Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think this is such a great habit. Especially for young people. They need to get wisdom. I did this for years!!! And it has an impact. I think even subconsciously. Have you ever heard about something and you know somewhere that there is something wrong with that, but can't pinpoint it. I think that Proverbs develops this.
Now after several years doing this. I changed it. As you might know those chapters and verses divisions are not inspired. Proverbs was one Book without chapters. From Chapter 10 to 30, most verses stand by itself. In other words, It's about the only Book that you can really just take one verse. So, that's what I did for a long time. Every day, I would take one verse and meditate on it, till I finished Chapter 30, and then started again at Chapter 10. The first 9 Chapters are like the rest of the Bible, they really should be taken in context. That's why I started at Chapter 10 for that. Or maybe you want to do both... That would be good too.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's like manna from heaven. In particular, Proverbs 6:16 through verse 19.

i would love to participate in a study on this, as well as ALL of Proverbs, including Proverbs 2, verse 4, that tells us to "dig" for wisdom, as if we're digging for silver and for "hidden treasures", which is very dear to my heart, amongst others.

Upvote 0