ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am talking about the Israel of God, spiritual Israel, not the present, physical nation. If, we have been grafted, adopted, accepted into the Israel of God, then we need to follow all that He has Commanded us... eternal moral Law, not the fulfilled ceremonial law.

If you would remember we are inheritors of the promise to Abraham. There are now no Jews or Gentiles according to God. What exactly does that do to the signs given to the nation of Israel?

Two part question. Where exactly do you find in the Bible that we are free from the "ceremonial" laws given to Israel as opposed to the "moral" ones, and if this is so, why wouldn't a sign given exclusively to Israel not be ceremonial? Wouldn't a moral law be universal?

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
quote=stinsonmarri;58445636
Ricker:

You stated: Why are so quick to think that "commandments" in Revelation mean specifically the ten given to Israel?

Why are you so quick to think that ten mean one-ten instead of ten to the power? Also this word ten was never used by Yahweh to Moses:

And YAHWEH said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, andcommandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them. Ex 24:12

In the book of Moses in three texts will you see the word ten and no where else in the Bible. If most would understand even the consistution they would understand how laws are written with the topic and the explanation of the topic.

And he was there with YAHWEH forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments. Ex 34:28

Moses stayed on the mountain with the YAHWEH for forty days and nights, without eating or drinking. And he wrote down the Ten Commandments, the most important part of Elohim's agreement with his people. (CEV) Ex 34:28
To be honest I'm not exactly sure what you mean by all this. I do know that there are added sentiments to Ex.34:28.
28 Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments

I also know that the Sabbath command was explaned as a sign and a covenant exclusively with Israel before the tablets on which the ten were written was given to Israel according to Ex. 31.

Now here is the problem in "quick thinking," and not studying both the syntax and context also the meaning of words not in the English but in the original Hebrew. You also must realize who translated the Bible and why do all translations have a preface for you to read that most do not read! It explains carefully about translation and transliteration which one is sentence structure and the other is the exact word from word from the original language to English. You also must take in account the translators point of view because most are base on how they believe and the problem now comes in not understanding but interpretation. So where should we go to get the complete truth from a lexicon or word for word transliteration of course. But you also can just look in any Bible to come up with the right conclusion as I will show you.

Yahweh first spoke out of the cloud His discourse and was about to break these topics down when He was interrupted by the people who was petrified. Ex 20:18-21 He told the people to go into their tents and then He continue to speak they still heard Him but did see the lightning, thunder, smoke and the mountain trembling from His powerful voice. Moses stayed outside and then Yahweh continued which is Ex Chapters 20-23. The Bible never gave us how long this was but Moses in Deut 5:22-33 finish the story. When Moses return the second time to the mountain for Yahweh to write again what He originally wrote the first time the Bible said He spoke and wrote and it took forty days and night. Now you can believe what you choose but the Bible make it clear before Moses and after that Yahweh's had law, commandments, judgments and statues and they all were on the two tables. These tables were place inside the Ark of the Covenant called Yahweh's Testimony. Ex 31:18

That God had law and commands to persons or people before Sinai is not questioned. That the unclean laws and the sabbath sign and the priest laws and the sacrifice laws and the other hundreds of laws existed before Sinai is not at all clear.

When John uses the greek word he used in that passage, he consistently used it to mean "teaching", not "law."

I would advise you to please get a Hebrew and Greek Dictionary because you are wrong again.

Can you show me times where John uses the word "entole" to mean law and not teachings?

I think you already know the answer because worshiping on Sunday would make no sense because you have said that it took the place of Yahweh's Sabbath. Also why would every country in the world have on the seventh day the word meaning Sabbath in their language?
Why do you bring the first day of the week into the discussion? I just asked if preaching on a Sabbath proved Paul kept the sabbath rest. I certainly don't keep Sunday. I work a secular job every Sun. afternoon.

Does Hebrews 4 actually teach that the weekly Sabbath is still valid?

