enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pfc. Vanessa Guillen bludgeoned to death on Army base, family attorney says - CNN
Pfc. Vanessa Guillen bludgeoned to death on Army base, family attorney says
By Kay Jones and Ray Sanchez, CNN
(CNN)Fort Hood Pfc. Vanessa Guillen was bludgeoned to death with a hammer in the armory room where she worked, an attorney for Guillen's family said on Thursday.

Guillen's body was transported from the military installation by her killer, attorney Natalie Khawam told CNN, citing details the family learned during a meeting with Army investigators on Wednesday night.
The main suspect in disappearance was identified by officials on Thursday as Spc. Aaron David Robinson.
Khawam said the family told her that Guillen had planned to file a harassment complaint against Robinson the day after she was killed, and that they believe Robinson became enraged when she told him that.

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I live next to Fort Hood.

While most of the cities around the base are fairly peaceful, Killeen - the city the base is officially attached to - is a state-wide embarrassment.

Where I live, it's 1 - 2 murders a year, and they're typically solved in a reasonable amount of time.

Killeen can have 4 - 5 in a month, and a lot of them just don't get solved. The powers-that-be have no qualms about getting cars with "ghost" decals for the police department to drive, but actually hiring more cops so that they're not as understaffed and overworked?

As far as Fort Hood goes, the only way to understand just how huge the base is would be to actually come visit. North Fort Hood is so massive, vast, and overgrown with vegetation - including trees - that tanks have gone missing up there. A crew will lose their bearings, dismount to look for familiar landmarks, and be unable to locate their tank.

With so many people coming in and out of the base, and so much of it to search, sadly we've had issues with soldiers going missing. I remember an incident from a few years ago where a soldier went missing during a training exercise, and even *with* the sheer number of people looking for him he was out there so long he died shortly before he would have reached a main road that civilians have access to.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)