Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A source close to the matter says the Dutch government must take responsibility for how Lillianne Ploumen, a militant pro-abortion politician, abused her Order of Saint Gregory medal, and that her award was actually meant as a 'slight.'

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/55698/b#.WmYK30Y8LCQ

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mitchie I wanted to ask you about an article in Time about Francis in South America -- what it gets wrong or right, and what may be a better article on those particular aspects -- but there isn't a way to message you, and I didn't want to just post it in your thread, so how could I ask you?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Post the article in the forum. I haven't read it. Not sure how much I could help though.
Mitchie I wanted to ask you about an article in Time about Francis in South America -- what it gets wrong or right, and what may be a better article on those particular aspects -- but there isn't a way to message you, and I didn't want to just post it in your thread, so how could I ask you?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post the article in the forum. I haven't read it. Not sure how much I could help though.

I try to be very cautious about what I post. While the issue in the article I wanted to ask about is a factual question, I don't want to accidentally bring in any prejudice the article has in other areas. I feel like if I post something, I'm partly endorsing some part of it. You have done various posts to the effect that some North American/European churches had less attendance than in the past, but Catholic churches no problem, but apparently in South America, that's not the case at all. And it's not one church vs another I'm considering, but a deeper, bigger question -- to what extent is there a general falling away around the world from churches generally, even while there will of course always be regions/countries where faith remains strong, and also there will be regions winning new converts because they had little before now. But in the whole-world picture, is the South American situation happening more than we think? If so, could it be what's been foretold in scripture?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I try to be very cautious about what I post. While the issue in the article I wanted to ask about is a factual question, I don't want to accidentally bring in any prejudice the article has in other areas. I feel like if I post something, I'm partly endorsing some part of it. You have done various posts to the effect that some North American/European churches had less attendance than in the past, but Catholic churches no problem, but apparently in South America, that's not the case at all. And it's not one church vs another I'm considering, but a deeper, bigger question -- to what extent is there a general falling away around the world from churches generally, even while there will of course always be regions/countries where faith remains strong, and also there will be regions winning new converts because they had little before now. But in the whole-world picture, is the South American situation happening more than we think? If so, could it be what's been foretold in scripture?
There is nothing wrong with posting part of an article with s link for discussion. You should post it. I haven't read it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status