Did you read it about His promise which is a Covenant from the beginning of creation? The gospel was preach to us (Hebrew) pray tell who was them (certainly were not Israel or Hebrews) hum? Even those "them" were mixed with faith when they heard it hum again!! Only those who believe will enter into Yahweh's rest wow! When did Yahweh state that His work was finish why in Gen 2:1, 2 and Ex 20:8-11 wow again! Yahweh spake about the seventh day in the beginning and He rested from His work and again those whom it first preached too did not enter into His rest another wow! He limited again during King David time so that is Israel without a doubt. He say to Israel do not harden your heart on my Sabbath. Finally it states clearly as a bell if Yashua the Son of the Most High have given them another day of rest wouldn't He not have spoken it? NO HE DID NOT!!! Sum it up the rest day is still the Sabbath from the beginning when Yahweh finish His work.

Hebrews 4 speaks of a continuous rest by God that started on the seventh day of creation, the continuus rest that Israel was to have in Cannan, and the continuous rest from our works that we now have. I've heard even the Adventist church does not teach that Hebrews 4 is a place to prove weekly sabbath observance.

Thank you for your observations and I'm sorry I took a while to answer back.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I someone came from France to live in the United States, are they obligated to follow the laws of the USA? If they do, does that mean that all people in France have to follow USA laws?

Was God's chosen people the nation of Israel or not? They were a special, set apart nation.

You didn't answer the question and simultaneously opened up a can of worms.

If someone from France came to the USA they would be obligated to keep the laws of the land. A mixed multitude left with Israel, that multitude was obligated to keep the law if they wanted to be counted as one of the people.

Israel was a set apart nation, that didn't keep others from joining them though. God wanted others to join them since they were chosen to be His people.

One Shepherd one flock. That has always been God's plan. Never in scripture does God make a promise to the heathen other then to wipe them out. The promises of God are to His people, His "Israel" - the ones who have struggled with God and prevailed.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If someone from France came to the USA they would be obligated to keep the laws of the land. A mixed multitude left with Israel, that multitude was obligated to keep the law if they wanted to be counted as one of the people.

Israel was a set apart nation, that didn't keep others from joining them though. God wanted others to join them since they were chosen to be His people.

One Shepherd one flock. That has always been God's plan. Never in scripture does God make a promise to the heathen other then to wipe them out. The promises of God are to His people, His "Israel" - the ones who have struggled with God and prevailed.

The whole premise is absurd. "Strangers" or not is irrelevant because the whole system was under the old covenant which was with the nation of Israel, and is now obsolete. If you have any proof that Gentile Christians have somehow inherited the sign of the Sabbath given to the nation of Israel, please show it now.

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are 100% right...:thumbsup:

God is right now continuing in His work of making a holy nation, a royal priesthood. Go back and read when God first made this known and you will ser that Ten Commandments play a key role in making a holy nation. Those who don't have the Law and the testimony are trying to conform God into the image of man.

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God is right now continuing in His work of making a holy nation and a royal priesthood. Go back and read when God first made this known and you will see that Ten Commandments play a key role in making a holy nation. Those who don't have the Law and the testimony are trying to conform God into the image of man.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A nice sentiment, but not Biblical. Where do we find other nations being actively prosthelytized by God or anyone in Israel?

Can you find any Israleite preaching and trying to convert the Gentiles to Judaism in the nations that enslaved them from time to time?

It still doesn't matter because the Sabbath sign was given to the nation of Israel as the sign of their covenant, which has passed and is called "old".

But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.

But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Stryder06 You didn't answer the question and simultaneously opened up a can of worms.

God is right now continuing in His work of making a holy nation and a royal priesthood. Go back and read when God first made this known and you will see that Ten Commandments play a key role in making a holy nation. Those who don't have the Law and the testimony are trying to conform God into the image of man.
But of course he is right.
He is afterall an SDA :thumbsup:

Kingdom Bible Studies Royal Priesthood #1
THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD
Part 1
A KINGDOM OF PRIESTS

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A nice sentiment, but not Biblical. Where do we find other nations being actively prosthelytized by God or anyone in Israel?

Can you find any Israleite preaching and trying to convert the Gentiles to Judaism in the nations that enslaved them from time to time?

It still doesn't matter because the Sabbath sign was given to the nation of Israel as the sign of their covenant, which has passed and is called "old".

Isa 56:6 "Also the sons of the foreigner who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants– Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, And holds fast My covenant–

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But of course he is right.
He is afterall an SDA :thumbsup:

Kingdom Bible Studies Royal Priesthood #1
THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD
Part 1

A KINGDOM OF PRIESTS

I don't agree with everything Adventists say but I do agree with everything God says.

