k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vatican official exhorts Catholics to set aside Sundays for God and rest :: Catholic News Agency

Who we obey becomes our master. The kingom of antichrist has Sunday as their holy day. The Muslims have Friday as their holy day and God's people have Saturday as God's holy day. Whoever you chose to worship will determine which day you keep holy.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Who we obey becomes our master. The kingom of antichrist has Sunday as their holy day. The Muslims have Friday as their holy day and God's people have Saturday as God's holy day. Whoever you chose to worship will determine which day you keep holy.

Amen, it's all about loving obedience.

Fasten your seatbelt and cinch up your chin strap, it's gonna start to get bumpy...

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Amen, it's all about loving obedience.

Fasten your seatbelt and cinch up your chin strap, it's gonna start to get bumpy...

ok, it is about loveing obedience
so, you are saying that if a Christian is sincere in his belief that Sunday should be the day of rest for those who follor Jesus Christ
God will punish that person for resting on sunday and working on saturday?

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so, you are saying that if a Christian is sincere in his belief that Sunday should be the day of rest for those who follor Jesus Christ

Sincerity without knowledge of God's true holy day is acceptable to God but sincerity knowing full well what the truth is is disobedience.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

If a Christian, sincere in his belief that killing Moslems was ok, would God punish or reward that person for disobeying the Commandments? If the killing was sanctioned by the Pope or any other spiritual leader, would it make it ok in the eyes of God?

Like K4C said, God winks in our times of ignorance and all sins can be forgiven, but to willfully and unrepentently transgress God's command will end in destruction.

Upvote 0

gadesa

Jul 22, 2011
✟15,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
riginally Posted by Rhamiel

in other words If you kno the Sabbath is the True day of Worship and one choose to follow man by worshipin on sunday its almost similar to the sons of aaron who died because they offered strange fire to God or Cain who offered his best fruits but it was not what God had ask

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
riginally Posted by Rhamiel

in other words If you kno the Sabbath is the True day of Worship and one choose to follow man by worshipin on sunday its almost similar to the sons of aaron who died because they offered strange fire to God or Cain who offered his best fruits but it was not what God had ask

If one truly loves God and has His Spirit living in them they will have a desire to obey God once truth comes in. Now don't get me wrong, sometimes it's hard obeying God because of family, friends and even our own selves struggle with the will of God at times. Right now God says where sin abounds, grace much more abounds. God is working in His people but there will come an end of time where people will be as they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, brother you don't have to take my interpretations if you do not agree with it.
I know that different people give different interpretations, but this is my interpretation. You are not of course obligated to accept it
I am someone who does not belong to any dogma, I was born in Orthodox Church, but I am not there, I am a free Christian, but I do not consider unworthy any dogma.
I never said to any one go away from your Church, sometimes we all make mistakes brother, and only when the whole Truth shines, then we will know who was closer to the Truth.
In Lord's love Terry Varnas

So your interpretation of the Vatican advocating a forced Sunday rest is that it has to do with Jesus' miracle at Cana and the institution of marraige?
:confused:
I'm mising something here, can you better tie the two together for me? Thanx...

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you mean to tie together Sunday rest and miracle of Cana, no, I don't think so! What the one has to do with the other?
Perhaps only spherical.
It is absolute necessity for the working people, and especially on those years for the slaves to have a day off, to have a rest and glorify the Lord.
This is diachronic issue, and the same applies and for the marriage as well. The Lord reveals the Will of the Creator, which is for all the people, regardless if obey or not!
The Lord says, it was not the Man for Suturday, but the Saturday for the Man! So the Human for God is above Saturday or Sunday.
God created the Human to dominate according to His Law and Will....
The lifeless can not be above the living Human and destroy the Human, while at those years they wanted to kill the Lord while He break the God's Law which said to kill any one who work on Saturday!
But what a law which goes above the limits, and of course the Lord fulfill the Laws by His teaching.
All must have some limits, and I repeat again, a law that was given by God, should be valid for yesterday, for today and for tomorrow
In Lord's love Terry Varnas

Thank you Terry...

Sister White says that we will come to a greater understanding of the Sabbath and it's importance as the latter rain is poured out. We must have this to be able to effectively communicate to the world the neccessity of obeying this precept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It must feel good to start a thread in a forum where you know everyone will agree with you. How low must your self esteem be?

We are only doing what the Bible teaches...

My worth is in knowing that I am a son of God and that He is my ever loving Father... nothing else.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It must feel good to start a thread in a forum where you know everyone will agree with you. How low must your self esteem be?

Um, my brother, I started a Thread in the GT area called European Sunday Alliance, and I mentioned this issue. You're more then welcome to debate the issue there if you'd like.

This issue being posted here is no different then any issue that a Catholic may take to their own board. Sometimes you just simply get tired of fighting, and other times you just have something you want to share with people you know aren't going to bite your head off.

Nothing to do with Self-esteem

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Terry,
I read your comments on the marriage at Cana and I appreciate why you posted it.:thumbsup: We should all take a dynamic look at God's word and teach it's lessons, rather than just accept what others have to say without biblical support.

Yes, the original poster (and SDA) wants to put a spotlight on the catholic church rather than the word of God to support their reason of keeping the sabbath as the day to rest and worship.

The word of God is not silent about days chosen to honor God. Text proves that it's a personal choice between a man and God. Claiming to keep Sabbath is really a separate issue to worshipping God.

Religion alway says different from God's word....................

4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.
8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Terry,
I read your comments on the marriage at Cana and I appreciate why you posted it.:thumbsup: We should all take a dynamic look at God's word and teach it's lessons, rather than just accept what others have to say without biblical support.

Yes, the original poster (and SDA) wants to put a spotlight on the catholic church rather than the word of God to support their reason of keeping the sabbath as the day to rest and worship.

The word of God is not silent about days chosen to honor God. Text proves that it's a personal choice between a man and God. Claiming to keep Sabbath is really a separate is to worshipping God.

Religion alway says different from God's word....................

4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.
8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

God makes a distinction between the sabbaths pertaining to the shadows and the seventh day, which He protected by Law. One came as a result of sin while the other was instituted before sin.

God has given gifts to His people such as preaching and teaching. What if a pastor studied all week to preach on the Sabbath only to find the church empty because your family chooses to gather on Thursday, my family chooses Monday, our neighbors choose Tuesday, my boss says Wednesday is the day, the government says Sunday so as a result, no one is there on the day God protected by Law for the preacher to preach and teach.

Upvote 0

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟8,213.00
Faith
Christian
So, what did you expect whe you stepped into the Traditional SDA forum? You are not even the Progressive SDA Forum where some variance can and often does occur. I'm with Stryder, I am sure if you stepped into the Catholic, Methodist. Baptist, JW, etc. forums you would find the same going on. These particular forums and the rules that guide them are made for those of like belief to discuss said beliefs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.