Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whatever. :sick: I am so tired of this new politicized Church.. and especially since this papacy seems to specialize in mixed messages speaking out of both sides of its mouth.Mark my words. Converts are going to drop out while those that are wanting one foot in the world while having the appearance of the 'Church' to validate this wishy washy ideology are going to join. This is pretty much the nail in the coffin for a lots of us. I cannot stand the politicized emphasise of the Faith. What a stupid statement to excuse this ridiculous move to try to please all the people all the time. I'm disgusted. :sick:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Whatever. :sick: I am so tired of the Church.. and esoecially since this oaoacy speaking out of both sides of its mouth.Mark my words. Converts are going to drop out whikr those that are wanting one foot in the world while having the appearance of the 'Church' to vsludate
I think you were hopping mad when you typed this. All the spelling and punctuation mistakes that you rarely if ever make. I saw this award and just about puked. Breathe a bit. That's what I had to tell myself.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've lived with abortion since I was 12. I'm sick of people that have no idea of what that means. Rewarding these types of obscenities. Hopping mad? Not even close. I feel like I've been conned.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 6

14 Do not be mismated with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Be′lial? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,

“I will live in them and move among them,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
17 Therefore come out from them,
and be separate from them, says the Lord,
and touch nothing unclean;
then I will welcome you,
18 and I will be a father to you,
and you shall be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”​

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without favor, doing nothing from partiality." - 1 Timothy 5:20-21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
she should have been told that the blood of the innocent is on her hands and to repent for the day of wrath is coming
She should still be told that. If pope Francis is wondering what to say when he unawards her, he could do no better than to say exactly this. And if she changes her position by some miracle, re-award her the award.

Reactions: Tomm
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't see how a pope would do such a thing as give an award to someone who promotes abortion.

It's an action that is diametrically opposed to the purpose of having a Pope.
Politics. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
These are the exact same sorts of arguments that Notre Dame used when it decided to grant President Obama an honorary degree in law. The claim there was that they always invite the president to speak, and they always grant their commencement speakers honorary degrees, but that the honorary degree did not in any way imply that they agreed with the speaker in any way.

Strangely, President Trump was never invited to speak nor was he awarded an honorary degree...

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
These are the exact same sorts of arguments that Notre Dame used when it decided to grant President Obama an honorary degree in law. The claim there was that they always invite the president to speak, and they always grant their commencement speakers honorary degrees, but that the honorary degree did not in any way imply that they agreed with the speaker in any way.

Strangely, President Trump was never invited to speak nor was he awarded an honorary degree...
Good point. There is no chance that today's Vatican would offer President Trump an honorary award.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

This is exactly it. Imagine how they would bend over backwards NOT to give any awards to the Trump entourage so as not to give even the hint of the possibility of support for him. And maybe that would be a good thing to avoid. But they blew it on this award, whether done by accident or on purpose.

I remember Notre Dame very specifically saying they were honoring the office of president and not the man, thus an award for Obama just had to be. Then conveniently deciding they would not honor the president because that would honor the man in the case of Trump. Hypocrisy. Does the Vatican practice the same sort of thing? If the award stands, I would tend to think so.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is exactly it. Imagine how they would bend over backwards NOT to give any awards to the Trump entourage so as not to give even the hint of the possibility of support for him. And maybe that would be a good thing to avoid. But they blew it on this award, whether done by accident or on purpose.

I remember Notre Dame very specifically saying they were honoring the office of president and not the man, thus an award for Obama just had to be. Then conveniently deciding they would not honor the president because that would honor the man in the case of Trump. Hypocrisy. Does the Vatican practice the same sort of thing? If the award stands, I would tend to think so.

Even if they weren't hypocritical about when they apply these standards, giving awards as an "honor to the office" would still be ridiculous. If these honors can be given to unworthy recipients in these cases, that means that the honors don't inherently carry any support. As such, we wouldn't be able to say that any other recipient is supported by the pope (in the case of papal honors) or is deemed worthy of a degree for their accomplishments (in the case of Notre Dame).

I can't imagine that other recipients of these honors are too happy to hear the arguments that the honors don't really mean anything.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0