Exodus 19"5-7 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be mine own possession from among all peoples: for all the earth is mine: and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and set before them all these words which Jehovah commanded him.

He then gives them the Ten Commandments.

1Pet 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Remember, Isreal profaned God's Sabbath in the wilderness of which God says they are our example so we should not fall into the same disobedience.

The Bible says that love will grow cold in the last days because of lawlessness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟15,713.00
Faith
Christian
You know the COI were meant to be an example/witness to the other nations, in order that they "join" them in the worship of God. This was not God setting up a kingdom on earth to rival or throw His hat into the world domination ring with the earthly kings, Problem is, the COI could not stop imitating those around them enough to witness. God is Creator of ALL and He gives ALL a chance to be saved.

Ricker, how do you see this playing out? Say the other nations started worshiping God, what do you see happening after that? I am asking because at this point you are sounding a bit like Jonah

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know the COI were meant to be an example/witness to the other nations, in order that they "join" them in the worship of God. This was not God setting up a kingdom on earth to rival or throw His hat into the world domination ring with the earthly kings, Problem is, the COI could not stop imitating those around them enough to witness. God is Creator of ALL and He gives ALL a chance to be saved.

Ricker, how do you see this playing out? Say the other nations started worshiping God, what do you see happening after that? I am asking because at this point you are sounding a bit like Jonah

When Jesus gave the Great Commission it was a new thing. Please find any such command given to Israel saying they were to convert other nations.

The story of Nineveh was long before God chose the nation of Israel to be His.

6 For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession

12 Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
13 you his servants, the descendants of Israel,
his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.

There are many, many places in the Bible where it is said the nation of Israel, starting with Jacob, was chosen by God. The people of Israel agreed to the covenant given at Sinai. No other nation was given those laws and no other nation was chosen. God never said to go make disciples of other nations, in fact God many times told them to utterly destroy them, and at other times have nothing to do with them. This may disturb people who don't believe in a sovereign God who is free to choose who He may, but the Bible is clear. Please counter this with verses saying other nations could join Israel in their covenant, and they were to be actively preached to.

Just to be clear, that old covenant is no longer in effect anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 56:6 "Also the sons of the foreigner who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants– Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, And holds fast My covenant–

It was posssible for foreigners living in Israel to join in their covenant.

48 “A foreigner residing among you who wants to celebrate the LORD’s Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat it.

Now what about some verses telling Israel to go out preach to other nations to convert them to Judahism.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ricker:

You stated:

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what you mean by all this. I do know that there are added sentiments to Ex.34:28.

eser asarah
eh'-ser, as-aw-raw'
Ten (as an accumulation to the extent of the digits): - ten, [fif-, seven-] teen. Strong Hebrew and Greek Dictionary

I am trying to explain that there were more commands and the topic or outline had more to them this is what a covenant is. You make a covenant to your mortgage company or bank or your car company which breaks down the agreement that you must sign simple. Once again neither Yahweh nor Yashua never called them ten commandments Moses wrote actually that they were extensions if you understand the two Hebrew words.

I also know that the Sabbath command was explaned as a sign and a covenant exclusively with Israel before the tablets on which the ten were written was given to Israel according to Ex. 31.

Gen 2:1-3 provided the same thing and it was for man as Isa 66:19-23 I urge that you read it.

That God had law and commands to persons or people before Sinai is not questioned. That the unclean laws and the sabbath sign and the priest laws and the sacrifice laws and the other hundreds of laws existed before Sinai is not at all clear.

They did not exist before Sinai but because of Israel continual sins starting with the golden calf. These temporary sacrificial/ritual/ceremonial laws and oblations were added all still pointing the Lamb that would take away the sins of the world. They cease when Yashua died as Daniel was told by Gabriel. Dan 7:27

Can you show me times where John uses the word "entole" to mean law and not teachings?

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

As the Father gave me commandment [entole], even so I do. John 14:31

These things I command [entole] you, that ye love one another. John 15:17

Think not that I am come to destroy the law [nomos], or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Matt 5:17

On these two commandments [entole] hang all the law [nomos] and the prophets. Matt 22:40

Why do you bring the first day of the week into the discussion? I just asked if preaching on a Sabbath proved Paul kept the sabbath rest. I certainly don't keep Sunday. I work a secular job every Sun. afternoon.

