tried it and it works pretty good to replace any meat in a recipe with fried or sauteed mushrooms. For some recipes you will need to brown the mushrooms to a very dark texture; like for a pot roast flavor; also add a packet of high quality brown gravy mix.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've tried it and it works pretty good to replace any meat in a recipe with fried or sauteed mushrooms. For some recipes you will need to brown the mushrooms to a very dark texture; like for a pot roast flavor; also add a packet of high quality brown gravy mix.

I'm allergic to mushrooms. :|

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vegan meatballs

I have been looking for meat alternatives (just to have alternative recipes on hand) just the know how basically because I am not a vegan.

I fell on this particular recipe over at youtube while looking for dog bone recipes (he makes those too) and I had posted the recipe for that here already.

You will see the video over at the site, (above is just a pic of the video) but the recipe (written out) is beneath the video. It might be best to watch it first, very easy though. The channel name that its from is something like, "orthodox cooking channel" which is sort of strange to me, because then I think what would an unorthodox cooking show look like? Especially when neither are really talking about God but making food for the belly? And what is orthodox food? So maybe I am just out of touch.

http://occs.peterandpauloca.com/2013/10/16/episode-3-un-meatballs/

I did test this recipe out and these really are amazing (I will admit) and like I said, I am not a vegan or typically crazy about a lot of vegan "immitation this" or "that's".

But you really have to try these to believe it, these were really great.

For anyone looking for a vegan alternative for meatballs this one should do it.

I had tried this other vegan breakfast sausage recipe too that is pretty good. I gotta look for that one if anyones interested. Its not real sausage but an oatmeal mixture which is spiced up in such a way that it tastes like sausage. These are boiled in a beef boullion and afterwards are fried as well.

Upvote 0