Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From ABC News ...

Caitlyn Jenner, Formerly Known as Bruce, Poses for Vanity Fair | ABC News

In a video that accompanies the Vanity Fair article, Jenner says, "The last few days in doing this shoot was about my life. And who I am as a person. It’s not about the fanfare, it’s not about people cheering in the stadium. It’s not about going down the street and everybody giving me ‘Thataboy, Bruce!’ Pat on the back, Ok? This about your life. Bruce always had to tell a lie. He was always living that lie. Every day he always had a secret from morning till night. Caitlyn doesn’t have any secrets. Soon as the Vanity Fair cover comes out, I’m free.”

Good luck with that, Bruce. I'm thinking you're still gonna be the same person you always were.

Reactions: pdudgeon

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good luck with that, Bruce. I'm thinking you're still gonna be the same person you always were.

That's actually the point. She's still the same person she's always been, but now she can truly show who she is and live as herself. A lot of people think that, after going through transition, we are "becoming someone else" and that's just not the case.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure the men will be lining up to date her! Right?

I don't recall her saying she was even attracted to men, let alone wanting to date them. On the other hand, she did specifically say she was attracted to women, though wouldn't be pursuing anything with anyone for a while.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't recall her saying she was even attracted to men, let alone wanting to date them. On the other hand, she did specifically say she was attracted to women, though wouldn't be pursuing anything with anyone for a while.

But when that time comes, will he/she be forthcoming about his/her past? "By the way, I used to be Bruce Jenner!" I've always wondered how Bruce would handle that, and how a future "wife" or whatever he'd have in the future would handle it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure the men will be lining up to date her! Right?
Because that's the only way to judge someone's value, how date worthy they are.

"You feel comfortable in yourself, fully actualised and content for the first time in your life? Well, Aldebaran wouldn't date you so, you know, fail".

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But when that time comes, will he/she be forthcoming about his/her past? "By the way, I used to be Bruce Jenner!" I've always wondered how Bruce would handle that, and how a future "wife" or whatever he'd have in the future would handle it.

First of all, dating or having relationships is not what this is about, so while I will answer, I want to make the point that this has nothing to do with her transition.

In the case of Caitlyn Jenner, I don't think that many people are going to be unaware of who she used to live as. She's pretty famous and, at least for a while, her transition is going to be very highly publicized.

For the rest of us, it is a choice when to disclose. While I've always been very up front about who I am (hard not to be since I'm a public speaker and advocate), I acknowledge not every person wants to introduce themselves like "Hi. I'm Kathy. I used to be Robert." any more than someone wants to meet someone and say "Hi. I'm Dave. I suffer from E.D." The choice of when to disclose what is essentially your medical history is a personal choice. However, I never recommend waiting until one is in the bedroom to talk about it. Given the chance of getting attacked, I would actually recommend telling sooner and in a public place.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because that's the only way to judge someone's value, how date worthy they are.

"You feel comfortable in yourself, fully actualised and content for the first time in your life? Well, Aldebaran wouldn't date you so, you know, fail".

Did I say I wouldn't? :)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First of all, dating or having relationships is not what this is about, so while I will answer, I want to make the point that this has nothing to do with her transition.

In the case of Caitlyn Jenner, I don't think that many people are going to be unaware of who she used to live as. She's pretty famous and, at least for a while, her transition is going to be very highly publicized.

For the rest of us, it is a choice when to disclose. While I've always been very up front about who I am (hard not to be since I'm a public speaker and advocate), I acknowledge not every person wants to introduce themselves like "Hi. I'm Kathy. I used to be Robert." any more than someone wants to meet someone and say "Hi. I'm Dave. I suffer from E.D." The choice of when to disclose what is essentially your medical history is a personal choice. However, I never recommend waiting until one is in the bedroom to talk about it. Given the chance of getting attacked, I would actually recommend telling sooner and in a public place.

Probably something that would be good to disclose rather early in a relationship since it may very well be a shock to the person their in a relationship with.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Probably something that would be good to disclose rather early in a relationship since it may very well be a shock to the person their in a relationship with.

I agree. There are many things that should be disclosed fairly early in a relationship that should be discussed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I'm going to puke at the next Bruce/Kim/Kris/Kanye/ whatever. At least he didn't spell Caitlyn with a "K". Look, I'm all for people having the freedom to be who they are, including Bruce Jenner. But, please stop with the self-pity and the exploitation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.