I brought in to show that Sabbath is more than a rest which you've stated that Sunday is a day of worship. The Sabbath is a sign of Yahweh creation and it is made holy Sunday is not!

Hebrews 4 speaks of a continuous rest by God that started on the seventh day of creation, the continuus rest that Israel was to have in Cannan, and the continuous rest from our works that we now have. I've heard even the Adventist church does not teach that Hebrews 4 is a place to prove weekly sabbath observance.

Once again you are adding what is not written to suit your purpose. The Bible is not for private interpretation it explains itself. 2Pe 1:20 It did not say Canaan it said from Creation those would not believe mixed with unbelief and Paul finishes by saying that if Yashua wanted to changed the holy day of rest He would have stated it so there remain a holy day of rest to all of mankind. Also Adventist do teach this as well but even if they didn't I always take the Bible and not the leaders in my church.

Thank you for your observations and I'm sorry I took a while to answer back.

You are very welcome and please to hear your responce.:)

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[=stinsonmarri;58577665]
ricker:

You stated:

eser asarah
eh'-ser, as-aw-raw'
Ten (as an accumulation to the extent of the digits): - ten, [fif-, seven-] teen. Strong Hebrew and Greek Dictionary

I am trying to explain that there were more commands and the topic or outline had more to them this is what a covenant is. You make a covenant to your mortgage company or bank or your car company which breaks down the agreement that you must sign simple. Once again neither Yahweh nor Yashua never called them ten commandments Moses wrote actually that they were extensions if you understand the two Hebrew words.

I am not saying anything about the sabbath command being in the "ten commandments" or not. I am just saying they were said to be given as a covenant and sign with Israel.

Gen 2:1-3 provided the same thing and it was for man as Isa 66:19-23 I urge that you read it.

If you carefully read Genesis 2 there is no command for anyone to rest weekly. Isa. 66 is a prophetic passage full of Jewish imagery that nowhere says anyone will actually be observing the sabbath rest in the new earth Jesus promised..

They did not exist before Sinai but because of Israel continual sins starting with the golden calf. These temporary sacrificial/ritual/ceremonial laws and oblations were added all still pointing the Lamb that would take away the sins of the world. They cease when Yashua died as Daniel was told by Gabriel. Dan 7:27

???????
Daniel 7:27

New International Version (NIV)

27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

It is a big stretch to say any of these are speaking of the Law given to Israel at Sinai.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law [nomos], or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Matt 5:17

On these two commandments [entole] hang all the law [nomos] and the prophets. Matt 22:40
These quotes are obviously not from John.

I brought in to show that Sabbath is more than a rest which you've stated that Sunday is a day of worship. The Sabbath is a sign of Yahweh creation and it is made holy Sunday is not!

I see nothing in the sabbath commands about worship. It is all about rest. Please read the commandments in Exodus 20 and Deut. 5 again.
BTW the sabbath command in the ten in Deut says nothing about creation as an impetus, but the deliverance if Israel from Egypt.

Once again you are adding what is not written to suit your purpose. The Bible is not for private interpretation it explains itself. 2Pe 1:20 It did not say Canaan it said from Creation those would not believe mixed with unbelief and Paul finishes by saying that if Yashua wanted to changed the holy day of rest He would have stated it so there remain a holy day of rest to all of mankind. Also Adventist do teach this as well but even if they didn't I always take the Bible and not the leaders in my church.

What did I add to Hebrews?

2Pe 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I am not interpreting prophesy. In fact I didn't interpret Hebrews. I just said what it says.

No one changed the day of rest. The sign given to Israel is just no longer viable because it wasn't given to anyone else, including the new Christian church. It was expressly given to only Isreal.

I don't want to take the day of rest from you that you obviously believe in and find a blessing. I just want to show ou there are other points of veiw that are Biblical as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a Christian, sincere in his belief that killing Moslems was ok, would God punish or reward that person for disobeying the Commandments? If the killing was sanctioned by the Pope or any other spiritual leader, would it make it ok in the eyes of God?

Like K4C said, God winks in our times of ignorance and all sins can be forgiven, but to willfully and unrepentently transgress God's command will end in destruction.

I think there is more involved then just that. Does a person exhibit hate and takes pleasure in killing? Or does he do it as a solder following orders and takes no pleasure in the killing?

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there is more involved then just that. Does a person exhibit hate and takes pleasure in killing? Or does he do it as a solder following orders and takes no pleasure in the killing?

Yes, in the OT God told Israel to invade and kill all the people in certain other nations.

Upvote 0

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, in the OT God told Israel to invade and kill all the people in certain other nations.

What exactly is your position? Do you believe in the bible or not?

If you believe in the bible we can discuss that, if you don't believe in the bible then it never happened and why are you concerned with it?

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly is your position? Do you believe in the bible or not?

If you believe in the bible we can discuss that, if you don't believe in the bible then it never happened and why are you concerned with it?

I believe that there are and were times when war was/is neccesary, as shown in the Bible. What made you think I don't believe the Bible?

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ricker:

I'm so sorry I gave the wrong text here it is in KJV and the International:

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Dan 9:27

He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. Dan 9:27

ricker I gave you two quotes from Matthew to show you the differences between the word "law" versus "commandment". But I did provide you Scriptures from John read them:

It is a big stretch to say any of these are speaking of the Law given to Israel at Sinai.

ricker command means the same in both Testaments just it accept and move on because Yashua was born a Jew and He knew to keep the commandments as He pointed out to the rich young ruler.

Also Isa 66:19-22 is very clear about stating "all flesh" which includes everyone did you read it?

Well I did not know that you work on Sunday because it is a working day- good!

BTW the sabbath command in the ten in Deut says nothing about creation as an impetus, but the deliverance if Israel from Egypt.

Oh no it doesn't because Moses a man spoke it but look closely to all of their similarities. Moses just do not go into depth as did Elohim but Paul did in Hebrew 4

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day Elohim 1 ended his work which he had made; and 2he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And Elohim 3blessed the seventh day, and 4sanctified it (means to set it apart): because that in it he had rested from all his work which Elohim created and made. Gen 2:1-3

Remember the Sabbath day,1to keep it holy (sanctified). Six days shalt thou labour, and do all they work:But the seventh day is the Sabbath of YAHWEH thy ELOIM: in it 2thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the 3YAHWEH made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is,and 4rested the seventh day:wherefore YAHWEH 5blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it (this means to sanctified or to set it apart which was already stated but repeated again). Ex 20:8-11

Keep the sabbath day to 1sanctify (to set it apart) it, as YAHWEH thy Elohim hath commanded thee. Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:But the seventh day is the Sabbath of YAHWEH thy Elohim in it 2thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may 3rest as well as thou. And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the YAHWEH thy Elohim brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore YAHWEH thy Elohim commanded thee to keep the Sabbath day. Deut 5:12-15

I am not interpreting prophecy. In fact I didn't interpret Hebrews. I just said what it says.

No one changed the day of rest. The sign given to Israel is just no longer viable because it wasn't given to anyone else, including the new Christian church. It was expressly given to only Israel. I don't want to take the day of rest from you that you obviously believe in and find a blessing. I just want to show ou there are other points of view that are Biblical as well.

Here is where you are wrong because the word rest has some deep imbedded meaning to it. The two main words that Strong Dictionary uses for the Hebrew word shabath in which we use the word rest but instead we should use repose, or desist! But the name Sabbath which in Hebrew is called Shabbath which means intermission -"interruption," noun of action from pp. stem of intermittere "to leave off," from inter- "between." Online Etymology Dictionary Now repose originally comes from Latin means to stop and desist also comes from Latin original means to stand aside, leave off, cease, or stop and come to a stand! So when we read in Hebrew what Yahweh actually was saying was to stop what you were doing and many refuse to stop from what they were doing due to not having faith from Gen 2:1-3. He gave this stop command again to Israel they also disobeyed and Yashua being the Word He could have changed the day to stop your work as Elohim stop His and commanded us to keep the day He named Sabbath which means leave off or between two days you labor but not this one at all!!!! However Yashua did not give another intermission but kept the original one His Father named in the beginning! Hallelu- (which means praise be to) Yah!!!!!!!!:clap:

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.